IGNORED

The Reading Test

Louis

Well, lets face it - whenever we are on Sky, we make ourselves a laughing stock.

Its hard to believe that Moyes said he won't be buying in the transfer market, when we have the likes of Carsley and Naysmith in the first team! Both are two yards behind the play. Useless.

Also, Mike 'Manchester United' Riley must is shockingly bad. Anyway, lets see what the second half has to offer.

Fingers-crossed!

COYB!!!

;)

i dont remember for a while us posessionally dominating a team like that before and still end up a goal down with 10mins to go, dont get me wrong i dont think we played particularly well, we just played a damn sight better than them

the atmosphere, like ive said so many times before, was pathetic, people laugh at that reclaim the kop website but in all honesty i dont really think we can scoff when our grounds like that, the commentators were all over it, i wouldnt mind but we can make a team shit themselves on the pitch when the ground is roaring, which in turn does make the team play better as any opposition can be running scared

im going to go out on a limb here and say that my motm was van der meyde, dont get me wrong he wasnt perfect, none of the team were, but the balls he put in and they way he could take on some of their players was great and reminiscent of his playing days at ajax and when he was fully fit at inter, the only real causes for concern for him were his pace and the fact that he never seems to want to track back, but he probably picked that up in italy given the way they play over there, sort that out and personally i think he'd be unstoppable, it was unlucky to bring him off for beattie as no one else on our team seemed to be competant at putting a decent ball in so we effectively lost our attack from the wings

mcfadden was woeful, what the hell was that about?never found a man and looked generally disinterested as such, osman was poor too, cant put a decent cross in,cant say ive ever really been a huge fan of him to start with but that display didnt really do anything to change my mind.

the goal really was unlucky for us as we didnt deserve it and at the end of the day it could have happened to anyone, and it was just unlucky for lescott to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

4 final points being:

1: reading probably would have clawed another back had doyle not been injured

2: ive complete confidence in saying that we'd have won if arteta would have been playing and anichebe from the start

3: mike riley made some supremely poor decisions and we should have had a lot more go our way

4: wonder why sly left early?and why the hell did i have so much confidence when he come out in an Everton coat and scarf?

theres my 2 cents, read em and weep, im off to have sunday dinner at fayes mums

The first half was fucking pathetic, Everton just werent up for it. And gave the ball away constantly. The second half was so much better, we were like a different team. I just want to know why we couldnt have started the game that way, if we had I have no doubt in saying we would have won that game comfortably. Carsley and Naysmith have to go, they are absolute shite.

Wigan next who havnt won in 6 games, so they'll probably beat us.

sly probably needed to get to london. for his premire.

iam very surprised at the attendance. 35,000 nearly. now i thought with rocky coming there would have been more as many would have wanted the chance to see him.

£30 against Reading... my reason

I don't normally like commenting on the atmosphere but a guy, who had tried his best to get it pumpin, stood up today and summed it up...

"Come on lads, where your fucking hearts?"

Not the best game for Sly to come watch but sod it, role on Wigan and a must must MUST win....

Pat, your not far wrong.

Its amazing that we can up our game in the last 20 minutes when we are facing defeat at home to a single, offside, roll the ball in the net, type of goal, yet for the other 70 minutes, we seem to just knock the ball around aimlessly, give away possession and fail to make any indent on the match.

Yesterday lacked spirit and belief. Sadly.

:(

Did like the fact Reading were chanting your support is fucking shit, when they didnt sell thier allocation on the upper tier. Mike Riley is a twat he was trying to steal all the headlines because of stallone's Presence i distinctly remember beattie getting his shirt nearly pulled over his head as he went for a header and the foul going reading's way!

Simply, we were not able to CREATE chances...primary reason i would say -> ARTEA was not playing....that is a sad truth....this show we are over relying on one creative midfielder..It is definite that we need to buy a Creative midfielder who can create sparks,who can give those spilting passes....else we will end up pushing the ball around or pumping the ball up and hoping the opposite defence makes an error (like that day) so that we can score one pathetic goal! Moyes!! go and get us a creatve midfielder!!!!! arrrrggghhh!!!

I don't think that it is that we fail to create chances, I can think of several which went begging...

However, I think the problem with Everton at the moment is that our players seem completely unable to take the first time chance on goal. To put a finer point on it, little Leon had an opportunity in the second half, where, if he had of hit the ball first time when he recieved it we may have stood a chance, however he went for the 'always' second touch, which allowed the Reading defenders to suitably close him down and block any attempt. Even a first time 'blast' can see a well struck ball bouncing around the opponents penalty area or box, needing only a deflection to hit the back of the net.

I guess first time touch comes with confidence, which comes with goals though...a vicious circle!

:)