IGNORED

Ear Infections

Moyski

There really is nothing worse than an ear infection...I have every sympathy for you.

I had a perforated ear drum when I had measels as a toddler, and ever since I have suffered with my ears. Just keep dosed up with pain killers, take on loads of liquids, keep warm and loads of sleep. Also, when it is starting to clear up, try to avoid chewy foods, as it can inflame the sensitive recovering parts in your ear, which can inflame it again...

And most of all, keep water out! If water becomes trapped in an infected ear it becomes very very very painful, believe me, I know from first hand experience.

Hope you are feeling better soon...

:)

Aye my eldest lad had massive probs with that, has Grommitt's in his ears now & can actually equalise without bursting his ear drums again.

Had him @ hospital a cple times in screaming fits of pain coz of etc.

I no your pain Richie, & its evil.

I had a nasty nast ear infection beginning of december. Exactly the same two weeks I had all my exams :(

I found sitting or standing up was the best, although it did leak a little. The pain and the feeling of the ear bunged up and the sound it makes as it 'dissolves' is horrible. Don't want to go through that agin.

I'v got the worst bout of man flu I'v had for years at the mo, been off work for 2 days now and done nothing but lie around trying to sleep which is impossible cos my skin is tingling all over and theres a constant stream of snot outa my left nostril. So when I'm not sneezing violently or swallowing what feels like broken glass I'm just glad of a bit of peace & quiet :(

It's times like this I wish I had a girl to come feed me soup & make me feel betta!!

I'v got the worst bout of man flu I'v had for years at the mo, been off work for 2 days now and done nothing but lie around trying to sleep which is impossible cos my skin is tingling all over and theres a constant stream of snot outa my left nostril. So when I'm not sneezing violently or swallowing what feels like broken glass I'm just glad of a bit of peace & quiet :(

It's times like this I wish I had a girl to come feed me soup & make me feel betta!!

Excuse me I offered to look after you but no man knows best as usual

And now I have the stupid flu!

Picked up an ear infection in The Gambia some years ago...it was OK 'til I got on the plane to come home..the pressurisation affected it and I was in complete agony all the way home which, including a refuelling stop at Faro due to headwinds, took about eight hours. Never,ever,ever,ever get on a plane with an ear infection...that's my advice.