IGNORED

Johnson Breaks Ankle

Louis

From the Official Site:

Everton top scorer Andy Johnson was stretchered off midway through the second half of today's game against Wigan.

The striker was taken to Wigan Infirmary after being withdrawn from the action as a precaution.

He is believed to have sustained an ankle injury.

The full extent of the problem will be known on Monday, although the striker must now be considered a major doubt for the Merseyside derby in a fortnight.

evertonfc.com will bring you the latest news as soon as it is available.

How long does it take to perform an X-Ray surely one will be done today and then a doctor would clearly be able to see a break or a fracture. It always puzzles me how at this club the results are never known till tomorrow, surely they have an idea rather than suggesting it's simply an ankle injury heck Sky and BBC have both stated he has a suspected broken angle not that you would know if you check the official site.

Was at the game at the JJB today. AJ went down just in front of us and it did not look good at all...he was in a tremendous amount of pain. Hopefully it was nothing too serious, but it looked it.

Incidentally, it looked like Kirkland gave him a push in the back causing him to fall, but I have not seen a replay, was this the case in which we should have been awarded a penalty?

:(

""dont ask me why but ive just got a feelin that Anechebe and Beatts can form abit of a partnership.""

Dont think he'll do it, with all our midfielders back to fitness he'll revert to 4-5-1. Some tough games coming up.

Edited by Licker

Surely, the powers that be at Everton must know what the damage is, if not the extent. It only takes a couple of xrays to discover whether something is broken or not, therefore, it may well be that it is not broken, and that the medical team is waiting for swelling/bruising to subside so they can get a more accurate idea of what the damage really is.

I may be hoping beyond all hope here...but it is not an unreasonable thought I dont think!

;)

Surely, the powers that be at Everton must know what the damage is, if not the extent. It only takes a couple of xrays to discover whether something is broken or not, therefore, it may well be that it is not broken, and that the medical team is waiting for swelling/bruising to subside so they can get a more accurate idea of what the damage really is.

I may be hoping beyond all hope here...but it is not an unreasonable thought I dont think!

;)

Im praying that you're right mate, we just got Cahill back I dont want to lose AJ straight away

incidentally, its interesting that Everton have made comments about the condition of the pitch at the JJB today. It did look a bit cut up and a bit boggy and marsh like - which, although they were not alleging at this point, may be a reason for AJ's injury. More likely Kirkland pushing him in the back though in my opinion...but I will see on MOTD a little later on!

:D

incidentally, its interesting that Everton have made comments about the condition of the pitch at the JJB today. It did look a bit cut up and a bit boggy and marsh like - which, although they were not alleging at this point, may be a reason for AJ's injury. More likely Kirkland pushing him in the back though in my opinion...but I will see on MOTD a little later on!

:D

Moyes did, he said it could have been a factor in his injury