IGNORED

Emre - I Use The Word Negro

Some interesting comments from Emre, ending with a rather irrelevant reference to the Prime Minister of Turkey!

Main thing is he seems to be admitting he used the world "black" or "negro" or... you know what, as part of an insult - but claims that isn't racist where he comes from.

Dunno about you but if I heard someone call another person you "black bast#ard" or whatever, I'd call that an open-and-shut case, honestly.

Newcastle midfielder Emre insists he is not a racist and claims cultural differences have led to the storm over his alleged abuse of Everton players.

The 26-year-old Turkey international is set for a personal hearing at the Football Association after denying a charge of using racially-aggravated language in his side's 3-0 defeat at Goodison Park on December 30.

Emre is alleged to have racially insulted Toffees goalkeeper Tim Howard and defenders Joseph Yobo and Joleon Lescott.

But he says his religion - he is a Muslim - forbids such behaviour and insists his friendship with Magpies team-mate Obafemi Martins proves he is not racist.

Emre told the Daily Mirror: 'I'm not racist. Because of my religion, I'm against racism. I gave my defence to the federation about this case, but I don't know whether I will get a ban.

'My best friend is Obafemi. He's also my room-mate, so how can anyone call me a racist?It's normal to say words like `black' or `negro' in Turkey but, when you say this in England, it's misunderstood.'

Emre claims Newcastle have said they will stand by him, even if he is found guilty, saying: 'Newcastle offered me a contract, even if I get a ban.

'I want to stay but, if I feel that everything is against me, I may have to think about my situation in England. I have had great support from the Prime Minister of Turkey.'

Bullshit. Are we supposed to believe he said "You are a negro!" They'd have laughed at him, it was obviously as part of an insult. And his two defences...the Ron Atkinson defence (some of my best friends...) bollocks. And the fact that the PM of Turkey is also a racist bastard makes it OK for him to be?

That doesn't make a lot of grammatical sense I'm afraid but it makes me angry :angry: .

Unfortunately it does excuse his word or action, generally, if people are offened, as lescott clearly was then its out of order

But whats the diffference in calling someone a ginger twat, black twat or a scouse twat, its all type of bullying to try and belittle the recipient, and its all wrong, racism is a bit deeper than that for me though

Unfortunately it does excuse his word or action, generally, if people are offened, as lescott clearly was then its out of order

But whats the diffference in calling someone a ginger twat, black twat or a scouse twat, its all type of bullying to try and belittle the recipient, and its all wrong, racism is a bit deeper than that for me though

You lot did it to John Barnes and are widely known to have racist supporters, in fact you still do it when you refer to Liverpools International support.

You lot really know your history.............................funny thread.

That has always been a pet hate of mine Zed. To start with though I do not condone racism at all, however like you said in the part i highlighted i cant see why its a rule for one, one for the rest.

I do not find racism acceptable, someone to be persecuted for being a different colour for no reason is displicable but surely they will have to start clamping down on people chanting you fat bastard to rooney and so on...

(I totally agree with you Mike with the 'but my mates black' shite, shocking excuse)

You lot did it to John Barnes and are widely known to have racist supporters, in fact you still do it when you refer to Liverpools International support.

You lot really know your history.............................funny thread.

Your club has hardley room to talk...in fact no room to talk

Funny post

So I have to be guilty about every wrong doing of every Evetonian

BIG CLUB -SMALL MIND

I've not got a guilty concience

I think its you who dont know your history, or just choose the parts of your history you prefer

As Ian said, you have no room to talk

So I have to be guilty about every wrong doing of every Evetonian

BIG CLUB -SMALL MIND

I've not got a guilty concience

I think its you who dont know your history, or just choose the parts of your history you prefer

As Ian said, you have no room to talk

No room to talk!?.............................of course I have (till I get banned for not being a blue,that is) I hate racism and think that his excuse is poppycock.

Let's cut to the chase.....

I am not racist. how can I be when it is ok in my land to call people Darky or Nigga, by the way the real reason people hate me is because I am a Muslim & you are all against me, what disgusts me more is that Yobo is a catholic darky, why am i being victimised by you christian hethan's- God Is great. Emre B (Misunderstood).

Deport the fuker - with a big ass stamp reading BIGOT -> NEVER @ RETURN over his papers.

Whilst @ it I would be spurning some heated mail tot he Turkish Govt as well, espec if they ahve supported this little blight on society.

Emre The product & a reflection of a split country caught in archaic, religious, barborous traditions, struggling to find it's place in the modern world.

Never should have let them in EEU. Strategic military uses or not.

It's like in view to football all round the Turk's need to shape up or Ship out. ( been sailing close to the wind for years - Yet if British fans etc had comitted similar offences massive bans would have been handed out )

Oh yeh & Liverpool supporters like Leeds should be well versed in Ottoman injustice.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see what Emre is trying to say when he says that the N-word is okay in Turkey but is misunderstood in England. Its the same here in India. Although people like me, always use the word 'black', one cant say the same about the others. But its accepted, here.

But that doesnt mean to say that what Emre did was fine. If he's been staying in England for 2 years already, and with this Stop Rasicm campaign from Fifa before every game, i see NO excuse that he can give. The punishment should be what he deserves.

I understand the angle Xav ( Nice 2 see you BTW) But this Chap Emre ahs played In Italy, The Uk & all over the world with his national team.

No excuses, no blurred cultural literacies, this guy knows right from wrong & is simply clutching @ straws trying to wriggle out of it.

:rolleyes: the guy cant keep his gob shut.

no excuses, becasue at the end of the day, thats all they are. Why do you need to refer to the colour of someones skin when talking to them, it's hardly going to be a revelation to them is it. "what, I'm black! You fkin serious!!"

he's a racist and his whinging excuses cut no ice with me.