IGNORED

Keane To Celtic

Were have you just heard that??

The Sun said this morning he's signing for Celtic,

But last week he was signing for us, this week it was Madriad.

So unless you have heard definative news then my guess is we are still an as likley destination for Keane as anywhere.

I agree with bringing in young blood.

But if you have a chance to sign a player of Keane's calliber (i.e proper world class - still) for a free - you have to consider bringing them in.

I for one would love to see him don the Everton shirt. He may not have the legs of a young man, but his midfeild brain, tackling and passing is still top draw. Man United would still be a better team with a 34 year old Roy Keane in it, than anything else they have got instead.

Having his experience in our midfeild can only be a positive in both the short term when he plays and in the long term with the experince and guidence to younger players will get from one of the worlds best players over the last 10 years. (he beats the socks of Egder Davids anyday of the week!!!!)

Yes, he is only a stop gap as you will not get more than 18 months out of him, possibley less. But as we know a lot can happen in 6 to 18 months.

Were have  you just heard that??

The Sun said this morning he's signing for Celtic,

But last week he was signing for us, this week it was Madriad.

So unless you have heard definative news then my guess is we are still an as likley destination for Keane as anywhere.

I agree with bringing in young blood.

But if you have a chance to sign a player of Keane's calliber (i.e proper world class - still) for a free - you have to consider bringing them in.

I for one would love to see him don the Everton shirt. He may not have the legs of a young man, but his midfeild brain, tackling and passing is still top draw. Man United would still be a better team with a 34 year old Roy Keane in it, than anything else they have got instead.

Having his experience in our midfeild can only be a positive in both the short term when he plays and in the long term with the experince and guidence to younger players will get from one of the worlds best players over the last 10 years. (he beats the socks of Egder Davids anyday of the week!!!!)

Yes, he is only a stop gap as you will not get more than 18 months out of him, possibley less. But as we know a lot can happen in 6 to 18 months.

Spot on assement :)

anyone just bored of the whole saga?

I don't give a shit where Keane goes.

If he turns up and signs for us then great, if not then i'm really not bothered.

Celtic, Real, Bolton, Everton, all the papers have claimed that he's put pen to paper for at least 3 of those 4 so lets just calm down about it until we see him signing a contract and pulling on a shirt.

anyone just bored of the whole saga?

I don't give a shit where Keane goes.

If he turns up and signs for us then great, if not then i'm really not bothered.

Celtic, Real, Bolton, Everton, all the papers have claimed that he's put pen to paper for at least 3 of those 4 so lets just calm down about it until we see him signing a contract and pulling on a shirt.

A big blue Amen to that Mr Wooney sir, couldn't agree more!!

I don't really think that this is a big loss if he does finally sign for Celtic. However, the wages would have been huge and is a central midfielder really a priority with the limited funds that we have?

Good luck to him but lets get young, hungry players. I remain a fan of Sean Davis and if the price of £2m is correct, it's worth a go.

Saw in the sign today that they are saying that the Celtic owner is paying most of his salery, however the thing that made me laugh was the thing where they say.

Exclusively revealed in the sun yesterday. When you have said that he is signing for every club in the premier league, Scottish league and Spanish league then you are bound it get it right somewhere

Exclusively revealed in the sun yesterday. When you have said that he is signing for every club in the premier league, Scottish league and Spanish league then you are bound it get it right somewhere

They are complete wankers, no question..smug, hypocritical, arrogant and sanctimonious peddlars of prurient shite!!

Edited by mikeo

Yeah saw at lunch on Sky Sports news that he has signed until June 2007 which is the 18 months he was looking for.

In my opinion 18 months was to long of a deal for us to offer. Would have settled for a 6 month deal but wouldn't have been happy if we signed him on a 18 month deal