IGNORED

Cricket World Cup 20 - 20 Update

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd think that the wouldnt bother putting it on there if they cant afford to draw a crowd. they will probably loose a fair bit of money this way, and it doesn't do the sport any justice.

Watching cricket can seem very boring on TV but when your their its awesome. I went to the Ashes (when we won) at Trent Bidge and the atmosphere was immense. Got very drunk throughout the day as well. But it was one of the best sporting events i have ever been too (second only to the world cup in Germany)

The only possible upset IMO would be maybe in group B where Bangladesh (ranked 9) could push either India (5) or Sri Lanka (6).

Well there you go...wish I'd put some money on it :( . No-one could have seen Ireland going through at Pakistans expense though.

• 2 weeks later...
Now we've lost Bell. Lets hope this isnt the start of our usual collapse.

EDIT - Collingwood gone now aswell, Freddy in. I expect Freddy to be walking back within 10 balls.

19 balls for four runs..pathetic.

Down to Pietersen now...Bopara in and Nixon to come...settle for 250 now :( .

• 5 months later...

Got 73 in the end. A respectable total from 1-4.

I once played for my school against the local Royal Grammar.....always used to stuff us at every "posh" sport, vast resources and top notch facilities and coaches put us at a distinct disadvantage....anyway it was an after school limited over game, must have been quite short to avoid playing in the dark, they hammered us for 200 odd for about two.....we were bowled out for twelve in reply :lol: (I second top scored with two ;) ).