IGNORED

So How Many Points To Beat The Drop?

Guest fozzie22

Guest fozzie22

Given that sunderland just have to turn up to get beat i reckon we'll be needing about 42-44 points to ensure survival.

And given that we've got 17 points from 17 games so far this season,it's going to be a close run thing,unless we dont improve quickly.

The worrying thing is that we have already had 6pointers and lost them, against portsmouth, west brom, fulham, and other such teams who are candidates for the drop, whose to say that sunderland wont beat us.

The way we are playing at the moment THE DAGENHAM GIRLS PIPERS COULD TURN US OVER. B)

If you look at the players individually and compare them against other teams ours are not too bad, but for some reason they are just not performing.

Licker, reporting for the bbc from somewhere in the uk, cold, wet, and feeling really pissed off. :lol:

The way we are playing at the moment THE DAGENHAM GIRLS PIPERS COULD TURN US OVER.  B)

More fun if Souness was the manager, three weeks none of them would be talking to each other and they'd get stuffed by the Dagenham Girl Pipers under sixteen second eleven!! :lol:

What is it about Dagenham and Girl Pipers? I got it from my dad Licker , what's your excuse? :lol:

Forty should be enough unless Sunderland completely self destruct, and we are good enough often enough to get that. I always (after many years of experience) think that as long as you have more points than games played you should be OK and more often than not that's the case (not always though, in ten years of the thirty eight game season Sunderland 40pts 1997..Bolton 40pts 1998 and West Ham 42 pts 2003 are the exceptions).

Keep the Faith!!

Edited by mikeo

i think after this heavy defeat to Bolton, Moyes had slammed his team performance and especially Weir. Moyes had commented on Weir's standard during their lost to Westham.

He might be dropping Weir to the bench for Villa match. Who knows... He might lose his armband to someone. :D

Then we will start to perform and win the last 3 games in Dec. IMWT, for at least until end of December.

Edited by jared

Guest fozzie22
I agree, Kroldroup has to step into Weir's position now, and time for Neville to take the arm band.

I think Weir has a 'Richard Wright' complex, I really don't think he is comfortable at all with Wright behind him.

Agreed..but is Koldrup fit?

Surely he would have played brfore now if he was.

He must be fit, he has been on the bench for a good month now.

I don't know how much is in comment made that he will find 'heading' the ball in the Premiership difficult. Surly he must be able to head a ball out of defence. It may just be a case of doing a bit more in the Prem I would say. So I think this is rubbish to be honest.

Weir is OK if he only has to play once a week, but when games come every 3 or 4 days he isn't able to cope. Time for Kroldrup to be 'blooded' in to Premiership football, as the only way he is going to get up to speed of the Prem is to play.

I was reading on another forum (BBC) that Kroldrup may be having major problems adjusting to both the english lifestyle and Premiership football. They even go as far as saying he is depressed.

I am fu8king depressed!!!

There must be some reason why he has not played up till now. And maybe his head not being right is it.

Has anybody seen much of him for the reserves?

My resoning is this,the point tally will need to be 42-44 mainly becuase sunderland are fucking useless,and they're getting beat by all and sundry.

Agree - everyone (execpt us) will pick up points from Sunderland and the bottom two will not be tight at all.

But the bottom 5 will be tight (excluding sunderland). I feel that 42pts + will be needed to secure our place for next season.

But you never know - if we go down, at least the season tickets will be cheaper!

Guest fozzie22
Agree - everyone (execpt us) will pick up points from Sunderland and the bottom two will not be tight at all.

But the bottom 5 will be tight (excluding sunderland). I feel that 42pts + will be needed to secure our place for next season.

But you never know - if we go down, at least the season tickets will be cheaper!

Not with BK still at the helm,he'll charge more for the privelidge

The annoying thing is that had we won our last two home games and got 6 points, as you would expect to, we would have been in the top ten and looking comfortable.

That should have been the motivation for 2 good battling home wins, but 2 miserable performances have left us looking into the lower leagues, i cant make our Squad out, whats happening to make them roll over and be beaten by some really crap teams...........Its a mystery to me.

I said earlier in the season that the players body language is shit, they look like a beaten team even before the game starts, i also said to prepare yourself for a spell in the lower league. Then i thought just after that, maybe i was being proved wrong cos they went through a spell of 4 wins in 6 matches but they are back to looking like a team thats doomed. I think somethings happened behind the scenes, cos all is not well.

Tighten your seatbelts folks, I'm afraid its Hard times ahead for us.

Before anybody gets on about doom and gloom again, I love this club to bits and will always support them, but i can see that somethings not right, and i'm a worried man.

To be honest it is a fine line in the prem between the clubs in about 5th or 6th position down to about 15th and 16th (generally speaking that is).

There is not a lot in it, to be honest

The fact that we have got so many new player in the squad, had more than our fair share of injuries and bad luck, that squad over achived last year and were not really ready for europe exploits this season have all compounded themselves, and hence had the players confidence drained somewhat, and we didn't manage to bring another striker to the club

The player have shown they can mix it to a certain degree with decent teams, we gave Villareal two decent games, as well as Man U and Chelsea. We have beat the likes of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Bolton and Blackburn.

The players just need to find a little more consistency and confidence against the smaller teams.

I don't care what anybody says we have a better squad now with the likes of Beattie, VDM, Davies, Arteta and Neville (and hopefully Kroldroup when we see him) than we had 12 months ago.

Another decent run like we had before this week and we will find ourselves in the top half of the table. I still think we will make the top 10 by the end of this season, and considering our 3 points from 8 games, rock bottom of the table start we had in the end that will not be a bad season over all.

We will have the chance to bring in another striker or two in January (and with Nugent I hope some pace), we can off load Bent, get Vaughan fit and on the bench.

To be honest it is a fine line in the prem between the clubs in about 5th or 6th position down to about 15th and 16th (generally speaking that is).

There is not a lot in it, to be honest

The fact that we have got so many new player in the squad, had more than our fair share of injuries and bad luck, that squad over achived last  year and were not really ready for europe exploits this season have all compounded themselves, and hence had the players confidence drained somewhat, and we didn't manage to bring another striker to the club

The player have shown they can mix it to a certain degree with decent teams, we gave Villareal two decent games, as well as Man U and Chelsea. We have beat the likes of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Bolton and Blackburn.

The players just need to find a little more consistency and confidence against the smaller teams.

I don't care what anybody says we have a better squad now with the likes of Beattie, VDM, Davies, Arteta and Neville (and hopefully Kroldroup when we see him) than we had 12 months ago.

Another decent run like we had before this week and we will find ourselves in the top half of the table. I still think we will make the top 10 by the end of this season, and considering our 3 points from 8 games, rock bottom of the table start we had in the end that will not be a bad season over all.

We will have the chance to bring in another striker or two in January (and with Nugent I hope some pace), we can off load Bent, get Vaughan fit and on the bench.

A calm voice of reason amidst the panic Rob..I'm with you all the way.

hey everyone,im new to the site,im a big Everton fan and have been all my life,im over in ireland.can anyone put there finger on whats gone wrong?its depressing,whats worse is a lot of my friends are liverpool fan!!i tell ye if we dont pull our socks up we'll all have to keep our friday nights free 'cause next year we'll be in the championship!!what do ye honestly think,will the glory days ever come back to Goodison???

Guest fozzie22

The players have no respect for the manager

The manager seems a little clueless as to what to play and who to play.

We signed unfit and injured players.

We have a dickhead for a chairman.

Oh yes these are happy times at Everton,of course we're better than last season,we where getting our arse kicked every week wernt we?

Simon davies..waste of money,a winger who cant play on the wing,classic signing,

Koldrup,perma injured,great signing

BT,injured and unfit,great signing.

Ahh yes,the class of season 05/06 great stuff :D

Sorry Fozzie, I really have to disagree with you an a lot of your comments;

Why do you say the player have no respect for the manager, I haven't heard anything along these lines, unless you have heard otherwise.

I agree that Moyes may seem he doesn't know who to play or were to play them sometimes, but this is largely down to the fact a lot of the players are new to the club and we have had a lot of injuries I would say. I think the problem is a lack of decent striker partner for Beattie, and pace available. I agree he doesn't know what the best 11 is and how to best play them just yet - But I think it will come. That is the problem with bring so many new faces in at once- but I think we will agree new faces were needed this summer.

Since we have seen Beattie have a good run of games, I think he has been a really good player for us. His work rate have been excellent, and I think when we can get a settled partner for him, the goals will come. He just hasn't had a steady partner to play up front. He did have an unfortunate start to his Goodison career, but I think he is coming good.

I aslo disagree about Davies, I think he is also starting to play well now he is settling in to the club.

VDM, yes we did sign him carrying an injury and after 5 months he still doesn't seem to be ready, we have taken a bit of a risk, but we only played £1.5M.

with regard to Kroldroup well the jury is out until he plays.

We have been unlucky with our injury list this season so far (I surpose it was going to happen with us doing so well on that front last season)

Carsley last game of last season

Pistone and Naysmith before the season starts

Beattie in his first Prem match of the season

Kroldroup before the first match of the season

Vaughan after just a couple of games

Arteta an hour before the game in bucharest

Davies shin splits

Valente as he was just settling in

VDM just as he was getting match fit

Ferrari

Moyes has had all these injuries to contend with as he has been trying to get this new look squad playing together.

I just think you are condemming Moyes a little early - and I think he should get a fair crack at the whip with these players.

I seem to be the positive to counter balance your negative and visa versa - I guess the reality of it is somewhere in between.

I still think we will be a top ten team come May.

i do tend to agree with every post you make rob, but one thing i find (please dont critasize [spelling] me for this fellas) the more i read negative posts the more negative i feel, but if someone makes a good positive point i get filled with hope. god im confused right now!

Guest fozzie22
Sorry Fozzie, I really have to disagree with you an a lot of your comments;

Why do you say the player have no respect for the manager, I haven't heard anything along these lines, unless you have heard otherwise.

I agree that Moyes may seem he doesn't know who to play or were to play them sometimes, but this is largely down to the fact a lot of the players are new to the club and we have had a lot of injuries I would say. I think the problem is a lack of decent striker partner for Beattie, and pace available. I agree he doesn't know what the best 11 is and how to best play them just yet - But I think it will come. That is the problem with bring so many new faces in at once- but I think we will agree new faces were needed this summer.

Since we have seen Beattie have a good run of games, I think he has been a really good player for us. His work rate have been excellent, and I think when we can get a settled partner for him, the goals will come. He just hasn't had a steady partner to play up front. He did have an unfortunate start to his Goodison career, but I think he is coming good.

I aslo disagree about Davies, I think he is also starting to play well now he is settling in to the club.

VDM, yes we did sign him carrying an injury and after 5 months he still doesn't seem to be ready, we have taken a bit of a risk, but we only played £1.5M.

with regard to Kroldroup well the jury is out until he plays.

We have been unlucky with our injury list this season so far (I surpose it was going to happen with us doing so well on that front last season)

Carsley last game of last season

Pistone and Naysmith before the season starts

Beattie in his first Prem match of the season

Kroldroup before the first match of the season

Vaughan after just a couple of games

Arteta an hour before the game in bucharest

Davies shin splits

Valente as he was just settling in

VDM just as he was getting match fit

Ferrari

Moyes has had all these injuries to contend with as he has been trying to get this new look squad playing together.

I just think you are condemming Moyes a little early - and I think he should get a fair crack at the whip with these players.

I seem to be the positive to counter balance your negative and visa versa - I guess the reality of it is somewhere in between.

I still think we will be a top ten team come May.

Fair enough Rob,but you cant tell me that all is well at the club?

BT 4 goals since january,generally unfit,for 6 million quid,thats not good enough.

Valente,not premiership class in my eyes,will make a good wrestler when he retires though.

Davies,done nothing for me,he was bought as a winger but the team has no width,at all.

Pistone,let go and resigned..clearly someone at the club didnt know his or her gameplan,that has to go to DM,granted the injusy was bad luck.

VDM,well its disgraceful that he was signed at all while injured,ok we've seen the odd glimpses of what he or may not be capable of,but if he's a sicknote he's no use to anyone.

Got to agree over the lack of pace,we're just so slow,last season that wasnt a problem,but this....

And i'll say it again DM has been here 4 years come march,spent a hell of a lot of cash and the club is treading water,how much longer can we afford to give him?

If things arent turned round we will be sucked into the relegation battle,and frankly its one at the moment i dont think we can survive.

But this is why i love TT,we can completly different views,but have a sensible discussion about them :D

Edited by fozzie22

BT is nowhere near fit enough to play competitive football and the fact that DM has said that 'he is looking sharper each game' suggests that the coaching staff know that he aint fit enough - but there is simply nobody to compete for his place.

Kroldrup - A mirage, figment of the imagination.

VDM - signed whilst injured as a panic buy. Good player but please, not another tampon (in for week, out for a month).

Naysmith, Pistone - they can both do one anyway

But thats enough about the injuries - the fact is we are not winning the games that we should be. There is no doubt that we have a lot of talent in the team. Neville is good midfield general, Cahill is a superb attacking CM, Arteta - right winger- - -what a find! VDM, the best crosses I've seen for a while at Goodison.

But the lads aren't gelling together properly and for some of them, this season is crucial - they need to hit form to try and get to the world cup - an added incentive to do well this year (no doubt why spurs are putting in the results!)

We are a good team and things will turn around but Moyes has to change his negative tactics and playing style - they wont win us games and we desparetly need to turn over Villa - although I cant see it happening.

Guest fozzie22
VDM - signed whilst injured as a panic buy. Good player but please, not another tampon (in for week, out for a month).

I genuinly laughed out loud at that statement

Good one sir :D