IGNORED

Some Dodgy Cahill Gossip!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=38082

Roma encouraged to bid for Everton's Cahill

tribalfooball.com - May 03, 2007

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill wants a move to Roma.

Corriere dello Sport says intermediaries representing Cahill have made contact with the Giallorossi about a summer switch to Italy.

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti would love to add the Australia international to his midfield, but Cahill's wages may prove a stumbling block.

I would guess is another dodge rumour from a dodge rumour website.

Guest blueboy122

haha w8 is that a flying pig!!! no its just benetiz walkin lol. No this is absoulute bollocks! cahill to italy dont think so he loves it here! Plus why wud roma have a stumbling block over wages hes only on 25k

I don't like the idea of selling Cahill. He may not be as gifted on the ball as other midfielders but he contributes in so many ways. He brings a lot of passion and desire that has been missing in some games this year. For the beginning part of the year he was our best player and best goal scorer. If not for injuries he could have had a remarkable season and I bet no one was ever thinking of selling him in September.

I have to second Joe's take. Cahill is one of my favorite players, not just on this team but in any sport. He's one of those glue guys, players with toughness and smarts who can do all the little things to help a team win, but he also has skills on offense, so that opposing teams have to account for him as a legitimate scoring threat in every match. There aren't many players who demonstrate both of those attributes consistently, but he is one of them. Don't forget that he was nominated for the Ballon D'Or last year, so obviously someone recognized how important he is to this team. The only thing I worry about with him is burnout - between the club season and the national team he hasn't had an offseason in about four years, and I wonder if that was partly to blame for some of the injury problems he had this season.

That's just insane.

On the burnout thing...it may be that an injury time-out (good grief I'm becomming an American :unsure: ) is just what he needs, come back next year fully recharged.

I think that is what we will see. Let him rest for a bit and get back to full strength. His schedule is unbelievable with the amount he plays every year, a little too much if you ask me. Being out injuried could be a good thing come the beginning of next season when he is fresh.

Only realised today the little prick is back in oz.

Dunno how long he has been here, but he popped up on Telly yesterday, saying how excited he was to be going to Sydney FC V Shandong Shanghai ACL match in Sydney 2 night.

Oh & was sprouting the usual, I am hoping to play a big part in Australias Asian nations cup campaign next month.

Only realised today the little prick is back in oz.

Dunno how long he has been here, but he popped up on Telly yesterday, saying how excited he was to be going to Sydney FC V Shandong Shanghai ACL match in Sydney 2 night.

Oh & was sprouting the usual, I am hoping to play a big part in Australias Asian nations cup campaign next month.

Do you not like Cahill then?