IGNORED

Chelsea

Droobie

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Beeb...

With Chelsea on the offensive, Osman carried the ball into the hosts' half and brilliantly delayed his pass until he could pick out Vaughan at the far post, left unmarked to slot past Cech.

Moments later it could have been game over, Cech making a world-class one-handed save to parry Vaughan's acrobatic volley from Arteta's cross.

But just as the visitors seemed to be dominating, up popped Drogba to rescue his side with a leveller.

The lively Wright-Phillips found room down the right and his clever pull-back was met perfectly by Drogba, arcing the ball away from Howard's despairing dive and into the far corner.

With parity restored Chelsea stepped up a gear, Wayne Bridge forcing Howard to save and substitute Ben Sahar drilling a shot straight at the American from 20 yards.

But Everton should have won it at the death, James Beattie's close-range strike crazily ruled offside by a linesman even though it was James McFadden in an offside position and he was nowhere near the ball.

Fuck!

From the Beeb...

With Chelsea on the offensive, Osman carried the ball into the hosts' half and brilliantly delayed his pass until he could pick out Vaughan at the far post, left unmarked to slot past Cech.

Moments later it could have been game over, Cech making a world-class one-handed save to parry Vaughan's acrobatic volley from Arteta's cross.

But just as the visitors seemed to be dominating, up popped Drogba to rescue his side with a leveller.

The lively Wright-Phillips found room down the right and his clever pull-back was met perfectly by Drogba, arcing the ball away from Howard's despairing dive and into the far corner.

With parity restored Chelsea stepped up a gear, Wayne Bridge forcing Howard to save and substitute Ben Sahar drilling a shot straight at the American from 20 yards.

But Everton should have won it at the death, James Beattie's close-range strike crazily ruled offside by a linesman even though it was James McFadden in an offside position and he was nowhere near the ball.

Fuck!

i no it cost me £50 and a great end to a great season.

Fucking linesmen

Sky have a different take on it...

It was Everton who were ultimately unlucky not to claim all three points though, as James McFadden's goal was controversially ruled out for offside after Cech had beaten away Carsley's powerful drive.

Whoever got it (or not) it's cost us half a million quid....thanks ref :angry: .

Edited by MikeO

A point away to Chelsea, have that!! A true showing of how shit hot our season is. Finishing with a positive. Cant believe Beatts got a goal ruled offside!! If it was him. Still that settles it he's got to stay lol :lol:

It would be typical of his season wouldnt it, being robbed of a bit of glory at the end of the season

Aye, but least it was still a bloody good season, think I would have been a little bit disappointed with 7th as 6th sounds so much better :P

So much better celebrating a fine season than drowning the sorrows of a bad one...even the whiskey has made an appearence already :D

Aye, but least it was still a bloody good season, think I would have been a little bit disappointed with 7th as 6th sounds so much better :P

So much better celebrating a fine season than drowning the sorrows of a bad one...even the whiskey has made an appearence already :D

I was more refering to Beattie than the team, I agree 6 th is brilliant

I am with Mike here, we were robbed. guess what I don't fucking care.

I didnt post elsewhere about europe for the simple fact I am a pesimist.

McFadden goal of the month, Fucking well done foe a bufty.

ATB

Mac

I think Vaughn has done ridiculously well, cnsiderin he has been out for so long, as a young player to come in and make such a huge impact is very comendable. I am of the opinon that we could really compete in europe next year, we can give anyone a game on our day, yesturday proved it.

Feel bad for Beatts again, not only does he not score goals, he also stops them from counting!! :lol: