IGNORED

Carsley To Wigan?

nah id wish him all the bet if he wanted to move on. tbh i think its bull though i cant see him missing out on europian football agen by his own choice. unless he knows summit we dont and fernandes and barton are both coming in an with both cahill coming back and hibbert back to fitness with a left back coming in leaves nevile as a mid again. Maybee he see's himself not getting a game :S

nah id wish him all the bet if he wanted to move on. tbh i think its bull though i cant see him missing out on europian football agen by his own choice. unless he knows summit we dont and fernandes and barton are both coming in an with both cahill coming back and hibbert back to fitness with a left back coming in leaves nevile as a mid again. Maybee he see's himself not getting a game :S

Hopefully thats the case, but I think we need numbers

Wigan are a team of hammer throwers who will get relegated next year. Why anyone would leave a team like Everton to join them is beyond me, hardly as if he needs any more money than he already has.

What about the report of Scharner possibly coming back the other way if Carsley goes - would anyone take that switch? I don't know much about him or if he'd fit into our scheme, that's why I'm asking.

We'd have to pay £4million for Scharner. Now £5.5million sounds a lot better for Barton IMO.

I would say it's because Carsley has has such a good season for us,that he's

playing contract extending games with Everton!

He wouldn't leave Everton if we were offering him european football AND a two

year contract,for a couple of years relegation battles with Wigan...on less money!!

He wants TWO years with us......Moyes knows who he's buying this summer and

probably is penny pinching and only wants to give him one!

Hence Carsley proves he's ready to leave if he has to by talking to Wigan!

Of course only Carsley and Moyes really know whats happening.Should we keep

Carsley at all costs?Is he that good?

Really depends on who were buying.I like Carsley,but can he have another season

like the last one.A really good manager doesn't just have to know who to buy,but

also when it's time to sell......like Marcus Bent and Kilbane,ie he got money for

players who needed to go.

I forgot he was out of contract. With that being said if Moyes wants a central midfielder I'd much rather go after Barton, Fernandes or even Reo-Coker, unless Moyes wants to use Scharner as a defender.

Just shows that he's a money hungry bastard as well doesnt it though?

Except he's not. He's one of the few pro footballers who has his priorities sorted and I admire him greatly as a man as well as a player. He'll do what's right for his family and I wish him the best whatever his decision...though I hope he stays.

Except he's not. He's one of the few pro footballers who has his priorities sorted and I admire him greatly as a man as well as a player. He'll do what's right for his family and I wish him the best whatever his decision...though I hope he stays.

What was best for his family a couple of months ago was moving back to the Midlands, which Wigan is not. Conveniently though Wigan are willing to substantially increase his wages whereas we are "only" able to offer him European football :rolleyes:

Letting Carsley go because we are not willing to give him a 2 year deal could be a bit of a mistake iny opinion.

Only two years ago we let Stubbs go, becasue we only offered a 1 year contract. This summer we are offering him another year (so three years more in the end).

2006/07 - finished 6th Carsley played all but 45 mins

2005/06 - we struggled and finished 11th Carsley missed most of the season

2004/05 - 4th Carsley again played most games

Carsley should be offered a better deal until we are sure we can manage without him. Moyes know him as a player who is settled at the club, and we have to think of him as a free transfer if he stays.

also our squad isn't big enough for us to let decent players go, even if we don't feel he would still be a first choice over the next couple of year - at least we know what the back up is capable off.

When aonther club is willing to offer you a two year on possibley more money and Everton are only prepared to offer one year, doesn't show that much loyalty from our side (to a player who has played every game for us this season), so to be honest we should expect any the other way - its not as if all things are equal is it.

Just as anybody says money grabbing of Carsley, its just as much penny pinching from Everton.

I don't think Everton have been bending over backward over the last few year to get him signed up for longer, so he has every right to go to someone else who maybe give him more worth.

So any money grabbing bastard comments etc are well out of order in my opinion.

Guest blueboy122

ruff rob totally agree hit it right on the head. anyway do u really think we wud want paul sharner carsley is twice as good as him. This story is bolloks tbh no way he will go anywere trust me!

I am worried we do not have any better player in the team who can do all the "dirty" job which Carsley did quietly the whole season..An unsung hero for sure.....He deserves 2 years contract....wish him the very best if he chooses to leave us...will miss his dedication and honest work rate on the field...good luck!