IGNORED

Why The Hell

Why are all these Rich people buying clubs in the premiership yet no one is intrested in buying us?

It was only last week that someone was intrested in buying Machester city!!! And they have the 4th worst dept in the premiership.

I dont get it why isnt anyone intrested in buying us? :angry:

Why are all these Rich people buying clubs in the premiership...

To make themselves richer...not out of the goodness of their heart or through love of the club, or even to win trophies. It's to get their hands on a commodity awash with cash that they want to get a share of. A by product of that may or may not be success for the team on the pitch but it's a secondary concern.

Why not us? Don't know really but I'm quite content that they're not.

For a change, I am totally with Mark on this one. Silly Billy has got the toy he wanted, he is now outgrown the toy (or rather the toy has outgrown him). Billy will not let go, it is like the fable of the monkey and the jar. If he is what he says he is, sell up and fuck off, leave the club with dignity and leave a legacy you can be proud of.

ATB

Mac

OK!...Bill sells Everton to some rich yanks.They stick a huge wad of $$'s into a new

stadium.Like the one at Man City,Middlesborough etc....that alone wont make us a better

team!were far better than them and most of the others at the moment!....ok,so then

they set about the business of building a team!Well Moyes hasen't won anything so he

can FUC% off(not my thoughts but probably the yanks or the russians)....Vaughan and

Anichebe are ok but we want a superstar striker...so they can GO too!Stubbs your too

old....goodbye!

At last it takes shape!no local lads.....a stadium just like the rest!......overpriced players

who can't do the job!

Huge wage bill,smaller crowds.......nice toilets though!.......OK you guy's were not making

money were losing it!!!!......stll not winning anything either!

The soul of the club gone...along with the local lads,the promising manager........oh yes

and the yanks!.....and about 10,000 fans.

6th place with Bill,Moyes,Vaughan,Anichebe,stubbs.......soul of the club....but for a couple

of silly dropped points 5th place......signing's on the way.THAT WILL DO FOR ME!

I'd say we have a good chance of catching the rs next season when they try to bed in their

new players!Yes they will have a new stadium before us,GOOD......they will miss anfield more

than any other club has missed a stadium!Couple of defeats and watch the heads drop!

Bill please don't sell us to some rich twats!......Were doing ok!

OK!...Bill sells Everton to some rich yanks.They stick a huge wad of $$'s into a new

stadium.Like the one at Man City,Middlesborough etc....that alone wont make us a better

team!were far better than them and most of the others at the moment!....ok,so then

they set about the business of building a team!Well Moyes hasen't won anything so he

can FUC% off(not my thoughts but probably the yanks or the russians)....Vaughan and

Anichebe are ok but we want a superstar striker...so they can GO too!Stubbs your too

old....goodbye!

At last it takes shape!no local lads.....a stadium just like the rest!......overpriced players

who can't do the job!

Huge wage bill,smaller crowds.......nice toilets though!.......OK you guy's were not making

money were losing it!!!!......stll not winning anything either!

The soul of the club gone...along with the local lads,the promising manager........oh yes

and the yanks!.....and about 10,000 fans.

6th place with Bill,Moyes,Vaughan,Anichebe,stubbs.......soul of the club....but for a couple

of silly dropped points 5th place......signing's on the way.THAT WILL DO FOR ME!

I'd say we have a good chance of catching the rs next season when they try to bed in their

new players!Yes they will have a new stadium before us,GOOD......they will miss anfield more

than any other club has missed a stadium!Couple of defeats and watch the heads drop!

Bill please don't sell us to some rich twats!......Were doing ok!

I hope you remember your post when we can't spend fuck all on new players and have to sell those mentioned above because Bill is fucking skint.

I hope you remember your post when we can't spend fuck all on new players and have to sell those mentioned above because Bill is fucking skint.

Hell I can't remember what I said yesterday!

We took points off Chelsea,Arsenal and took the piss out of the rs!We threw points away

had plenty of injuries and we still finished 6th....all that for a small club!in an old stadium!

under dear old Bill.If we can improve over the next couple of seasons,without selling out

to some freak with a massive ego and wallet I'll be happy.

If we get some of the players being talked about and keep Fernandes,why can't we make

4th place.

Maybe if the RIGHT BUYER came along and Bill sells sure I'll be happy.He's always said when

it's right he will sell for the good of Everton.

The yanks who just bought the rs wanted Aston Villa first!!!.....Wow their really rs fans then!

with all those dollars Sissoko wouldn't have cost them £6million it would have been £9million!

and look how he turned out!!!

I don't see us going backwards at the moment,just the opposite.....keep doing that,and the

right offer will come.

If we spend £10/12million on transfers this summer and the rs spend £35million does that

mean we can't beat them.......NO!......

If we finish 6th......and the rs finish 5th and neither of us win a trophy,with the money each

has spent and their HUGE wage bill....WHICH team do you think is going backwards?

AND WE WILL STILL HAVE OUR SOUL!!!!

Once again, I'm going with Mark. BK is not presenting himself as a true Evertonian, Carter is a true blue, what we need is foreign investors. If you think for one second BK has the clubs best interests at heart, you are sadly mistaken.

In the ideal world we would love to have squillions to spend, but we don't. I like to think of us as an honest decent club.

250, you need to give your head a a shake and wake up boy.

Sorry for posting on T's account.

ATB

Mac

Edited by Tara Mac

One of the reasons you're seeing so much foreign investment is because a lot of Premiership teams are undervalued on the market compared to their actual net worth and their growth (and by extension, profit) potential. It's much cheaper to buy an average EPL team than it is to buy an average NFL or Major League Baseball team, for instance.

So why aren't any of these investors casting their beady little eyes in our direction? Simple economics.

1. We are, much as we hate to admit it, the #2 team in our region, not the alpha dogs

2. We play in an old stadium, with no concrete plans on the table (yet) to replace it

3. We have no bankable international mega-stars that we could use to market our team and increase our global profile

4. We have a debt service to pay off

Add those four things together, and at the moment there just isn't as much untapped growth/profit potential in this club as there is elsewhere. Which means that for a practical businessman who's looking for a commodity that he can buy now at an undervalued price and sell later for a handsome profit, we aren't a attractive investment at this particular moment.

Now once the new stadium is signed, sealed, and delivered (and even more so if we retired the last of our debt at the same time), then I'm willing to bet we'll start hearing about some prospective buyers sniffing around, because a new stadium is a tremendously valuable commodity, and massively increases the growth/profit potential of the team. The common thread in about 90% of these takeovers in the last two years, from Liverpool down to Leicester City, has been that the team involved either just opened a new stadium or expects to get one soon. Of the four factors that I listed, that one seems to be the most important to new investors, with alpha dog status being #2 (the few teams that have been sold lately without new stadiums built or in the works, like Man U and Aston Villa, are clearly the top dogs in their home cities/boroughs). I can't think of any Premiership or League team sold in the last two years that didn't meet one or both of those criteria.

Its always the same ill thought out argument as to why we have not been bought out

BK blah Blah blah

The fact is if a multibillion ten gallon hatted americam wanted to buy Everton there would be nothing he could do about it, look at noocastle, the American is getting resistance from Freddy fat head. Why? becasue fat head wants more money or wants to hang on to his toy (like Kenright you may say)

Look at the prem now. We have the established big boys MAN U, Chelski, Arsenal & RS,

Chelski are in a league of their own, we all know about them

Man U & RS both bought out by people who (and their are topics on this board about is) have publically made it aware their only in it for the money

Then We have West ham, Villa, Noocastle and any othes Ive forgotern about, all being bought and (so you might think) being given millions. However, as we have found out in the past, this spent money has to be accounted for when these "players" move on to the next money making machine and take the money they have supposedly ploughed into the club back out

Maybe its once biten twice shy for me, only time will tell. Personnaly im very happy with what we've got and where we are going.

We are a very stable club on the field and now off the field (new traing facilities not withstanding) Our problems stem from long before BK took over

Yes, weve had our problems and our bad moments off the field, tell me a club who hasnt

Dont be swayed by cheap parlour tricks, smoke and mirrors and dont be so naive as to think our current good fortunes are all one mans doing, but hes in charge.

250, you need to give your head a a shake and wake up boy.

Done that!..........Now what!Still think we seem to be going in the right direction!

Sure more money would be nice,and if it comes it comes.But there's a few rs who

are starting to think that maybe just maybe the YANKS aren't the best thing for them.

Bill doesn't need us!......He could sell and run tomorrow and leave us in the shit!

When and if we drop back to below 10th place,and not as it's starting to look that

we could perhaps be hitting top 6 and above....then I will join the throng wanting

Bill to sell to anyone with money!

Perhaps I'm too easilly pleased.......Moyes starting to get things right,6th place..

....Cahill,Lescott,Arteta,AJ,Vaughan,Anichebe,Howard...maybe Fernandes staying!

Don't know if I want to buy a trophy......Rather try and win one.Next season will tell

us a bit more about Moyes and Bill.......and US!

IMO its all about Stadiums + Reputation, look at Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool are getting a new 1, City, Newcastle, Villa, and Westham.

I maybe wrong but is it just Tottenhams chairman is minted anyway or did they get foreign investment?

If we do get this Stadium, investment will come quick.

IMO its all about Stadiums + Reputation, look at Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool are getting a new 1, City, Newcastle, Villa, and Westham.

I maybe wrong but is it just Tottenhams chairman is minted anyway or did they get foreign investment?

If we do get this Stadium, investment will come quick.

Chelsea's stadium is shite

But Chelsea's a one off case isn't it. Russian billionnaire not interested in making money (though probably laundering some) buys up extremely average regularly promoted/relegated club as a plaything....could have been any one of a number of sides. And the stadium's not that bad.....hugely better than it was since they turned the pitch round anyway, which was a huge development project. Can't have been that long ago, 90's maybe?

abrovimitch was actually on his way to villa but saw chelsea's ground from his helicopter and decieded to buy them instead apprently

MMmmm....Seems everyone and anyone(Russian,American.....richman).....Wants to

buy Aston Villa....is it the Prince William connection!,the central position within the uk!

or those really nice Claret and Blue shirts!!

BKs position is safe for now, he's brought us stability and got us into a position where we are expecting European qualification next year instead of a relegation scrap. That said, he has not invested his own money to get us there and we have no chance of breaking the top 4 without a serious investment. He is making a living off Everton at the moment not bringing anything to the table. I dare say if we had finished in the bottom half of the league this year he would have had to go, Moyes has been his saving grace (Walter Smith's recommendation), he's has kept BK in a job with no money. I personally don't believe Bill will sell in the next five years no matter what and has already rebuffed many potential suitors on the quiet.

BKs position is safe for now, he's brought us stability and got us into a position where we are expecting European qualification next year instead of a relegation scrap. That said, he has not invested his own money to get us there and we have no chance of breaking the top 4 without a serious investment. He is making a living off Everton at the moment not bringing anything to the table. I dare say if we had finished in the bottom half of the league this year he would have had to go, Moyes has been his saving grace (Walter Smith's recommendation), he's has kept BK in a job with no money. I personally don't believe Bill will sell in the next five years no matter what and has already rebuffed many potential suitors on the quiet

So Were doing pretty well then considering we are one of the poor relations!

If Vaughan had got that second goal against Chelsea on the last day,wouldn't that have

given us 5th place(and ended Chelseas unbeaten home record)....and but for some really

stupid last minute goals against we wouldn't have been that far of fourth!

So why with just a tad more luck next season can't we break into the top 4?one or two of

them could have a bad season,what then!!We did it a couple of seasons ago.

Money eventually runs out!!.........followed by fed up investors!!.......followed by glory

hunting fans!!...........THAT'S THREE THINGS WE HAVEN'T GOT.

What have we got?............loyal fans(obviously not glory hunters)probably amongst the

best in the country......A well respected manager(Celtic/Man Utd...were interested)....

...a top 6 team.....an excellent history.....the best new defender in the prem(Lescott)

.....a top striker(AJ)......Someone the rs hate(Cahill.....well makes me happy)....two

of the best young strikers in the country(Vaughan/Anichebe)....really nice music to

run out to(z-cars)...............AND I'VE GOT THIS REALLY NICE BOTTLE OF RED WINE(well

it's nearly empty now.....yep every thing looks ok to me :P )

BKs position is safe for now, he's brought us stability and got us into a position where we are expecting European qualification next year instead of a relegation scrap. That said, he has not invested his own money to get us there and we have no chance of breaking the top 4 without a serious investment. He is making a living off Everton at the moment not bringing anything to the table. I dare say if we had finished in the bottom half of the league this year he would have had to go, Moyes has been his saving grace (Walter Smith's recommendation), he's has kept BK in a job with no money. I personally don't believe Bill will sell in the next five years no matter what and has already rebuffed many potential suitors on the quiet

I think Kenright would be extremely offended by that, hes puplically stated that he has not took a penny out of Everton and he pays his way everywhere

Not neccassaraly you, but I can see why there is all this anti BK brigade

Be very afraid of what you wish for

I think Kenright would be extremely offended by that, hes puplically stated that he has not took a penny out of Everton and he pays his way everywhere

Not neccassaraly you, but I can see why there is all this anti BK brigade

Be very afraid of what you wish for

To be honest Zed, I couldnt give two flying fucks what Kenright thinks of my comments, he's an actor by profession if you want to believe what he says, your choice.

We never going to get any further forward with BK at the helm and for absolute certainty it will become a LOT harder to consolidate with the amount of investment going into the 'tier-two' Premiership teams.

To be honest Zed, I couldnt give two flying fucks what Kenright thinks of my comments, he's an actor by profession if you want to believe what he says, your choice.

We never going to get any further forward with BK at the helm and for absolute certainty it will become a LOT harder to consolidate with the amount of investment going into the 'tier-two' Premiership teams

The last couple of years have seen simular statements ie that we cant move forward,with

Bill and or Moyes in charge of Everton!!...Well last season to me was a step forward.

OK!Maybe in the next couple of seasons were going to see many teams bought by mega

rich attention seekers....say 10 clubs with transfer budgets of £50million.Where are all

these fantastic new talented players coming from?why even Naysmith will cost you £4million

with that much money flying around and players like Kroldrup will head for the prem.

Luckypool have already spent big!another £30million will only buy the another 4 so called

great players!they can turn out like Sissoko :lol:There's always the chance our cost nothing

Vaughan will turn their new £15million center half inside out.etc,etc......

BK brought in Moyes....he in turn has got us away from the bottom end of the prem.He's

built a team that most teams reguard as a massive win if they beat us!So I say lets just

keep the faith in those two....for now!

The last couple of years have seen simular statements ie that we cant move forward,with

Bill and or Moyes in charge of Everton!!...Well last season to me was a step forward.

BK brought in Moyes....he in turn has got us away from the bottom end of the prem.He's

built a team that most teams reguard as a massive win if they beat us!So I say lets just

keep the faith in those two....for now!

He did bring in Moyes yes and it will undoubtebly be written into his legacy as a masterstoke of epic proportion as apose to an unwittingly good punt. This is the same guy who felt the need to appologise to Walter Smith before sacking him. The Armani clad Smith who had us languishing in the relegation zone year in year out and then refused calls for his resignation so he could take his bumper pay off. Following his golden goodbye Bk he asked him for ideas on a replacement, and the rest is history.

I have always said the one good thing Kenwright did was employ Moyes and passively let him get on with it but I think that is the only way bk knows. When we need action, investment, drive to push on - it's nowhere to be seen.

I attribute Everton's success to Moyes dogged determination and ambition to prove himself not Bk's cheerleading from the sideline hoping things keep going well. God help us if we ever reach a point where they don't.

Breaking into the top four oligopoly is impossible now without a huge cash injection or one of those teams going into complete meltdown. We have come as far as we can go, so are we happy drawing the top of our table at 5th spot? Even that will be extremely hard with the likes of Newcastle, Man City and Villa due to invest heavily.

But lets not forget that it was BK who came along and ousted that idiot Johnson who was slowly bleeding the club Dry. Where we would have been today if he had'nt done that God only knows.

I'm sure we wouldnt have had the squad we have now, two seasons out of the last three in Europe with a fourth and a sixth finish in whats arguably the best and hardest league in the world.

Lets give credit where credit is due, and count your blessings that we didnt follow the path of Leeds United.

I agree,that yes he(BK) took a risk in Moyes.....but that's just the same as he did with Smith!

OK Moyes has worked out pretty well.But when he took Walter Smith on,he had won numerous

things with Rangers(I know....it was only Scotish football)so there had to be a chance he could

do something for us.There not much good you can say about the Smith years,and BK did in my

mind give him too long....so we've moved on!

BK maybe a cheerleader on the side lines.....but what do you want? a Russian gangster,some

rich bored yanks(who deep down would rather be watching baceball) or someone who's made

a wad of money out of riping the people of in property deals?they probably wont know a lot

more about football than BK.....But they might want more of a say as to who plays on saturday!

If all you want is money then yes is the answer to the above.But at least BK loves his football

club!!OK love doesn't buy you trophies.....so you think money can!Well yes up to a point!

BUT....Chelsea,Man utd,Arsenal,Man City,Newcastle,Aston Villa,luckypool,then the next prem

team to be bought and the next,etc,etc....well thats going to be a hell of a lot of teams that are

spending mega millions and STILL not winning trophies....there's only a few each season up

for grabs.....so some if not most of them still wont win anything after spending mega millions

of borrowed(perhaps...like the rs) money.

So Barton wants to go to Newcastle because he can pay double the money on offer at Everton,

well Sissoko chose the rs for the same reason....was he playing when we beat them 3-0?

Anyway!....I've just glanced through the rothmans football year book season 2010-11!!

It kinda shows a lot of teams that spent mega $,£'s didn't really win very much over the

last few years....and they weny on to very hard times!

Could happen.....Sure I'd like the RIGHT buyer to invest loads of money into Everton,but soon

were going to end up with every prem team owned by Russians and Yanks,so were then

back where we started,still only a couple of teams winning things,the rest battling it out for

3rd-7th position in the league....then I think you'll find 6th wont be a disaster.

My last thought on this topic!....The future of the game,the future of Everton is unknown.How

can we say what will be in a few years time.Money will probably destroy this wonderful game.

I quite like to watch footage of Francis Lee battling with Norman Hunter in the mud and reading

about Nottingham Forrest winning the league playing only 14 players all season.Times when

Bob Latchford was only earning three times as much a week as the fans who watched him.

Times when if you wore your socks above your knees.....you got whacked pretty hard for

it!!!

Living in the past I hear you say!.........yer well sometimes that looks a bloody lot better

than where were going.It was in the past we won the world cup!

So ok BK felt the need to appologise to Smith before sacking him.....well that's called maners!

sadly lacking these days,and I'm glad the man in charge of my football teams got them.

If next season we finish 15th behind all the teams with money.....then I might just think it's all

about money.I can see us between 4th and 8th place ahead of many teams who will spend

mega millions......That will do for me!

But lets not forget that it was BK who came along and ousted that idiot Johnson who was slowly bleeding the club Dry. Where we would have been today if he had'nt done that God only knows.

I'm sure we wouldnt have had the squad we have now, two seasons out of the last three in Europe with a fourth and a sixth finish in whats arguably the best and hardest league in the world.

Lets give credit where credit is due, and count your blessings that we didnt follow the path of Leeds United.

You're right Licker, he deserves our thanks for saving us and pushing us on but he should know when it's time to let go, that times now.

I think he deserves a certain amount of credit, yet given the platform we have achieved over recent years, we do need to start thinking of the future and looking to bring in more investment so we can stay amongst the top clubs in the premiership.