IGNORED

Jason Koumas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take my hat off to Wigan. They flash the cash about but not a single player wants to go there! I think it will be the same again with Koumas I think. Koumas should take it because he would perhaps be their best player and stand out while playing with teams competing for Europe would show him how average he is.

I can't really understand why everybody is going on about this "could have got him for £2.25M three years ago" business

We used to £2.25M to buy Cahill instead of Koumas at the time, anybody still think we missed the boat signing Koumas now?? If I remember correct that was a summer when all we had was a can of beans to buy players.

Koumas has only gone up £2-3M, and considering this summers transfer market - thats just inflation. So the fact that he has proven in the the last two season that he top championship player means the price is reflective if you ask me, whether its value for money that is a another question. Trouble is not much value for money around so far this summer.

Common sense always prevails rob. Too many see things in isolation, I forgot about the Cahill thing

Even 2 -3 years ago, there were may saying he wasnt worth that much, theres not many who are ever happy what ever happens

I'd like to see him signed up

Edited by Zed

he's still not worth it. there's a lot of bettr players out there than a decent championship player that koumas is

Well lets name them then and we can discuss, you make everything sound so simple

i named a couple earlier in this topic...and as i said at that point when i was challenged i am not a scout. but one thing is for certain 5.5 buys you better players than koumas, you just have to look across the continent...as with arteta

Juan Sebastian Veron £25 mil

Swings and roundabouts

I'll take my hat off to Wigan. They flash the cash about but not a single player wants to go there! I think it will be the same again with Koumas I think. Koumas should take it because he would perhaps be their best player and stand out while playing with teams competing for Europe would show him how average he is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/6748685.stm