IGNORED

With All The Money In Place

Could do a lot worse for 4 million, no?

Our replacement for Garcia.

Will come in good use in those games where we play one up front. Quite versatile, really tricky and knows how to unlock defenses with passing just outside the opponents box. If he steps up with better quality players around him, we'd have a good player in our hands.

Could do a lot worse for 4 million, no?

Our replacement for Garcia.

Will come in good use in those games where we play one up front. Quite versatile, really tricky and knows how to unlock defenses with passing just outside the opponents box. If he steps up with better quality players around him, we'd have a good player in our hands.

You'd surly have to buy the better quality of players too for that to happen??

You'd surly have to buy the better quality of players too for that to happen??

you're so right.

what were we thinking going after the likes of torres, mascherano, and babel when theres alan smith, jason koumas and kieron richardson still available.

looks like we missed out on Phil Jagielka:(, have to console ourselves with a bid for Gabriel Heinze then.

the shame!

Guest once-a-blue!
6 million Bellamy :)

7 million Crouch :)

10 million Kuyt :)

You've Bought big players before and it hasnt worked, what makes you think that your latest ones will. ??? :)

Licker what are you on! If you had quoted Deuf and Cisse I could understand it but Crouch and Kuyt were instrumental in helping Liverpool secure third place and getting to the final of the Champions League! Sorry don't quite know what your on about? All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market. How much of a success was big Dunc second time around. His wage bill could have gone a long way to improving Evertons poor financial position.

Licker what are you on! If you had quoted Deuf and Cisse I could understand it but Crouch and Kuyt were instrumental in helping Liverpool secure third place and getting to the final of the Champions League! Sorry don't quite know what your on about? All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market. How much of a success was big Dunc second time around. His wage bill could have gone a long way to improving Evertons poor financial position.

once a blue.

i've got a funny feeling that you're a fellow koppite pretending to be a blue. which is pretty sad isn't it?

Licker. I don't really think its a case of thinking it. like most things in footy its more 1 part hope and 2 parts faith.

of course its no guarantee, but when the alternatives are buying nobody, sticking with the squad that got nowhere near the title last season, or buying rubbish players for piddling amounts of cash, then you've got to ask what else ae we going to do with the money?

not fishing here, geniune question - who would you buy if you were Liverpool manager?

If the 3 i mentioned where such a success, why has Rafa sold one and replaced the others.

Voronin on a free is a good deal wish we could have got him, but 23 something million for Torres EL Tosser, and another 10 - 12 million for Babel is a smack in the eye for those instrumental strikers, they'll be lucky if they play half a dozen games next season. Lets just hope Stevie la does'nt pick up an injury eh.

Cheers.

PS ...... HAVENT HAD A RED ON HERE FOR MONTHS, SPEND 35 MILLION AND YOUR ALL CRAWLING OUT THE WOODWORK.

If the 3 i mentioned where such a success, why has Rafa sold one and replaced the others.

Voronin on a free is a good deal wish we could have got him, but 23 something million for Torres EL Tosser, and another 10 - 12 million for Babel is a smack in the eye for those instrumental strikers, they'll be lucky if they play half a dozen games next season. Lets just hope Stevie la does'nt pick up an injury eh.

Cheers.

PS ...... HAVENT HAD A RED ON HERE FOR MONTHS, SPEND 35 MILLION AND YOUR ALL CRAWLING OUT THE WOODWORK.

cracking post that.

I answered your question, why dont you answer mine - who do you think liverpool should've signed this season? Obviously not a striker for fear of upsetting Kuyt and Crouch, so who would it be?

cracking post that.

I answered your question, why dont you answer mine - who do you think liverpool should've signed this season? Obviously not a striker for fear of upsetting Kuyt and Crouch, so who would it be?

It's a decent question but I'm gona avoid it also because I don't think it matteres who liverpool sign cos with Rafa in charge they will struggle to be anything more than a cup team with a European tactician. My advice would not be who to buy but who to replace the waiter with??

A team of spanish kids purchased, steve highway resigned at the academy, playing top players out of position and a manager who seems intent on never winning the league.

The futures bright on the dark side of the park, if your a blue!!

cracking post that.

Yeah Johny, dont usually get involved with a discussion with Reds ( except xavier ) cos they usually end up in a slanging match but you seem a level headed bloke so here goes.

IMO you didnt have to buy a striker at all, that was the least of your worries, think you needed someone like Appiah to cover for Gerard and maybe play alongside, also need a winger The guy your after Babel ? is probs ok or you could have gone for Robben.

In fact you could have got all 3 for the price of Torres, I'll lay a friendly wager with you now ............

For the £50 million pounds you've spent on your strikers bellamy, crouch, kuyt, and torres, its still a midfielder Stevie La who finishes top scorer for you, and next season wont be any different. So as i said, lets hope he doesnt pick up an injury, or you will be in for another disappointing season.

Cheers.

Yeah Johny, dont usually get involved with a discussion with Reds ( except xavier ) cos they usually end up in a slanging match but you seem a level headed bloke so here goes.

IMO you didnt have to buy a striker at all, that was the least of your worries, think you needed someone like Appiah to cover for Gerard and maybe play alongside, also need a winger The guy your after Babel ? is probs ok or you could have gone for Robben.

In fact you could have got all 3 for the price of Torres, I'll lay a friendly wager with you now ............

For the £50 million pounds you've spent on your strikers bellamy, crouch, kuyt, and torres, its still a midfielder Stevie La who finishes top scorer for you, and next season wont be any different. So as i said, lets hope he doesnt pick up an injury, or you will be in for another disappointing season.

Cheers.

Licker.

I like a bit of banter, but am not here to seriously wind anyone up or have pointless arguments. I'm nice you see.

Appiah's a very good player from what little I've seen of him, reminded me a bit of Essien. We actually have signed a player in this mould already but it slipped under the radar a bit. Lucas Leiva, the Brazil U20 captain signed earlier in the summer for between £6 - 8m, which is quite a lot of money really! From what I've read and seen on youtube he's a big, powerful, and athletic box to box midfielder who can pass, tackle, and shoot very well. Highly rated in south america and physically is not the typical light-weight south american. Looking forward to seeing him play.

I'm not sure why you think we didn't need strikers with Bellamy, Fowler, Cisse, and Pongolle all leaving, the last three becasue they were not good enough (in fowlers case he was only fit for one match in 4 or 5). Bellmay, depsite what Benitez said at the time, played little after the golf club incident and I always felt his card had been marked.

What we lacked last season more than anything was any kind of attacking dynamic. Our interplay last season in the final third was at best clumsy, and at worst hopless. For all his good work, Kuyt has the touch of a rapist and many moves broke down due to shit first touches or players taking to long and playing predictable balls. What we've got now in Torres and Babel are two players who are happy to recieve the ball at pace and use it at pace also. I'm looking forward a lot to see how the partnership between these two players develops over the next couple of seasons (I've got my fingers crossed for a Pires and Henry type scenario :blink::lol: , well, something better than the Laurel and Hardy we had last season anyway). Voronin is another quick, and skillful player who should improve us in this way also, and at £0 you cant really go wrong. Another benefit of this is it will allow Kuyt and Crouch, when they're used, to play much more as point men and get on the end of things in the box, rather than hanging round the half-way line doing someone elses job. You said they've been replaced, I'll go with 'complimented'. Time will tell.

Brings me to this bet of yours now - Crouch was our top scorer last season despite not being 1st choice for much of the time, and I've got no reason to doubt he'll score as many again, if not more if he's given the time on the pitch. I'll take the bet, although I really wouldn't mind if Gerrard finished top scorer so long as the team as a whole scores more.

Whilst I'm not going to deny that losing Gerrard would be a critical blow to the team, we are at our strongest in central midfield and are at least better equipt to take a hit there than anywhere else. Carragher would, IMO, be a much bigger loss to the team overall. This, however, is really a moot point until he does actually get injured - at the moment he's fit and healthy.

Obviously I'm well awaire that all the above has a healthy dose of red spin to it and some will probably feel it's bollocks. Feel free to pick it to pieces, a second opinion is rarely unhealthy so long as its an honest opinion. :)

No probs mate we encourage footy fans of all teams as long as they behave themselves, and we can have a decent discussion.

Not going to pick anything to pieces cos thats how you see it, and you are better informed than i am on the Reds, my brother is a red but i cant talk to him about footy cos he always goes off on one.

I'd like to see this lucas lieva, cos i cant say ive heard anything about him and did'nt even know you'd signed him, is £8 m a fair price for a 20 year old unknown.??

How do you see your first eleven for the opening Game, a bit of a change with all the Newcomers or will they be introduced slowly, and how do you think you will get on this coming season any chance of breaking the monopoly of the top two.

Thats enough for now my beds calling. ;)

Cheers.

PS .... was talking about league goals. Think 8 or 9 of the Crouch goals where against mickey mouse teams in the early Euro games, not sure how many league goals he scored, but Gerrard always gets quite a few.