IGNORED

Everton Eyeing Villarreal's Riquelme

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DM has mentioned no names, or numbers

It was on sky sports mate, the interviewer said: youve been recently linked with manny, lucho and yakubu. Is there any truth in the rumours.

Moyes said: It wouldnt be fair to comment about other clubs players but there the sort we are looking to bring in.

Thats not exactly what he said but it was somthing like that .

exactly, as i said if you read my post.

DM has not mentioned any names or numbers.

the jounalist mentioned some quality players names who we have been linked with in the press. no manager would turn around and say "no, we are after a much lower quality"

at the momment its still all speculation, im not saying its not true, but all this going round like its fact.

the only one close to having any substance to it is the manny one, due to benfica making a statement

you must be mad, at Villareal he proved he can make a poor team class. He's up there with the best midfielders in the world but its never going to happen.

they were never poor, they had a handful of good players, and they're spanish it's a completely different ball game here, and IMO veron before he came showed more than riquelme has in terms of an all round game

you must be mad, at Villareal he proved he can make a poor team class. He's up there with the best midfielders in the world but its never going to happen.

Nope not mad just realistic.

He is "skillfull" no questioning, but being skillfull doesn't make you one of the "best midfielders in the world". You need an all round game to be that, cue Ronaldinho.

Nope not mad just realistic.

He is "skillfull" no questioning, but being skillfull doesn't make you one of the "best midfielders in the world". You need an all round game to be that, cue Ronaldinho.

he's not just skillfull, he can't alf pass a ball, got a belta freekick, can cross, is one of the most skillfull players there is now, composure,can shoot from close range and far,

Ronaldinho is a class player but he's very overrated imo.

Villareal arnt a very good team either tho Craccer, forlan + maybe Gonzalo Rodriguez who is say wer in the good/verygood section.

when they were good they had the likes of senna, venta, sorin, tacchinardi on the bench, arruabarrena.... they were a good side and tbh riquelme wasn't even the main man in their team...senna was the heart of villareal

and ronaldinho is in a different league to riquelme, do u think riquelme could keep pace in the premiership? i don't he needs time and space which he wont get. not strong either he's just a technical player, need more than that to play here

when they were good they had the likes of senna, venta, sorin, tacchinardi on the bench, arruabarrena.... they were a good side and tbh riquelme wasn't even the main man in their team...senna was the heart of villareal

and ronaldinho is in a different league to riquelme, do u think riquelme could keep pace in the premiership? i don't he needs time and space which he wont get. not strong either he's just a technical player, need more than that to play here

Id say senna aswell was a good player, but he aint near Riquelme's class, I can understand he may not be the same player in the premiership because he does like time on the ball but he is stronger than he looks he's no faggat, a bit like Manny IMO.

Edited by Blue4Ever

If i had my way, which i dont, this topic would be scrapped. It is clear that Riquelme will not be signed if Moyes is keen on Fernandes and when you could choose between a 21 year old with his best years ahead of him, and a 28 year old who although world class would demand a lot heavier wages, i know i would choose manny every time.

I can see him going to Boca Juniors very soon so lets cut this one now.

But i suppose we can still dream of a Arteta, Manny, Cahill, Fernandes, Riquelme midfield. Now that would be special.

And you want we spend all of em to 1 player tranfers and his wage. Please no , tell me i understood you wrong?

:huh:

When did i say i want to spend it on 1 player? Alls i said is apparently we have 20mil to spend. So were do you get that from??

But i suppose we can still dream of a Arteta, Manny, Cahill, Fernandes, Riquelme midfield. Now that would be special.

:o :o Manuel Fernandes playing in two positions at once. :D

But thats the whole point what is making that midfield so special. :lol: j/k

yer it was a mistake but do you have to be so critical about it. You could have just said "you put fernandes twice". But here on toffeetalk everyone likes to have a good laugh at one another and then think about how perfect they are.

Bloody hell that's a bit touchy. No offence intended, just having a bit of a laff....would have done the same for anyone (and expected nothing less if I'd made the mistake). In the traditional words of TT...harden the fuck up!

Edited by MikeO

Guest blueboy122

Jay Bernard Lighten Up!! Christ! Are you gonna complain of peer preasure and bullying!

Anyway back onto the topic of football (tough game jay maybe not for you try cricket or polo) i think riquelme although a quality player and i dont think he cud cut the mustard in the premiership i think it would be too phisical and fast for him but in any other league the lad is quality much rather have fernandes who is young and cut it in the prem as we have seen and i belive he can be one of the greatest players in prem history