IGNORED

Everton Eyeing Villarreal's Riquelme

tribalfooball.com - July 16, 2007

Everton have expressed interest in Villarreal midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme.

Riquelme is being made available by Villarreal and enjoyed an outstanding Copa America with Argentina.

The Daily Star Sunday says Everton boss Dave Moyes is considering a move for the midfield schemer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""Riquelme is being made available by Villarreal and enjoyed an outstanding Copa America with Argentina"".

That puts us out of the running then.

Once other clubs hear that he's available, we wont stand a chance.

outstanding? hmmmm he was decent ... terribly badly last night...big stage against a weaker brazil team and he and his team failed to perform and got battered

i don't want riquelme here anyway ... i don't think the english game would suit him

This roumour won't go away will it.

Personally, I think he is a truly outstanding footballer -

Although, heard he has an attitude problem -

Villareal are not going to want to loan him out to another Spainish side, so I would think a go in the Prem would not be a bad idea- Everton may not be to bad a club for him for a 6 -12month loan- European football, couple of other Argies living local, apparently he likes the club and supporters after our tie with Villareal. Would a top 4 team want to have him on loan? Maybe not.

Would he be a hit at Prem level - who knows, but I tell you one thing he is such a talented player he is the type would could just as easily be PFA Player of the season as be a flop. He is the type of player who could easily be the player that makes the difference between lifting the UEFA cup or not.

Riquelme on loan - I would f8cking jump at the chance.

Very little finaical risk with a loan player, and WHAT a player he is

We can live in hope.

i agree he wasn't great last night but this guy has it all.

Someone also says his game wouldn't suit the premiership , well i would totally disagree with that, class players can play in any league and he is a truly class player. Mentioned somewhere that if Moyes wants to play 4-5-1 then Riquelme would fit perfectly into that system in my opinion.

All this said dont think we will see him at Goodison well not in the blue anyway.

i agree, he's a truly oustanding footballer (who happened to under perform, like his colleagues, last night) IF we could get him it would, on face value be a magnificent signing. And i totally agree with RuffRob, he could be sensationally good or sensationally bad........to be honest.........i'd take the risk.

Having said that, like licker points out, we've shown our hand to the world so watch some shite team out bid us........i'll keep dreaming though :D

it won't happen nor do i want it to ... for 2 reasons

1. i'd lose a 10er

2. i don't think he'll cut it in the prem... and too much money for a uefa campaign when we need several other positions over him

You dont want us to get a rated international player so you dont lose a tenner, nice.......

Anyway on the Riquelme issue I dont see it happening, just paper talks like the rest of the shite spouted about IMO. Quality player though, can be a bit hit and miss but would jump at the chance of having him playing for the Blues.

Would be absolutely fantastic, if this fella wont cut it in the prem then i'l eat my hat.

Type of player we need to bring in to firstly progress, and to extend our european campaign.

Av read he likes to be the bigger fish in a 'small' pond so we cud be in with a real chance for him ahead of the big 4.

Ad also win a 10er so come on moyesy.

lads are ye having a laugh?dont get me wrong i love everton always hve and always will and i'll always fly the company flag but here amounst fellow evertonians i feel i can be frank.....a player of richelme quality is so far out of our grasp we might as well be trying to sign ronaldinho...i hope im wrong he's world class and if we got him it would be a huge step in the right direction but alas its only a dream!

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, I watched the copa america....my comments are still the same.

lol fair enough mate - we all are entitled to are own opinion.

Im glad the Riqulme rumour is false, i think its too much for Everton to buy a 29year old - When you could have manny with prem experience and only 22. Or even Lucho who is 3 years younger than Riqulme.