IGNORED

Scotland Road?

I know they own the site, but they are not just going to give it to us are they.

As I said its easy to see why tesco's are willing to actually give Everton money to build a new stadium and bend over backwards to help us out moneywise - It is in their interest at Kirby. Very transparent and straight forward to me.

Bestway - Own a small site - that will just about fit a stadium etc on it, what is their involvment.

All I can think of is that they will get a decent price for their site.

I just don't understand Bestway's proposal unless they are hoping to make a few quid directly out of Everton football club with the sale or lease of thier site.

Any answer please.

Bestway give the land to LCC in exchange for a different plot of land to build a shiney new warehouse and LCC sell us the land & sort out the planning permission to build on it, it's relativly straight forward realy. As for the magical 50mil from tesco that is a commercial investement i.e they help Everton to afford the stadium and in exchange the land & planning issues previously a major problem open up to them allowing them to build another superstore.

I think alot of people are getting confused over bestway because the situation is unlike the kirkby one, in kirkby the land is directly owned by the council so it's simple whereas the bestway warehouse is currently on the land at scottie. This however has very little to do with us LCC & bestway are working together on a relocation plan and if LCC have said the land is ours should we want it then it is ours!

BESTWAY ARE NOT THE COMMERCIAL PARTNER FOR THE LOOP SITE AND WOULD NOT BE PUTTING MONEY INTO OUR STADIUM THEY ARE IN THIS TO GET AN ASSISTED RELOCATION AND POSSIBLE GRANT MONEY FROM LCC.

So in effect - all we are saying is that there is a piece of land that may be available for us to buy. No partners, finacial assistance or other soild development etc on board. (This is sort of what I have suspected)

Just Bestways tring to broker themselves another site instead of Scotland Rd. I've got the feeling they have seen Everton wanting to move as a ideal opptunity to try an get themselves a better plot of land and ditch Scotland Rd. They have latch on to a group of Everton fans who don't want to leave the city - and come up with a half baked proposal.

To me doesn't sound as if their is much insentive for Everton finacially in this proposal, so to that end doesn't sound like anywhere near a viable option. Just playing on the fact the land is in the city - and we can buy it of them if we like (Emm that's good of them)

Kirby is a very true and viable option, that is likley to be delivered in 3-4 years.

Scotland Rd - Is a pie in the sky, spanner in the works option that will never happen.

I think anybody can see though that once any rose tinted glasses have been taken off.

These two options are at least a £100M apart finacially for Everton, if not more.

So much talk of the Scotland Rd site is incorretly painting a pitcure of another viable option.

I dont know if you are familiar with the Area Rob cos your profile says Location unknown and age Unknown, but the piece of land that Bestway sits on has always been the Stumbling block for the Area in regards to re-developing, the site is difficult to get onto (only one access road) and nobody has been willing to share with Bestway or the surroundig area which has been in a poor state for many years.

LCC sees this as a chance to eradicate that piece of land that nobody wants, a Stadium come Hotel complex would use it all in one swoop, (10 acres as opposed to 7 acres at Goodison) and then its the surrounding areas which have been held back by that piece of wasteland that are the next stage for re-developement in the City

Its no different than Knowsley wanting EFC to re-generate KIRKY and Bestway is no different from Tesco's wanting a nice new Supermarket.

As regards to the Finances and investments, we wont know how much or how many want to invest until, or if ever this offer is accepted, but you can bet your wages that any investment at all will be worth 3 times more in the City than it will be out in the Sticks, and just the naming rights alone would bring more than what Tesco's are offering.

But dont Panic, as i've said in another post, i think the Kirkby deal is already sorted does'nt matter how the Vote goes, in fact the reason they put it to the Supporters is that when it all goes wrong, they can turn around and say well you voted for it and its what you wanted.

If thats your view that's up to you and it is exactly what the board were hoping for by signing the exclusivity agreement. Any other options are 18 months behind the kirkby deal because nobody at the club bothered their fat arses to do this properly.

The Scotland road site or any other site near town would generate more commercial investement than Kirkby, more sponsorship / naming rights & once built command a higher revenue stream for the remainder of it's life span!

just seen the two pictures on icliverpool, i like that a lot.

i think the kirkby design is very good, but i believe this would really stand out. i look forward to more details.

looking at the design made me think about parking under the stadium and that the lower maybe 5 floors of the hotel could maybe be retail/shopping centre/leisure. just a few things that came to mind

I havnt realy followed all the other options , just realy looked at the actuall kirkby site. So im sorry if my question sounds realy dumb.

Why wouldnt tesco still suport us if it was scotland rd and not kirkby. (or any other site in liverpool for that matter) Why will they only support us on the kirkby site?

I think Kieth Wyness wants to see Everton with a half empty stadium which isnt in the city center because he seems persistent to move to Kirkby and not listen to what ever other people say. Has he even seen any of the plans himself na hes to busy sucking up to Tesco and people with money. I may be proven wrong but i say we will move to Kirkby but i support good old Scotty Road