IGNORED

Young Players Are Only Motivated By Money!

Luq101

After a close Friend of mine was around a Championship player during pre-season, my mate said this player was more concerned about the cash/cars he was getting and hardly talked about the game. It is a shame that young guys seem to be footballers, only for the cash, not for the love of the game. Sad really!

Think it's a bit rough to tar them all with the same brush. They're individuals, some motivated by materialism (eg Smith), some with their priorities sorted (eg Baines), same as in any profession.

i don't think smith was or is a money grabber in the slightest

but it is sad that a lot of them are motivated by moeny these days, but it is unfair to put them all in the same category

it is very hard to knock back then somone is waving that amount of cash in front of ya i bet you would find it very hard to turn it down to

Honestly, if I had good reason to, I would! But the discussion is that money should not be the primary objective of a young footballer.

Honestly, if I had good reason to, I would! But the discussion is that money should not be the primary objective of a young footballer.

Why not? Signing one contract could set the lad and his family up for life, it's not always about buying fast cars, sometimes people do have morals (doubtful in the world today but you know).