IGNORED

Midfielder

Matt Taylor at around 6m would be the best bet. Would fit well into the team and provide us with a true left sided player.

Would like Nolan as well as when Tim isn't around - we are lightweight in attacking central midfield.

6 for Taylor, 5 for Nolan both would be great additions.

Jason

I think 5 million could prise Diarra away from chelsea, he's class would be a way better signing than Nolan, Taylors a good left winger but people only think he's good on the basis he scores screamers, he's actually not that good all round.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is with Diarra, and I do like him don't get me wrong, is that he's another defensive midfielder. We're crying out for more creativity.

Yes we do need creativity but this lads to good to let chelsea waste him. he can pass a ball and would be more creative than most our other midfielders, Osman is a good creative play but everything else about his game isnt good enough imo.

We need a box to box 'viera esq' midfielder - fernandes fitted the bill as does appiah in my opinion. Diop can do it to a point but ???s over fitness. Diarra is a good young player and could grow into the mould. Nolan is more attacking but coming from bolton is a battler.

We still need a left-mid player though - mcfadden and osman aren't the answer - not seen piennar have a good run-out but he looked good vs wigan - VDM has had enough chances!!!

Taylor would be awesome! And I still think Joe Cole is a ridiculuos link!!! - would be delighted to eat my words though!!!

It's supposed to be getting announced tonight. What a come down eh? A quality young midfielder to a 31 year old has been.

Fernandes was a huge talent but weve lost him, before Graveson went he was our best player and against England not to long back he bossed the game and they won us, thats with Gerrard Lampard Cole etc... come on he's not a has been if he can play like he did before he left us then weve got a decent signing.

Fernandes was a huge talent but weve lost him, before Graveson went he was our best player and against England not to long back he bossed the game and they won us, thats with Gerrard Lampard Cole etc... come on he's not a has been if he can play like he did before he left us then weve got a decent signing.

He played well for us for 6 months in the whole time he was with us. He hasn't played well since then. He's 31 so he's not going to get better. Has been.

Its confirmed he has signed on loan but thats all the Everton website have to say. Come on i mean hes not that bad maybe hes bringing Graverson in until January because then he has more time to look at players. If he can do as good as he did for Everton before he left for Madrid then i would be buzzin.

Edited by Josh Berno