IGNORED

Leeds United.

not a leeds fan, but i do think it would be great if they won the league

I think most people that even vaguely remember Don Revie's team of the late 60's & 70s holds some sort of respect for Leeds (Bremner, Lorimer, Clarke, Eddie Gray, Joe Jordan, Yorath, Giles, and the list goes on).

Their fans on the other hand. Well, thats a different matter.

I think most people that even vaguely remember Don Revie's team of the late 60's & 70s holds some sort of respect for Leeds...

..respect eh? Let me think.....er...

...contempt....hatred....dislike....opprobrium....nauseation (not sure if that's a real word :lol: )....but respect? Can't remember any of that (and I remember the team very well).

..respect eh? Let me think.....er...

...contempt....hatred....dislike....opprobrium....nauseation (not sure if that's a real word :lol: )....but respect? Can't remember any of that (and I remember the team very well).

Well I only vaguely remember so perhaps therein lies the difference. When youre young you have different perceptions, you being older possibly saw a truer picture.

Prob late 70s but I used to like Tony Currie alot too.

Tony Currie was a good player, but that was a bit later like you say. Leeds under Revie were arrogant, vicious, boring and completely devoid of any entertainment. One of the happiest (non Everton related) footballing memories I have is of them being dumped out of the FA Cup by Colchester. My dad would turn in his grave if I ever said anything nice about them. Having said that I've nothing against them nowadays, but they were nasty bastards back then!

• 1 year later...

A new low for Leeds, dumped by Histon.

But this is quite funny (and true)....anyone hear it?

ITV had to apologise after football fans commandeered a pitchside microphone and began singing offensive chants which were heard on live television.

A group in the crowd were heard chanting "ITV are f****** s***" during live coverage of Histon's clash with Leeds.

It is thought some Leeds fans leaned over the hoardings at the side of the pitch and removed a microphone into the crowd.

An ITV spokesman said: "Unfortunately during the live broadcast of the FA Cup match one of the pitchside microphones was removed from its position by some fans and taken into the crowd where it picked up some swearing."

A new low for Leeds, dumped by Histon.

But this is quite funny (and true)....anyone hear it?

ITV had to apologise after football fans commandeered a pitchside microphone and began singing offensive chants which were heard on live television.

A group in the crowd were heard chanting "ITV are f****** s***" during live coverage of Histon's clash with Leeds.

It is thought some Leeds fans leaned over the hoardings at the side of the pitch and removed a microphone into the crowd.

An ITV spokesman said: "Unfortunately during the live broadcast of the FA Cup match one of the pitchside microphones was removed from its position by some fans and taken into the crowd where it picked up some swearing."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16VJT4XCZSk

NSFW btw.