IGNORED

Suggestions For Broken Car Cd

Zed

I have a ford with a 6 CD car Stereo, recently the battery was disconnected and I had to ento the security code

After I did this, the radio only works and the CD has balls up

Any recomendation as to where I can get it fixed (NOT FORD as they are robbing bastards

I think Stevo works in the car trade

Thanks in advance

Is it an indash cd changer or one you stick in the boot or under the seat?

If it's in dash you could probably buy one and fit it yourself for just the cost of the cd changer.

Bit more complicated for the ones that go in the boot or under the seat

I originally purchased a 6 cd changer for my polo on ebya, I installed it and it didn't work. The seller was a bit of an arse and I sold it on ebay as broken (made a loss of around £60 !).

I bought a new sony dab radio on some random site for £130 (it was £350 in Argos!) and fitted it myself, it's fantastic. The bee sting aerial was a bit of a pain to install as I had to take the panel off the roof whilst I fed the cable through but it was well worth it.

zed - whilst you have got the radio code you can try a little automotive reverse psychology. disconnect your battery again, leave for about 3mins then re-conect it. then enter your code as usual. may clear down the fault codes in the memory (or in the cars bsi if it has one)

mike - if you email me some time tomorrow i can find out a spot on price for you (stephenbracken@peugeotmail.co.uk)

chances are that the wiring for the changer will be there (its cheaper at the factory to put the wiring in every vehicle than to take the time to put it just in the ones that will use it, same goes for fog lamps too) you would probably just need the changer, plug it in and hey presto. if you can get me the last 8 digits of your VIN number i can tell you pretty much anything you need to know about your pug

zed - whilst you have got the radio code you can try a little automotive reverse psychology. disconnect your battery again, leave for about 3mins then re-conect it. then enter your code as usual. may clear down the fault codes in the memory (or in the cars bsi if it has one)

Thanks, thats a good suggestion, i,ll give it a go

Thanks for that StevO....think I'll pass for the mo :unsure: . Fortunately I took your advice and sat down before looking at the price....my wife may stop laughing one day soon :) .

you'd be suprisd how often i have to tell people to sit down.

the best part of the job is when young lads come in with their little fit birds wanting to buy fancy toys for their motors, then i gladly let them know they cant afford what there after. que disappointment and fast being dumped coz they cant put their birds shane ward cd on coz the fancy electrics make the cd player stupid prices.

no problem mate. there is only one thing more temperamental than car electrics. (no guessing please)

most of the time its best to just try a few things and see what happens, i guarantee if it happens again it will be a different nonsence procedure that fixes the thing.

happy to help mate