IGNORED

Another England Post!

Just a thought about the England team/manager/complete English game!

Sorry!.....it's not a history lesson, hang in!

World cup final 1966!.........Alan Ball(Blackpool)....many say the best player on the pitch.At that time bit of an unknown, certainly not rich....everything to play for, including pretty near the top......ENGLAND!

Bobby Moore, respected captain, not a superstar though.Probably earn't 3 times a week more than those hammers fans.Still needed to do well for his career, again not rich, pride in that shirt and England!.....1960's England so they tell me "HAD ENGLISH FANS ACTUALLY WANTING ENGLAND TO WIN GAMES......AND NOT FINDING IT FUNNY WHEN THEY LOST"....

In fact all of the players/squad were probably not rich superstars, wanting to better themselves

not forever on the FRONT page of papers....their wives as big a names as themselves!!

Mrs Hurst?.......What did she look like?

The manager was repected back then!.....how many of our superstars could give a shit about Mclaren!

Didn't qualify for the European Championship!...never mind, world cruise, buy another villa in the south of France.....maybe a couple more houses for the future, rip a few mugs off with some high rent!

Gerrard, Lampard and co!....on their day great players!....But too fucking rich.

Who will be the first £150,000 A WEEK!....Premiership player.

The premiership is the best league in the world....at what cost?Arsenal are fantastic, but probably only one English player.

Say your Rooney, Walcott, Gerrard......£20million plus in the bank....row of houses, the best of everything, Home, cars and fame.....insentive for a rainy night against opponents who have pride in their country and a desire to win!!.......UUrrmmm!

Probably way of the mark as to the real reason were crap....but whats your theory

I'd quite happily get rid off all the superstarts in the league and get back to the fundimentals of football, let all the lazy £100,000 a week tossers go play in Italy & Spain.

YEH!......Let's just give them all loads more money that should solve the problem!Gerrard and Lampard would probably play better.....when there not watching the pennies!

And let's get the ex Chelsea superstar manager in on a £10million a year contract, that will

help.

Fair point but not as simple as that really. The team in the equivalent England disaster against Poland in 1973 was..

1 Peter Shilton

2 Paul Madeley

3 Emlyn Hughes

4 Colin Bell

5 Roy McFarland

6 Norman Hunter

7 Tony Currie

8 Micky Channon

9 Martin Chivers off 85'

10 Allan Clarke

11 Martin Peters ©

12 Kevin Hector on 85'

No over-paid prima donnas there....Sir Alf was still the manager, Peters much respected captain and I've no idea who any of them were married to.

I have no explanation as to why good players can play so poorly. I'm still expecting to wake up any minute but it's getting less likely now :) .

The 66 squad were a different class player to that lot, possibly only Shilton and Peters anywhere near world class in 73.

This present squad has more world class players in it which is why everybody is so disappointed, we havent achieved like we should have, its the best squad of players we've had since 66. A chance to go written down indelibly in history was spurned because the over Payed under achieving Superstars are not hungry enough. Simple as.

Too many Big heads with too much money and not enough skill.

i dont know if its possible, but i think they need to stop paying the players when they go with England. its not like they need the money, they should be there out of the pride of representing their country, money should not be a factor

I might be wrong but i dont think they get paid by their country, i heard on the TV today that in the near future they are thinking about bringing it in. Just get Travelling and hotels paid for by the FA, and a bonus if they win any trophies. I think.

I might be wrong but i dont think they get paid by their country, i heard on the TV today that in the near future they are thinking about bringing it in. Just get Travelling and hotels paid for by the FA, and a bonus if they win any trophies. I think.

WHAT!...Just gets better and better, travlling expences!!......Oh well at least the FA wont be waisting any money when it comes to winning trophies.

Bill they defo get paid, they get bonus's for how well they do in the comps, and there was a recent issue where the womens team dont get paid enough to cover their bills.

just done a google search, the women got £1400 for five weeks of the world cup. (source; bbc sport)

The current match fees are £1,500 for a win, £1,000 per draw and £750 for a defeat. (source: daily mail)

Thanks Steve, was listening to the David Davis interview on SKY sports news, missed a few bits and obviously got the wrong end of the stick, i saw that about the Bonus on the news last night.

I think they are on about introducing a match fee no matter what the result, or how far they advance in comps.