IGNORED

Capello Confirmed

Fabio Capello has been confirmed as the new England manager after the details of his contract were finalised with the Football Association.

The Italian signed a four-and-a-half year deal - reportedly worth £6m a year, with an opt out after 2010.

Capello's backroom staff will consist of Franco Baldini, Italo Galbiati, Franco Tancredi and Massimo Neri.

Capello will discuss with Trevor Brooking how to integrate an English presence into the coaching set-up.

I think that Capello is the right choice. The sucess he has will be now down to how the players respond to him. At least it can't be any worse than the mclown era.

I think that someone like shearer should be invloved to some level. I can see him as a decent manager in a few years. If he can start getting used to the management side of international football then possibly could be a future candidate.

Neverless i am very pleased with Capello, i think hes a much better choice that jose. He is a good club manager but has to many connctions (possitive and negative) with england players to make a real impact on the team. He had previously said (while in charge of chelsea) that the thought the the england team should be built around Lampard.

Good luck Capello, your going to need it!!!

P.S- this is funny

Edited by jamiemaher85

Still undecided tbh.

Some things do concern me though. Like the fact he has a lot of public feuds with his players and some even said he sabotaged the club. Also McLaren got a lot of stick for playing boring football and tbh Capello isn't really renowned for playing the most attractive football ever, and thats why r.madrid controversially sacked him. It may be good for the first few months when this public in fighting is new but it may soon get repetative and even get some of the players to retire from the team cos of him. Boban said that Capello done it on purpose to get a reaction out of a player but its all fine the next day as Capello is then nice to you again but what with it being a national team then he's might not get that chance to be nice to them again for a couple of months.

Madrid sacked him because they wanted a puppet, which Schuster was going to be since he had no experience in doing things "his way". The fans wanted Capello to stay even though his preferred style of football was the more defensive Italian style. In the closing weeks of the season there was very little actual coaching Capello was impressing upon the players; what had happened was that the younger players had spurred the older players into playing better football and so Capello just managed that until they won the league.

Also, in terms of man management, and feuds etc.... well, he certainly got the best our of Beckham after dropping him. Even if he admitted he shouldn't have left him out, it was clear that being dropped spurred him on to such good form.

...In the closing weeks of the season there was very little actual coaching Capello was impressing upon the players; what had happened was that the younger players had spurred the older players into playing better football and so Capello just managed that until they won the league.

The league was won by Real Madrid in the final stages of the year and were 2nd pretty much the whole year. So your saying that Capello shouldn't get the credit for winning it and the youngsters should?

But he didn't drop Beckham to get the best out of him, in fact he stated that Beckham would never play for Madrid again. But with injuries and the team under a lot of pressure he gave in and gave him a run out (although he said the way Beckham was very professional and tried hard in training, even though at one point he was training on his own and with the youngsters). Don't forget Capello fluked that league winning on results against Barca as both were level on points, and a lot of fans do believe it was Beckham's form that made them win it (although he didn't play that many games the English media led people to believe at the time) but that says more about Beckham than Capello imo.

the team won the league, capello was the manager, he deserves just as much credit as anyone else.

the public fued thing - would you prefere him to be nice and gentle with these prima donnas? if he gets this team winning matches playing boring football, who gives a shit! a win is still a win!

Yeah he was the manager and he should get the credit but just think it was very strange he got sacked straight away.

And I've stated on a different thread that I wanted someone to challenge the big ego but when players claim he sabotaged the club alarm bells start ringing, I mean sabatage is such a strong word. And I agree, I'd prefer us to win ugly than lose beautifully.

There is nothing strange about Real Madrid sacking a successful manager. They do it on a whim, at times, and always have.

And you missed my point; the youngsters took up the charge in the final weeks after Capello had purged the squad and directed the players into consistent, league-winning form.

And you don't fluke a league. That's like saying Man Utd has fluked most of their Prems via late goals.