IGNORED

Dan Gosling

Hey Guys, Argyle Fan here.

Anything like £1/2 Million for Dan Gosling is very good money for us, he's hardly made the bench for us this year and when he has come on, doesn't look as good as he did last season. Obviously that's down to match fitness etc i know, but why does Moyes see him as 'Straight Away' first team material?

I've also heard that he'll sign for closer to £2 Million than £1 Million.

He hasn't played many games for us really, and most of his games have been been wide right. He doesn't posess great pace, and therefore has not really excelled in this position. His best position is seen as a more defensive central midfielder. He is composed on the ball, rarely loses posession and he does read the game very well. He recently played in the England under 19's championships, and against Braxil he was tasked with keeping the Brazil danger man at bay, and he marked him out of the game. England went on to win the game.

I believe he has great potential, some Argyle fans do not, but the general consensus is that he hasn't played a lot of games for us, we will not really miss him because of this, and 1million is a lot of money down here. So we will take the money and run!!!

Hope he turns out to be star for you

Couldn't of put it better myself, i hope he turns out to be a great player for you!

To the toffees: Do you see him going right into your first team? David Moyes apparently said that he sees him as 'first team material' almost straight away! I think this might be a little soon for him though!

Can't see him being a first teamer straight away.

We do have a few games at the moment this half of the season with still being in all the cups so you never know might get some run outs in the early rounds of the FA Cup (if win over the weekend that is)

DOn't know much about him apart from rated highly.

Hi Green people, any realistic possibility of you guys staying in the play-offs til the end of the season (and then winning them)? Live in Devon myself and I'd be bloody delighted to see you do it, specially to have an Everton game locally :D .

Louis strikes again btw!

he doesn't have a chance to make the first team, let's be realistic.... he's first team material like lukas was, as in he'll train with the first team perhaps and play for the reserves...for the time being, i imagine he'll be a long way down the pecking order.

no disrespect to plymouth, but if he can't play for them, he won't get a game for us.

from what i've seen and from what i've heard sounds and looks like a quality prospect, i know chelsea were after him, so he can't be shite.

if he were to sign i'd expect him to be groomed more as a right back, with us going for a bit more experience for defensive mid. although he's one for the future, with carsleys age i fancy us to be looking for a replacement for him soon. wouldn't be surprised if we did make an approach for diarra on loan.

Edited by CraccerC

if he were to sign i'd expect him to be groomed more as a right back, with us going for a bit more experience for defensive mid. although he's one for the future, with carsleys age i fancy us to be looking for a replacement for him soon. wouldn't be surprised if we did make an approach for diarra on loan.

If that come off and a view to a permanent deal id be chuffed.

Everton have agreed a deal with Plymouth Argyle for the transfer of Dan Gosling.

The 17-year old has come through the ranks at Home Park and has made 24 first team appearances after making his début aged just 16.

Right-sided Gosling can play both in defence and midfield and has been involved with the England under 17 and under 18 sides.

Blues boss David Moyes said: "He is one for the future."

Everton have agreed a deal with Plymouth Argyle for the transfer of Dan Gosling.

The 17-year old has come through the ranks at Home Park and has made 24 first team appearances after making his début aged just 16.

Right-sided Gosling can play both in defence and midfield and has been involved with the England under 17 and under 18 sides.

Blues boss David Moyes said: "He is one for the future."

Article continues below

The move for the youngster, who has two senior goals to his name, is expected to be completed later this week.

It would represent the second deal involving the two sides in the last few days, after Lukas Jutkiewicz went on loan to the south coast outfit on Monday.

The deal for Gosling is expected to mirror that for Jutkiewicz, with both youngsters sure to be important squad members in the years to come and the new arrival certain to feature for the reserves this term.