IGNORED

Big Sam

It was me who said he should start at Hartlepool OR somewhere just to get some experiece, as if you didnt know and Surprise surprise you've picked up on it. Any job in the premier these days is a massive undertaking, Newcastle is even bigger than most others and if Keegan, Bobby Robson, and Big Sam Just to name a few cant make a go of it what makes you think that Shearer can.

Maybe you should apply for it yourself you seem to know a lot more than anybody else on here, so you keep telling us in great detail anyway.

It was me who said he should start at Hartlepool OR somewhere just get some experiece, as if you didnt know and Surprise surprise you've picked up on it. Any job in the premier these days is a massive undertaking, Newcastle is even bigger than most others and if Keegan, Bobby Robson, and Big Sam Just to name a few cant make a go of it what makes you think that Shearer can.

Maybe you should apply for it yourself you seem to know a lot more than anybody else on here, so you keep telling us anyway.

yes I know it was you, after all it was your post that I quoted? can't be bothered getting involved in another argument as you're obviously looking for one. I made a fair point and I posted because I disagree with you, everything I said I 100% believe - it just so happens I don't agree with a lot of what you say and I'm sure the feeling is 100% likewise, it's nothing personal so why the bitterness? Not to rile you anymore, but I actually thought Keegan and Robson did make a go of it, certainly Keegan.

Moyes is being linked with the job, with the bookies anyway. Why wouldn't Newcastle approach him? The fact that he's got us where we are is reason enough. Like I said before though, I doubt Moyes would even speak to them.

I would assume that Moyes must be one of the most higly sought after managers in the league, outside of the top 2-4 managers (Wenger, Ferguson and probably Benitez - also Ramos due to his success in Spain) due to the way he has built a young and ever improving Everton team. I can't see him going anywhere yet and when he does, I think it will be a big club.

""Maybe you should apply for it yourself you seem to know a lot more than anybody else on here, so you keep telling us in great detail anyway""

why did i make that comment ?? READ YOUR OWN POST. its the sound of the trumpet you keep blowing that is deafening me, and after a while it grates on my nerves. Its not good for a person of my advanced years.

carlmc25

oh well, I suppose if the definition of idiot is someone who graduated top of his year from University with the only first class degree awarded on his course then that must be me. But let's just explore the facts and my tactical nouse when it comes to the Everton team... since I've been on this forum

I've met great opposition about how Everton should go back to 451, with virtually everyone saying it was a step backwards - I was right

I've met great opposition about how Vaughan wouldn't start in some game or other because it was absurd to even suggest it - I was right

I said Yakubu was a good player and would be a good signing when loads of people were saying he's a lazy bum and not what we need - I was right (although I did say he wouldn't be able to play up front on his own, I hold my hands up for that one)

I said Carsley was one of the best DM's in the league when playing in a 451 (before we went back to 451) against much opposition - I was right

I said Roy Keane was doing a very poor job and is lucky to still be in it - I was right

I said AJ isn't really quite good enough and should be sold if we get a really good offer (I will be right )

I said Phil Neville should play at RB as he's better than Jags - I was right

The only thing I can really think of being off the mark on was Gravesen, he's been a bit letdown.

so to be perfectly honest, I may not exactly be Captain Popular and I may not write in bad english or swear at people, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm an idiot - but I'm sure you'll educate me. I look forward to it. After all, this is for the thinking man's evertonian.

Take the hint and stop boring the pants of everybody.

""Maybe you should apply for it yourself you seem to know a lot more than anybody else on here, so you keep telling us in great detail anyway""

why did i make that comment ?? READ YOUR OWN POST. its the sound of the trumpet you keep blowing that is deafening me, and after a while it grates on my nerves. Its not good for a person of my advanced years.

carlmc25

oh well, I suppose if the definition of idiot is someone who graduated top of his year from University with the only first class degree awarded on his course then that must be me. But let's just explore the facts and my tactical nouse when it comes to the Everton team... since I've been on this forum

I've met great opposition about how Everton should go back to 451, with virtually everyone saying it was a step backwards - I was right

I've met great opposition about how Vaughan wouldn't start in some game or other because it was absurd to even suggest it - I was right

I said Yakubu was a good player and would be a good signing when loads of people were saying he's a lazy bum and not what we need - I was right (although I did say he wouldn't be able to play up front on his own, I hold my hands up for that one)

I said Carsley was one of the best DM's in the league when playing in a 451 (before we went back to 451) against much opposition - I was right

I said Roy Keane was doing a very poor job and is lucky to still be in it - I was right

I said AJ isn't really quite good enough and should be sold if we get a really good offer (I will be right )

I said Phil Neville should play at RB as he's better than Jags - I was right

The only thing I can really think of being off the mark on was Gravesen, he's been a bit letdown.

so to be perfectly honest, I may not exactly be Captain Popular and I may not write in bad english or swear at people, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm an idiot - but I'm sure you'll educate me. I look forward to it. After all, this is for the thinking man's evertonian.

Take the hint and stop boring the pants of everybody.

look I get it, you hate me. Can we move on because I've got better things to do like talk about football rather than get personal with people I've never met.

edit: I only blew my own trumpet as I was getting flak left right and centre and people calling me an idiot, I just wanted to defend myself.

Edited by carlmc25

The problem with Shearer is that i don;t think he will be able to bring in the right players to sort them out. I agree that getting some lower league experience would really benifit him. I think that when Ince makes the step up to premiership manager he will do a really good job and will have hugely benifited from his expereince.

If Shearer gets the job then good luck to him, but i can see him going back to MOTD as a full-time pundit within a year or so. The Newcastle job is one of the hardest in the prem purely because of the expectaion from the fans. If he takes the position he will probably loose some of his hero status, which would be a real shame. I think that for shearer its not the first job he should take, he needs to cut his teeth somewhere then he can take the step-up to challenge.

Nah, they wont try for Moyes, cos they know he wouldnt leave, look at the Shape Were in, havnt done so well in years,

And who ever said about Sam signing Avergage Players, did u not notice that the players you listed,they where the Players we were Interested in? Fool.

Would any1 take Martins for 13Mil(His buyout clause)?

Get fucked Jacko. Moyes made it clear he wudnt sign Barton and Smith + I wud call a person who gets jailed and who plays for Newcastle and who show his arse to us a shit nobed! All that abar Barton and Smith was just the press wantin to make up boloks they like to do that often!

EDIT: Jamie well done for bakin me up sure your not the only one!

Edited by Josh Berno

The problem with Shearer is that i don;t think he will be able to bring in the right players to sort them out. I agree that getting some lower league experience would really benifit him. I think that when Ince makes the step up to premiership manager he will do a really good job and will have hugely benifited from his expereince.

If Shearer gets the job then good luck to him, but i can see him going back to MOTD as a full-time pundit within a year or so. The Newcastle job is one of the hardest in the prem purely because of the expectaion from the fans. If he takes the position he will probably loose some of his hero status, which would be a real shame. I think that for shearer its not the first job he should take, he needs to cut his teeth somewhere then he can take the step-up to challenge.

I understand the logic, but imo you're either a good manager or you're not. Lots of managers look good in the lower leagues or with the lesser teams (Peter Taylor, Mike Walker, Neil Warnock) but then they can't handle it when you need more than motivational skills - like an eye for a player and tactical nous. Obviously some managers have come through - Moyes, O'Neill, but by the same token some managers have gone straight into high profile jobs and done well - Dalgliesh, Keegan, Paisley. I think you either have it or you don't - I can't see a guy like Alan Shearer, probably on a big wage with the bbc taking a wage cut to go and manage a team like Hartlepool. I can't imagine Shearer ever managing a small club, he's too big for that.

Moyes is being linked with the job, with the bookies anyway. Why wouldn't Newcastle approach him? The fact that he's got us where we are is reason enough. Like I said before though, I doubt Moyes would even speak to them.

Bill Kenwright has rubbished rumours that David Moyes could be lined up to replace Sam Allardyce as Newcastle United manager.

The Scot is currently a 33/1 outsider to move to St James’ Park from Everton but whispers had grown that Moyes could be in Magpies owner Mike Ashley’s sights.

The Toffees boss has not always enjoyed the full support of the Blue half of Merseyside since arriving at the club in March 2002 but is the fifth longest serving manager in English football and his stock is currently sky high with Everton impressing in Europe and the top flight.

Toffees chairman Kenwright has always been fully supportive of Moyes though, most notably at the start of the 2003-2004 and 2005-2006 seasons when Everton started poorly, and has laughed off suggestions that his manager could be a target for The Magpies.

Kenwright has had his mind put at rest following a conversation with Ashley in which the Newcastle owner assured his Everton counterpart he had no intention of targeting the Scot.

I just don't think he would be ready for the hot seat yet. He should get invovled in the back rooms at a club like newcastle and then make the step-up. And besides i don't think he was any of his certificates or coaching licences yet. If he was that intent on going in to management he would have done his training by now. But this is all down to personal opinion so i guess we'll just agree to disagree. Big Al is the only one who can prove us wrong. I think he will get the job, but i think that like may before him he will fail.

I just don't think he would be ready for the hot seat yet. He should get invovled in the back rooms at a club like newcastle and then make the step-up. And besides i don't think he was any of his certificates or coaching licences yet. If he was that intent on going in to management he would have done his training by now. But this is all down to personal opinion so i guess we'll just agree to disagree. Big Al is the only one who can prove us wrong. I think he will get the job, but i think that like may before him he will fail.

I agree that we may see him involved as assistant coach or something first, possibly in the England/Newcastle set-up - that would seem the logical step. I doubt any manager of Newcastle would welcome having Shearer in the backroom though, waiting to take over if there's a few bad results!