IGNORED

Favourite Old School Game

jamiemaher85

Thought I'd start a random one here as i played my old Sega MasterSystem and SNES the other day and remembered some of my old school favourites.

Mario Kart is an obvious choice, but Earthworm Jim was also awesome on the SNES.

However my favourite game from my childhood was Gainground on the Master System. Was still so good to play.

Whats everyone else's old school faves?

Not school but work. Did some research (in the early days when software was on cassettes) on the practicality of high speed recording of the computer signal reliably onto analogue tape. It's an impossibility to copy exactly (can only have instantanious change of amplitude, ie a square wave, on a digital medium) :D .

Anyway had to buy a game at one point for some reason, got Manic Miner on Commodore 64. ADDICTED :P .

Berzerk - my all-time favorite arcade game

Discs of Tron - my second-favorite arcade game of all time

Empire Strikes Back (Atari 2600) - nostalgia aside, most 2600 games just aren't that much fun nowadays, but this is one of the few that I would definitely still fire up and play once in a while

Legacy of the Ancients (Commodore 64) - still one of the best computer RPGs I've ever played

Ice Hockey (NES) - once we got good at this we used to spend hours playing tournaments against each other

In 1976 I rode into London on my moped (FS1E for any of my era :P ) and got one of the original ping/pong machines. There was a special offer on at Hamleys, they were £29.95 :) . To put that into perspective when I left school and started working the next year my first wage was £28 a week.

earth worm jim was awesome. i liked echo the dolphin strangely, and sonic

zelda was the best though probably

Never been able to get into the game personally, its just not my cup of tea, all my mates used to rant and rave about it but i couldnt stand the game.

Mike0 u were living it large in the olden days, spending a weeks wages on ping pong machine.:o

Old skool games

Marbles - NEver played

British bulldog- LEgendary!!!

Postmans knock - never played, but have played 'see how many pints of milk you can steal from a milk float in one go'

Man hunt - LEgendary

Tic - ??

HIDEO -LOL

and one for mike and licker

Stick and hoop - LMAO u old bastards :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...