112 replies to this topic

#41 jofanon

jofanon

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 10:50

I'm not overly impressed with this one, as far as i'm concerned its just another body on the wage bill that will figure about as many times as Vander Meyde. And what a slap in the face for Vaughan. :huh:

Don't think its a slap in the face for Vaughany. We need more than 2 strikers at the club.

Competition doesn't mean that Moyes doesn't rate the kid. He is still very young though and is injury prone. I think if you were to ask DM on the quiet he would say that James Vaughan has the most ability of ALL the strikers in the club.

#42 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 10:53

Don't think its a slap in the face for Vaughany. We need more than 2 strikers at the club.

Competition doesn't mean that Moyes doesn't rate the kid. He is still very young though and is injury prone. I think if you were to ask DM on the quiet he would say that James Vaughan has the most ability of ALL the strikers in the club.

Vaughan's time will come. He's still very young, and injury prone so I can't see how he would be annoyed at the signing of Louis Saha. He'll probably know that he's not going to be the first-choice striker any time soon and he accepts that. He's still a very good player and one for the future.

Sadly to me this reeks of a desperate signing..now i grant you we need players but..Saha.. :huh: the mind boggles..

Oh and new here so hi there

Welcome ;)

#43 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,496 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 10:54

What was the point in selling Johnson to bring in an injury prone part timer. Vaughan and Annichebe are better than this.

#44 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 10:57

What was the point in selling Johnson to bring in an injury prone part timer. Vaughan and Annichebe are better than this.

United have been heavily linked with Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov and could now make a move for the Bulgaria international before the transfer window closes. But United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said on Thursday that he did not know whether the deal would happen. "I am less optimistic today than recent days. I have no idea what is going to happen," said Ferguson.

Was on one of the football sites looking at the Saha news and saw that ^ Will Berbatov ever go to Manchester United?

#45 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 10:59

Becuase meybe the club needed the money?

I've got no other ideas as to why AJ was sold other than that

#46 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:02

Andy Johnson was sold because he was finding it harder and harder to hit the net, he was finding it hard to challenge for the first-striker role and because he was being out-played by Yakubu and at times Vaughan.

In my opinion Andy Johnson was a fantastic signing at first and his début against Watford coulden't of gone better but he lacked that finishing touch, he lacked that edge and soon his days were numbered and it was sooner rather than later that he would be in a new kit.

#47 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:03

Becuase meybe the club needed the money?

I've got no other ideas as to why AJ was sold other than that

aj wanted to leave, moyes came out and said that. no point having a player round if they want to leave

#48 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:05

Because an injury prone part timer is a better player than Johnson has become.
Agreed though, I would almost say Vaughan is, maybe will, be a better player than Saha.

#49 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:18

Because an injury prone part timer is a better player than Johnson has become.
Agreed though, I would almost say Vaughan is, maybe will, be a better player than Saha.

Saha is a good player, he may be injured a lot but when fit he's in a different league to AJ. If he can stay injury free then he'll be an excellent signing, as long as he OR Vaughan is fit we'll be fine, especially once Cahill is back.

#50 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:22

Johnson was an injury prone part timer last season and is proving it again this season, whether he wanted to go is another issue. Players are like a box of chocolates....etc

I was expecting a few more high profile signings though after Moyes comments regarding top players

#51 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:28

Saha is a good player, he may be injured a lot but when fit he's in a different league to AJ. If he can stay injury free then he'll be an excellent signing, as long as he OR Vaughan is fit we'll be fine, especially once Cahill is back.

If he can stay fit for us then yes good signing

But the facts are 86 games for united since 2004

#52 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:30

Saha is a great player on his day trouble is that day was five years ago. I'm surprised that we have taken him as his work ethic is poor and he is, as most say, injury prone. I trust we haven't bust the bank for him, no more than say two million would be enough for a VDM play mate

#53 The Regulator

The Regulator

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:40

shocked at some of the crap people are talking baout saha....

yes he is injury prone, and yes that could be problematic given that we have a few injured players, but there's a slight difference to saha and VDM, because when saha is fit he's class, and will get the goals, we've got vaughan and anichebe to back up the yak on the occasions when he's not available or simply not firing, and so far the yak has got 2 in 2 games. Plus if Saha is fit, i agree with the idea of partnering him up front, and running arteta cahill osman and a DM in midfield.

End of the day Moyes was clearly fighting an uphill battle this transfer window, and i was delighted to see that we had signed anyone, let alone 3 players, 2 of which have good track records.

I hate people being pessimistic about new signings, you have no idea how they'll turn out, yes it could be that moyes made a huge mistake saha never comes off injury and we end up wasting money on a player that will barely play.

On the other hand, Saha could stay fit all season, net 20 goals and get us european football for another year.

You don't know anymore than I do all you can do is assume, based on his history, and I'm looking at it, and when he was fit he fired off his fair share of shots so why moan about it? end of the day i'm sure moyes is making the best of a bad situation and this considering the lack of activity isn't a bad signing...

yes i would love to see moutinho or M'Bia join, yes i would love it if he added 2 or 3 midfielders to the ranks and actually gave us a solid starting team every week, but we only just lost to blackburn and we took 3 points from west brom, and this is with a bench full of youngsters and 2 on the field, so why wouldn't adding a solid DM, CF and RB bee beneficial to us?

personally the only downside is if it turns out there all completely shat pank, but i doubt it, moyes isn't an idiot.....

#54 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:44

yes he is injury prone, and yes that could be problematic given that we have a few injured players, but there's a slight difference to saha and VDM, because when saha is fit he's class, and will get the goals, we've got vaughan and anichebe to back up the yak on the occasions when he's not available or simply not firing, and so far the yak has got 2 in 2 games. Plus if Saha is fit, i agree with the idea of partnering him up front, and running arteta cahill osman and a DM in midfield.

End of the day Moyes was clearly fighting an uphill battle this transfer window, and i was delighted to see that we had signed anyone, let alone 3 players, 2 of which have good track records.

I hate people being pessimistic about new signings, you have no idea how they'll turn out, yes it could be that moyes made a huge mistake saha never comes off injury and we end up wasting money on a player that will barely play.

On the other hand, Saha could stay fit all season, net 20 goals and get us european football for another year.

You don't know anymore than I do all you can do is assume, based on his history, and I'm looking at it, and when he was fit he fired off his fair share of shots so why moan about it? end of the day i'm sure moyes is making the best of a bad situation and this considering the lack of activity isn't a bad signing...

yes i would love to see moutinho or M'Bia join, yes i would love it if he added 2 or 3 midfielders to the ranks and actually gave us a solid starting team every week, but we only just lost to blackburn and we took 3 points from west brom, and this is with a bench full of youngsters and 2 on the field, so why wouldn't adding a solid DM, CF and RB bee beneficial to us?

personally the only downside is if it turns out there all completely shat pank, but i doubt it, moyes isn't an idiot.....

good post, Andy Gray didn't have the best injury record when we signed him, he was supposedly past his best as well, he did ok. VDM likes his booze, the guy just isn't mentally there - Saha is an excellent player with a lot of talent. Even if he only plays 15 - 20 games this season that'll do me, I'd rather he played 15-20 games, Vaughan played 15-20 games than AJ play 40 - plus we've made a healthy profit in return and give the youngsters chance to improve and get some games. If Vaughan is fit then he's ready to play, he's already better than AJ. Saha has some height, we needed it.

#55 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:44

When ever is VDM fit, please tell me. Saha does have a poor work rate, always has had hence he does not meet what I believe to be Moyes criteria. Everyone on this board wants the best for our club and I don't think this guy is and I bet many Utd fans feel happy at his departure

#56 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:49

Moyes got us from relegation fighter's into European Cup Challengers. As a club we owe a lot to David Moyes. He's brought in small players (at the time) like Tim Cahill and Joleon Lescott who have turned out to be some of our best players. Take Mikel Arteta, not many of use had even heard of him nevermind seen him play, we sign him for pennies and all of a sudden he's our best player and the whole fanbase love him.

Moyes has done well in the Transfer Market. Finding gems from the lower leagues and making them into class Premiership players. He's managed to move us foreward each season, I can't think of many bad signings he's made. Valente, Baines, Howard, Jagielka, Yobo, Neville. They've all been good players for us and it was Moyes that spotted them.

If we think about all the success that Moyes has had in the Transfer Market then I see no reason why Louis Saha can't be another excellent signing, along with Jacobsen and Castello. I know we all have our opinions and some people just don't like Saha, I didn't like Neville when he first came and now I think he's an excellent captain, but I know some people think that Neville is a joke. I'm just saying that we are all entitled to our opinion, but as we haven't seen Saha in an Everton shirt yet we should look at Moyes Transfer Record and think positive.

#57 linglong

linglong

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:54

Please dont tell me VDM still has ANY supporters left who think he'll ever play anything like he was once capable?

He is a wastrel of the highest order and by far and away the clubs worst signing in recent memory,indeed a leech who should have been sacked a long time..becuase simply put...if we did what he does at work (i.e fuck all) WE'D be sacked..its shameful that the club hasnt the backbone to get rid of him

#58 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 11:57

Moyes got us from relegation fighter's into European Cup Challengers. As a club we owe a lot to David Moyes. He's brought in small players (at the time) like Tim Cahill and Joleon Lescott who have turned out to be some of our best players. Take Mikel Arteta, not many of use had even heard of him nevermind seen him play, we sign him for pennies and all of a sudden he's our best player and the whole fanbase love him.

Moyes has done well in the Transfer Market. Finding gems from the lower leagues and making them into class Premiership players. He's managed to move us foreward each season, I can't think of many bad signings he's made. Valente, Baines, Howard, Jagielka, Yobo, Neville. They've all been good players for us and it was Moyes that spotted them.

If we think about all the success that Moyes has had in the Transfer Market then I see no reason why Louis Saha can't be another excellent signing, along with Jacobsen and Castello. I know we all have our opinions and some people just don't like Saha, I didn't like Neville when he first came and now I think he's an excellent captain, but I know some people think that Neville is a joke. I'm just saying that we are all entitled to our opinion, but as we haven't seen Saha in an Everton shirt yet we should look at Moyes Transfer Record and think positive.

well said. moyes has done wonders for the club, and hopefully can bring even more over the next few years

#59 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,496 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 12:00

The Regulator said ........... yes he is injury prone, and yes that could be problematic given that we have a few injured players, but there's a slight difference to saha and VDM, because when saha is fit he's class.

No difference at all to VDM cos when he was fit he was a brilliant player, and there are still a few deluded people around here who still think he will get fit again and become like a "New Signing" for us. :D

Saha is the same, he's had two years of inactivity just happy collecting his big pay packet and wollowing in the glory of Man Us last 3 seasons. He's had too much of an easy time, and at 30 years old and injury prone its too much to ask for him to start working his socks off to get back up to top standard, and for probably half the wages.

While we are on the subject why has DM changed the policy of offering only one year contracts to 30 year olds if he offers a 2 year deal with the option of a further year to this fella, why was Carsley allowed to leave and not offered the same. ?

#60 Rupert_Fuffeinsmuir III

Rupert_Fuffeinsmuir III

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 12:03

See that Milner has gone to Villa, and Citeh have signed Zabaleta from Espanyol. I'm getting a bit concerned now that our immediate rivals are signing players with arguable experience and pedigree whereas we have to resort to taking cheap or free 'punts'
Saha is such a gamble given his injury record. He is a decent player no doubt , but I don't expect we have paid any sizeable amount for him, which again begs the question of how much if any money, in net terms, Moyes has available. There is only so much he can do with his hands tied before the financial muscle of other sides has an affect.

Edited by Rupert_Fuffeinsmuir III, 29 Aug 2008 - 12:05.

#61 The Regulator

The Regulator

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 12:05

When ever is VDM fit, please tell me. Saha does have a poor work rate, always has had hence he does not meet what I believe to be Moyes criteria. Everyone on this board wants the best for our club and I don't think this guy is and I bet many Utd fans feel happy at his departure

I'm sure they do because he's barely played, thats the point. He's been an injury prone player, but this came well out of left field, which says either moyes is desperate and clutching at straws or hes done this under the table secured a good fee for a player who is great when on form. Like people have said moyes brings out the best in players, and theres plenty in the squad you don't expect to hold their own at prem level but they do, yes saha won't get us a champs league spot and be the best striker in the world, hell be one who will play between 10-20 games and get goals in over half, that's something we need.

Vaughan is a telnted yougn striker who we can feature in some of the games, anichebe is in teh same bracket, and the yak will start most of are games. What this says to me is moyes wants the yak to stay on form and knows he needs relief up front, so expect saha (again if fit) to feature in carling and uefa cup matches prominently as well as matches against less threatening sides, or maybe more threatening sides considering his goal record against the bigger teams, in the prem.

I don't give a shit if van der meyde spent all his time on the bench, i have faith in moyes because he is one of the best managers in the EPL, and will bring everton through this difficult period. If he believes saha will help, i trust him. Everton have seen rougher times and worse signings than this so lets try and make the most of it instead of just bitch about his appearance total.

#62 cruz

cruz

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 12:09

What a frustrating day (Summer), firstly Saha's to sign and now we have bloody Liege in the UEFA cup! I really hope I'am proven wrong with him but this is a player who cant make the United 11, mainly through injuries!! He his 30 years of age and will sign for two years, I feel utterly flabbergasted! After all we sold Mcfadden for 5 mill and Johnson for 10.5 mill, It doesn't take a genius to work out that we have funds, but where are they? All the players we have signed have been on loan or undisclosed fees, which mean bugger all! Kenwright not long back talked of speaking with Moyes and agreed with his choices of target players (sky interview), well I think the only reason why he did agree was that the players so far meant he would not need to write out a big fat cheque! I say, 'Kenwright we know you have funds available, help Moyes and prove you love the club'! We need a quality wing player and fast. Sorry for the rant, a very frustrated Everton fan at the moment.

#63 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 12:21

What a frustrating day (Summer), firstly Saha's to sign and now we have bloody Liege in the UEFA cup! I really hope I'am proven wrong with him but this is a player who cant make the United 11, mainly through injuries!! He his 30 years of age and will sign for two years, I feel utterly flabbergasted! After all we sold Mcfadden for 5 mill and Johnson for 10.5 mill, It doesn't take a genius to work out that we have funds, but where are they? All the players we have signed have been on loan or undisclosed fees, which mean bugger all! Kenwright not long back talked of speaking with Moyes and agreed with his choices of target players (sky interview), well I think the only reason why he did agree was that the players so far meant he would not need to write out a big fat cheque! I say, 'Kenwright we know you have funds available, help Moyes and prove you love the club'! We need a quality wing player and fast. Sorry for the rant, a very frustrated Everton fan at the moment.

I would have liked Shaun Wright-Phillips at the club, but his wages were just too high. I too can't understand where all the funds are going but I think we have to remember about wages. If we would have beaten Manchester City to Shaun (which was unlikely anyway) we would have had to have paid 80kpw, which is money that I feel could be used elsewhere. I think we should let Moyes use his scouting talent to try and snap up a cheap-upcoming star from the lower leagues. We need a quick winger but surely once Pienaar's fit he will fit the gap?

#64 Foxon

Foxon

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 13:24

i was well suprised when i saw this, in his first couple of matches for united he got a few, and hes a great player, wounder how much we spent tho :/, good signing tho to me looks like ancihebes going to north end on load because we have got 2 strikers in now.

Edited by Foxon, 29 Aug 2008 - 13:24.

#65 LexKing

LexKing

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 13:27

Louis Saha? Pay for Him? OMFG. I think this guy is just overrated overpaid player who spends most of the season in hospital :( . I need to pray he proves me wrong. Last season i have doubts about spending 12M£ for Yak, He has proved doubts wrong, love him now. Hopefully Saha can do it also. But can lightning hit same place twice? I Dont think so

#66 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,175 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 14:06

No the best signing we could have made but not theworst under the current situation.

I actually feel fuck all at this signing tbh.

#67 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 14:23

No the best signing we could have made but not theworst under the current situation.

I actually feel fuck all at this signing tbh.

606 Evertonians are saying that DM has told Radio Merseyside that we have signed him on a free (surprise surprise :lol: ) I would expect that we have paid his contract up at Utd or similar.

The last time we made a signing of a player like this it was VDM and just look at the drain on our resources he turned out to be, we can't give him away and I understand DM can't stand the sight of the bone idle bastard round the club.

To the guy who said 'I don't give a shit about VDM's injuries, I do as should all other hard working blues as he is drawing nearly £1 mil pa from us

Edited by Jimmy the blue, 29 Aug 2008 - 14:24.

#68 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 14:30

Moyes explained that the Frenchman's pedigree was one of the main reasons for his impending arrival.

He told evertonTV: "It looks like we are going to bring Louis here. We are getting him for no cost just now which gives us a great chance to get him here.

#69 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 14:36

606 Evertonians are saying that DM has told Radio Merseyside that we have signed him on a free (surprise surprise :lol: ) I would expect that we have paid his contract up at Utd or similar.

The last time we made a signing of a player like this it was VDM and just look at the drain on our resources he turned out to be, we can't give him away and I understand DM can't stand the sight of the bone idle bastard round the club.

To the guy who said 'I don't give a shit about VDM's injuries, I do as should all other hard working blues as he is drawing nearly £1 mil pa from us

big deal, Chelsea lost about £16m on SWP, we bought VDM on a free - it was a limited gamble which failed, some work, some don't, he has hardly broken the bank has he? Moyes transfer dealings have in the main been exceptional, yet people still doubt him. I remember loads of people on here moaning about Yakubu and how lazy he is etc how he was no way worth the money and a joke, then he comes in and is the best striker we've had in years. Moyes knows what he's doing, if Saha is a failure then so what - better to have a free transfer failure than Per Kroldrup. The bottom line is he's been signed as experienced cover, he is excellent at leading the line, he is strong, good in the air, quick - he has all the attributes.

#70 Foxon

Foxon

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 14:51

i dont get this people moan about not signing anyone, then we get a striker who if fit would have played alot more for a team that won the League and Champions league. if we didnt pay anything for him thats great but even if we did i would bet on saha being a good signing for us.

#71 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 14:59

big deal, Chelsea lost about £16m on SWP, we bought VDM on a free - it was a limited gamble which failed, some work, some don't, he has hardly broken the bank has he? Moyes transfer dealings have in the main been exceptional, yet people still doubt him. I remember loads of people on here moaning about Yakubu and how lazy he is etc how he was no way worth the money and a joke, then he comes in and is the best striker we've had in years. Moyes knows what he's doing, if Saha is a failure then so what - better to have a free transfer failure than Per Kroldrup. The bottom line is he's been signed as experienced cover, he is excellent at leading the line, he is strong, good in the air, quick - he has all the attributes.

My memory may be wrong but didn't we pay £2/3 mil for VDM on deadline day, do yourself a favour and look at his career appearance record at all clubs, it is a disgrace. My comaparrison to Saha is real as Louis has not played a full game for nearly a year. I trust Moyes but he got stung by the idle Dutchman and I don't want similar with this guy, not every bargain is worth it. Saha on his day is very good, can you tell me when he last starred in any game my memory isn't that good?

#72 areyouavinalaugh

areyouavinalaugh

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 15:14

On SSN. Shock signing!
Was great at Fulham, just never got enough games at United

Correction - he was great for Fulham in the Championship and only had one good season for them in the Prem. Now he is too slow too old and too injury prone - just hope he didn't cost much - don't think he is the answer?

#73 areyouavinalaugh

areyouavinalaugh

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 15:29

There are about 10.5 million reasons! Given that they have both seen far better days and no longer score many goals it doesn't look like bad business! More money for the bank by the look of it! I think the signing was more about creditability and desperation than anything else?

#74 LexKing

LexKing

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 15:30

Ok no transfer fee. How much is hees weekly salary? 60-70k? ANd how long contract he has or do we have him only this season?

#75 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 15:31

My memory may be wrong but didn't we pay £2/3 mil for VDM on deadline day, do yourself a favour and look at his career appearance record at all clubs, it is a disgrace. My comaparrison to Saha is real as Louis has not played a full game for nearly a year. I trust Moyes but he got stung by the idle Dutchman and I don't want similar with this guy, not every bargain is worth it. Saha on his day is very good, can you tell me when he last starred in any game my memory isn't that good?

sorry I was getting mixed up with Saha a little, VDM was about £1.5m from memory, hardly a back breaker. If he was fit and had been playing spectacularly for years then you could times that figure by 10 and we would never have been able to sign him. Every transfer is a gamble, a lot of people wanted us to sign Nugent (I wasn't one of them) yet he's turned out to be an expensive donkey for Pompey. Every manager gets it wrong, but it's better to get it wrong for 0-1.5m than it is for £10m. We sold Michael Ball for about £8m or something, he was then injury plagued for about 2-3 years and has never been the same player, it can happen to anyone. I think Saha is a good signing, he's a lot better than Alan Smith that's for certain.

#76 londonbluenose

londonbluenose

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 15:34

Ok no transfer fee. How much is hees weekly salary? 60-70k? ANd how long contract he has or do we have him only this season?

2 years by the sound of it?

#77 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 15:57

2 years with an option of a 3rd if we and he decided to offer/accept.

#78 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 17:56

I wonder what Moyes meant when he said 'we are getting him for no cost right now' - I assume this means the payments have been deferred or that he is either on loan or on pay as you play deal?

#79 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 17:58

Although not confirmed officially...

A mate of mine reckons we've got him on some sort of play and pay deal. He plays a certain number of games and then they will take that of what they owe us for fat boy.

Just watching the build up to Super Cup, and Ferguson says that Saha has got himself fit, and is ready for a new challenge.

Edited by DonKey, 29 Aug 2008 - 18:03.

#80 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 29 Aug 2008 - 18:04

I know he's very injury prone but to say he's overrated and not worth signing as some have suggested is imo really daft, the bloke is a proven prem player and is one of the best in the buisness when playing, ppl cant compare him to VDM as Saha isnt a lazy piss head who's problems are mental not just physical United have an exellent medical team and facilities so i dont think he's got away with sitting in the stands with just a sick note from his mum he's had a bad time with injuries thats all nothing to do with just collecting money and being a lazy twit. We know what Moyes can do with players and if he gets Saha fit and rearing to go him together with Yak will be imo one of the best pairings in the league if played together which i think will be the case.

Edited by EFC-Paul, 29 Aug 2008 - 18:05.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users