IGNORED

Hibbert

Just can't see the reason why Moyes picks this lad. I know he's a born blue but for me he's the poorest full back I've seen here and I just can't see what the fans see in him. Okay, he shows comitment but imho he's shite. One good game against elano don't make him great. Much prefer to see pips at right back, not a big fan of his either and a manc through and through but someone who'd run through a brick wall for us

Hibbert is good at hoofing the ball, he will make a good clearance and he's not that bad going up front. But at Right-Back he's simple making too many mistakes. He's having to do work that he finds to hard for himself. He's too slow for the game, he dosen't pick up men well and isn't that good of a reader of the game. He just dosen't read what people are going to do. IMO, he should be dropped and sold to the likes of Birmingham and QPR in January where he would do a good job.

Very poor to say the least again today the first goal he didnt even get off the ground to challenge properly plus he was on the wrong side of his man, the second goal he plays Duff onside then runs away from him leaving him unmarked to score!!!! I for one am fucking bewildered that people who get paid to judge players for a living cant see the FACT he's a very poor defender he is Championship quality at best. No positional awarness not a great tackler of the ball and has a pass thats on par with a blind man pissing in the wind!

Edited by EFC-Paul

As much as the lad is a true blue, and gives 100% and is probably a nice bloke (as all blues are)......

HE IS A CARTHORSE AND WANTS SHOOTING. Failing that he wants selling to someone in the championship, because I'm afraid that his level.

Sorry Hibbo!!!!

titus bramble doesnt just hoof the ball, stand their and let his player he is meant to be marking have plenty of space. Bramble makes mistakes but still does a reliable job at wigan, ask any wigan fan and they will agree yes mistakes are done by him but he does play well for them. Hibbert is a joke.

I thought he played OK and our defence looks better structured with him at right back.

Love the fact all the posters in here always moan about getting behind the players and you compare him to Titus Bramble? Pathetic.

Come on mate, he was caught out of position time and time again today. He stands there day dreaming and then realises too late that the ball has gone over his head and the opposition player now has the ball. What really gets to me is he never learns. In the derby at Goodison last season he let the ball bounce on the half way line and then Gerrard raced away to win the penalty, but he did it countless times again today instead of just heading the ball. He is just woeful. I don't understand how he can have Petrov in his back pocket at City last season and actually look very good and then put in performances like today :huh: .

Come on mate, he was caught out of position time and time again today. He stands there day dreaming and then realises too late that the ball has gone over his head and the opposition player now has the ball. What really gets to me is he never learns. In the derby at Goodison last season he let the ball bounce on the half way line and then Gerrard raced away to win the penalty, but he did it countless times again today instead of just heading the ball. He is just woeful. I don't understand how he can have Petrov in his back pocket at City last season and actually look very good and then put in performances like today :huh: .

So was Jags, Lescott, Baines (quite a lot today) and Pienaar whole game. Do they get a proper slagging.....erm, no as they are favourable players. I do not for one minute think Hibbert is world class but he is not as shit as you all make out - a lot of posters in here are the same "jump on the bandwagon" posters as most threads.

What you need to take into account is we are leaking goals and everyone is looking for someone to blame, Hibbert is an easy target because he is unpopular. There is no midfielders to play with, which is why all our defenders first look is way up the pitch and not to the midfield. When you watch Manure play, when their defenders have the ball their midfielders are hungry to get the ball and make space for the pass - this is not happening. Our midfielders for large parts of the game looked scared to get the ball.

Thing that pisses me off so much with Hibbert is when he recieves a pass he sems to take an age to release it by which time the opposition has reorganised themselves. Then he boots it up the line and if were lucky it stays in play. Basically he doesn't have a quick footballing brain and can't read the game. Even if people argue back and say he's a good defender who can get stuck in, there's shit loads of players in any league who can do that but you need to better all round to play in the premiership. Pass the ball would be a start

So was Jags, Lescott, Baines (quite a lot today) and Pienaar whole game. Do they get a proper slagging.....erm, no as they are favourable players. I do not for one minute think Hibbert is world class but he is not as shit as you all make out - a lot of posters in here are the same "jump on the bandwagon" posters as most threads.

What you need to take into account is we are leaking goals and everyone is looking for someone to blame, Hibbert is an easy target because he is unpopular. There is no midfielders to play with, which is why all our defenders first look is way up the pitch and not to the midfield. When you watch Manure play, when their defenders have the ball their midfielders are hungry to get the ball and make space for the pass - this is not happening. Our midfielders for large parts of the game looked scared to get the ball.

I do have my favourite players but when they're shit then I say they're shit. Don't lump me in with every one else, I have my own views and don't jump on anyone's bandwagon.

watched hibbert closely today, he reacts rather than anticipates, compare him to evra, cole, bridge, the arsenal boys, and it's not even a gulf, it's frightening that he plays the same level as them. He can't cross. I am desperate for the lad to do well as a local homegrown talent, but alas he is in the same boat as Rhino, great heart and a blue, but weak link. Baines showed the way today.

it's not about bandwagons, it's just that some fans share the same negative opinions at times and need to tell them. You can get behind him all you like, things won't change in terms of his ability.

He should have been hangin in taylors face, holding his shirt etc like carragher does, instead gave free header and effectively let them back in game, I do blame howard also though

As Romey said EW its not about jumping on the bandwagon mate which is one thing i like about this site is the fact people seem to have a wide variety of views and opinions, I no what you mean about favourable players and so on but its not the case with Hibbert he has been consistantly very poor for a large part of his career. I know the other lads at the back have not been formidable but Jags has been our best player so far this season in my opinion and has very much played as well as any other player in the league so far, Lescott as we know has been shite but is slowly getting back to his old self as seen today he is pulling his finger out, Bains has played quite well in the chances he's been given and with more experiance and abit more confidence will make a good LB, Hibbert has cost us three very very important points today in my view as i've already said his defensive qualities are very poor he is as others have already said nowhere near the quality a team in the EPL needs. To produce decent flowing football down the flanks as you said it starts at the back and Hibbert cant beat players he cant pass and has no vision which makes it hard for anyone to link up with him.

Didnt anyone see Hibberts class 50 yard cross field pass........... are you guys not watching the same game......

ok it was sort of out of play and the whistle had gone for a free kick......... but you could hear the chuckles around the ground...

Seriously though... thae lad is never going to be in the class of Evra, Cole or Bridge....... but then again... we as a club are never going to get a finnished article coming in and playing in that position...... Hibbert does a job... hes a decent defender.. and on the whole doesnt make to many mistakes.....

I love the "championship manager" attitude you see in some posts..... we dont have any decent backup..... and if we had 10 mill to spend on a defender.......ha ha ha yea right.... who would we get...

Maybe you peeps will lay off Neville from now on, and appreciate him as a full back a bit more.

But just a word in Hibbo's defence .......... Where the fook was Arteta ?? I never once saw him tracking back to give him any help, and how DM could give him the Captains armband on this seasons performances baffles me.

Hibbert gives his all, the trouble is he hasn't that much to give in the first place. Our manager thinks highly of him that's why he got a long term contract last season!

For yesterdays goal he was in part culpable but you shouldn't forget the Yak lost good possession in the first place when he could have either controlled or passed the ball, Baines didn't cover their man he was taken by surprise and Howard in goal flapped round like a flappy round thing instead of shouting he was coming for the cross. Hibbo, well he was looking forward to his half time cuppa and just stood there wondering what had happened, as he normally does on such occasions.

Bill, great point about Nev and I have already said that Artetas reward of the armband for playing like a selfish prick of late is staggering and very poor judgement by the manager

Maybe you peeps will lay off Neville from now on, and appreciate him as a full back a bit more.

But just a word in Hibbo's defence .......... Where the fook was Arteta ?? I never once saw him tracking back to give him any help, and how DM could give him the Captains armband on this seasons performances baffles me.

Its very true. Arteta's tracking back is awful. A few people accused Pienaar of not supporting Baines, but I think that he did, the only times that Baines did not have support was when Pienaar and Arteta switched wings, but becasue both where a little annoymous, especially in the sceond half , that may have gone unnoticed.

I also think that Lescott did so poorly at LB this season becasue he either had Ossie or Arteta in fron tof him, and they don't put the work in that Pienaar did last year to try and help support.

Hibbert gives his all, the trouble is he hasn't that much to give in the first place. Our manager thinks highly of him that's why he got a long term contract last season!

For yesterdays goal he was in part culpable but you shouldn't forget the Yak lost good possession in the first place when he could have either controlled or passed the ball, Baines didn't cover their man he was taken by surprise and Howard in goal flapped round like a flappy round thing instead of shouting he was coming for the cross. Hibbo, well he was looking forward to his half time cuppa and just stood there wondering what had happened, as he normally does on such occasions.

Bill, great point about Nev and I have already said that Artetas reward of the armband for playing like a selfish prick of late is staggering and very poor judgement by the manager

Hibbert does give his all for 40 minutes. It's the last few that he just fails on. And most of the time his best isn't good enough. He is poor at reading the game, poor at communication and poor at being calm. He's too rushed with the ball and that's what ends him up in trouble.

Yesterday's goal was a mix of terrible mistakes. Yakubu should never have attempted that pass in his own area. There was a risk and that was giving away possession, which he did and look what happened. If that goal hadn't of gone in then Newcastle woulden't of scored the second either.

Neville is our only good captain. Fact. Arteta deserved the armband on the only account that he is low on confidence. But after his performance he has to be looking at tossing it over to Jags.

i'm surprised hibbert was given first team action so quickly after his injury......hes a poor right back......but maybe coming back off injury has caused a drop in form? And i can't undertsand moyes logic, luckily for us he's allowing baines first team action after a rocky start and i think baines is starting to shine, much better than lescott, a good crosser of the ball and younger by miles than valente.....

but why doesn't castillo get more 1st team football? Surely neville in right back and castillo in front of the defenders makes a much better system, then two on each side and either one or two infront of casti, depending on the formation.

I don't understand moyes willingness to play fellaini and his unwillingness to play casti......

i'm surprised hibbert was given first team action so quickly after his injury......hes a poor right back......but maybe coming back off injury has caused a drop in form? And i can't undertsand moyes logic, luckily for us he's allowing baines first team action after a rocky start and i think baines is starting to shine, much better than lescott, a good crosser of the ball and younger by miles than valente.....

but why doesn't castillo get more 1st team football? Surely neville in right back and castillo in front of the defenders makes a much better system, then two on each side and either one or two infront of casti, depending on the formation.

I don't understand moyes willingness to play fellaini and his unwillingness to play casti......

No one does,

I agree with the all. Hibbert is a terrible right back and when he plays it pushes phil neville into the midfield which is even worse! Everton desperately need to buy a right back in the janurary transfer window.

i think the idea of buying lars jacobsen was to replace hibbert, but considering jacobsen is injured until around christmas i cant see us buying another right back, hibbert and neville will have to do the job in the mean time. if jacobsen turns out to be a quality player then he should be our regular right back

He's scored 6 goals in his career so far, most of them coming whilst playing for FC Copenhagen. He's currently Denmark's first choice right-back meaning that he has to be of some good standard. He looks like a solid player, he's tall and big built which could prove what Tony's missing. 5'11 to be precice he's quite a large character.

At 28 we can still get a few more seasons out of him, I suppose that 2010 will be his last International Year. I'm looking foreward to seeing him in January playing for us, because he seems like a real good defence unit. Much better than the one were fielding at the moment.