• Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Leighton Baines

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 112

Fellaini 70

Osman 62

Arteta 53

Neville 48

Saha 43

Cahill 42

Howard 40

Baines 36

Castillo 18

Lescott 16

Pienaar 15

Anichebe 14

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Baadhi 10

Yobo 7

Van der Meyde 4

Baxter 4

Rodwell 4

Valente 2

Hibbert 1

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Hibbert for me put in some great crosses.

Thought the whole defence had good games tonight.

Plus Cahill, Arteta and Ossie all did well.

Two big let downs for me were Pienaar who gave the ball away almost every time he had it, and Fellaini first half he did play better second half.

Edited by BedfordBlue

Gone for Ossie myself but it's nice to have a few to pick from. Here's a quote you don't see to often from the beebs report...

"Everton looked the more likely to take a lead as Hibbert, a constant source of effective crosses from the right wing all evening, whipped in a pacy cross for Fellaini."

Guest efctaxi

Was close between Osman and Hibbert , but my vote goes to Hibbert :)

Time we learned how to move better , pass better , and keep the ball better . Pienaar must be taking passing lessons from Neville :lol:

In a match when quite a few played up to their "Normal" i give my vote to Osman, theres a few players who after getting wacked the way he did would have looked for the easy option and come of injured, it shows how Ossie is always up for a scrap that he chose to stay on.

Good all round team performance even tho we couldnt beat 10 men. :)

Just watched the tape as I was out this morning when the match was on, Ossie was the best player on the pitch looked absolutely world class. Jags deserves a mention he cut out numerous passes on the last line of defence. He could become a victim of his own brilliance in the player of the year voting.

Osman was our most consistent player, can't say I'd be happy with hibbert starting and he was hardly man of the match. Everytime the ball came near him he looked scared of it, until terry was sent off they were barrelling down the left exposing the fraility in the corner, it wasn't until the second half that he made a few decent tackles and one decent cross, but I wouldn't be happy to see him start another game unless we had no other choice.

IMO Hibbert was the worst man on the field. The number of times the opposition slipped in behind him was woeful. He's good at tackling but mentally he was all over the place, one of the worst at the club and needs to be sold come January. I thought that the rest of the defence has a good game. Neville, Yobo and Lescott. Baines did OK when he came on. I thought that we took the game to Chelsea and attacked well. Pienaar was unlucky that his goal was dissalowed.

Highlight was seeing Ballack getting booked. Class refereeing :lol:

IMO Hibbert was the worst man on the field. The number of times the opposition slipped in behind him was woeful. He's good at tackling but mentally he was all over the place, one of the worst at the club and needs to be sold come January. I thought that the rest of the defence has a good game. Neville, Yobo and Lescott. Baines did OK when he came on. I thought that we took the game to Chelsea and attacked well. Pienaar was unlucky that his goal was dissalowed.

Worst man on the field and needs to be sold? Another dark classic. Pienaar was by far the worst player and shandy needs to be sold, no sacked in January.

Pienaar was unlucky? He was offside then kicked the ball out of the keepers hands.

when referring to the rest of the defence, were you aware neville played in midfield?

if your gunna bash a player, do it when they play badly. hibbert put in a damn good shift. and if they did get in behind the defence a few times, joe cole, anelka, deco, ballack, lampard, drogba, im sure we could have expected them to get more out of us than they did.

suprisingly for me, i gave arteta my vote, i thought he controlled our passing game. doing much better in the middle now, hes not slowing down breaks and hes moving play forward. maybe not the best on the field, but got it due to the big improvement.

Guest efctaxi

Wow , that's a little harsh on Hibby imho :huh:

Chelsea have some of the best players in the world ( again my opinion ) so it's expected that they are going to break through fairly regularly , but the same guy you felt was the worst player , I felt was outstanding ;)

Just goes to show how differently we all view things . :P

Even a 10 man Chelsea are capable of destroying most sides , so we must give credit where it's due to our team , even if we failed to beat a quite rattled opposition .

We are after all a very average side in comparison .