• Phil Neville
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Dan Gosling
    • Joao Alves Jo
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Segundo Castillo
    • Marouane Fellaini

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 205

Arteta 163

Cahill 105

Baines 99

Fellaini 94

Osman 80

Howard 61

Neville 58

Saha 43

Lescott 40

Pienaar 39

João Alves de Assis Silva 37

Gosling 22

Anichebe 21

Castillo 19

Rodwell 17

Hibbert 15

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Baadhi 10

Van der Meyde 10

Yobo 7

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves de Assis Silva

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Guest efctaxi

Baines gets my vote .

Poor performance regarding attack with Baines the only real threat today . Squad is starting to look threadbare and tired .

Can't believe our luck with injuries :(

Howard: Didn't have much to do but what he did he did well. Didn't make a cock-up of his kicking today and showed that he can do it, wasn't really involved in the game though, so can't really talk much about him.

Defence: Can't all be bad if we kept a clean sheet. I thought that Leighton looked good going foreward and looked the only person that wanted to run at Newcastle. We need more of Pienaar's flair and skill and that come in short spells from him, good to see. Jags and Lescott kept the frontmen quiet and Yobo made a good game back.

Arteta: 4 minutes and he was gone. Terrible to see. :(

Neville: Best out there today, good captain's work again and kept the team actually still going to some extent for the full 90 minutes. Hope he gave them a good bollocking on the pitch, he made sure that we kept a clean sheet.

Rodwell&Gosling: For youngsters they looked like they had been in our team for years. Ran at the defence and never stopped working, either of them. Good prospects for the future and definatly looked good going foreward - could have easily got MOTM.

Jo: Some good touches but not a good performance I'm afriad, more performances like that and he can go back to City. Hope he gets back to his debut form though.

Vic: Good strength today but never looked like getting a goal for us, I'm glad his injury isn't as bad as first thought and good to see Nolan apologise.

Casti: Shite. Not good enough for the Premiership. Reminded me of Alex Nyarko today, waste of time being there, after such a good first game against Standard Liege he's gone right downhill...

Guest efctaxi
Howard: Didn't have much to do but what he did he did well. Didn't make a cock-up of his kicking today and showed that he can do it, wasn't really involved in the game though, so can't really talk much about him.

Defence: Can't all be bad if we kept a clean sheet. I thought that Leighton looked good going foreward and looked the only person that wanted to run at Newcastle. We need more of Pienaar's flair and skill and that come in short spells from him, good to see. Jags and Lescott kept the frontmen quiet and Yobo made a good game back.

Arteta: 4 minutes and he was gone. Terrible to see. :(

Neville: Best out there today, good captain's work again and kept the team actually still going to some extent for the full 90 minutes. Hope he gave them a good bollocking on the pitch, he made sure that we kept a clean sheet.

Rodwell&Gosling: For youngsters they looked like they had been in our team for years. Ran at the defence and never stopped working, either of them. Good prospects for the future and definatly looked good going foreward - could have easily got MOTM.

Jo: Some good touches but not a good performance I'm afriad, more performances like that and he can go back to City. Hope he gets back to his debut form though.

Vic: Good strength today but never looked like getting a goal for us, I'm glad his injury isn't as bad as first thought and good to see Nolan apologise.

Casti: Shite. Not good enough for the Premiership. Reminded me of Alex Nyarko today, waste of time being there, after such a good first game against Standard Liege he's gone right downhill...

I thought he did ok today :)

After being a supporter of Fellaini , I thought it was he who deserved the comments you gave to Castillo today .

Absolute waste of space today .

Edited by efctaxi

A disappointing performance with a real opportunity lost for three points. Having said that let's not be so downhearted and negative. We have been playing well of late and with the squad being stretched to its limit, tiredness was going to kick in. Arteta is obviously the one creative player we had yesterday and that was short lived and without that and with Newcastle being down to ten men it was obvious they would pack the defence and we had no guile to break them down. Neville was his usual driving force and the defence, except for the one moment, was strong, however for showing maturity beyond 17 and a fair few good touches, passes and nearly scraping a winner young Rodwell gets my vote.

To be fair to Fellaini he hasn't trained for 2 weeks and he has a broken bone in his back. He should be praised just for putting his hand up to play because we were desperate. He was always going to look off the pace after having not trained for that amount of time. This doesn't apply to you EW because you haven't rated him at all :P .

To be fair to Fellaini he hasn't trained for 2 weeks and he has a broken bone in his back. He should be praised just for putting his hand up to play because we were desperate. He was always going to look off the pace after having not trained for that amount of time. This doesn't apply to you EW because you haven't rated him at all :P .

Indeed, I am still waiting to be impressed by him. I am sure it will come, I just don't enjoy him at the moment.

Guest efctaxi
sounds like you rate Rodders as much as I rate Fellaini.

Nah , I like Rodders .

He's just not Sundays man of the match in my eyes :)

I like Fellaini , but I'm afraid at the moment he has lost his way a little , and I don't think he will settle untill next season .

2 weeks for a pro footballer shouldn't make much difference in fitness levels . It's not like he has to run the 100m in ten seconds or less when he's playing . I think Moyes has given him a free role for some reason , as he jogs all over the pitch , but lately with no effect . Maybe he's simply introducing himself to everyone :P

My problem with Fellaini is his attitude, he fouls someone and then blames anyone or thing other than himself. He will then do a fit of histrionics followed by arm waving and glances to the bench. His entire approach only serves to wind refs up and he gets booked yet again which is simply stupid. On Sunday he ran round throwing out the odd trip in an aimless display of non football. He can't as yet speak English which suggests he may not be the brightest pebble on the beach, this may also explain his inability to follow the basic rules of the game.

I have stood by this kid from his arrival but my patience is starting to wear thin B)

Indeed, I am still waiting to be impressed by him. I am sure it will come, I just don't enjoy him at the moment.

I have been very much impressed by him on several occassions this season when he scored. No more time to wait but i can see him improving in the long run given that he's arrived only for a very short time. It is not that easy for him to score the goals he already did for us.

When you look at those goals he scored, u can see he works particularly well with crossing down the left from Baines or set-pieces from Arteta.

If our wings can play,he would always be a aerial threat in the box.

Guest efctaxi

We need more than a goal scorer from him though .

Like Jimmy , I've defended him in the past , but I'm starting to wonder what Moyes saw in him lately . I think we should get shut maybe if we can get our money back , and buy 2 or 3 younger players .