IGNORED

Interesting Quote From Tevez

"We want to stay. I want to play in England because it is the best League in the world and it suits my style. "Any club I join, whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or Everton, will be a rival of Manchester United. I would like to thank the United fans for their support. They will always have a special place in my heart.

For two reasons; firstly, he considers Everton a big enough club to join and secondly he considers Everton a rival to Manchester Utd

It's great that he considers us a big club and would maybe negotiate a deal but he will be well over our price range. Manchester United have payed his big money for the services that he has given and when he is loaded off the truck profits will be made. Real Madrid will be the one's to sign him I think, I just get the feeling that with the poor season they have had they will make drastic changes to win the next El Classico.

He didn't mention West Ham because it was a shambles of a club.

60 games and 17 goals, not a bad record that :)

Guest efctaxi
It's great that he considers us a big club and would maybe negotiate a deal but he will be well over our price range. Manchester United have payed his big money for the services that he has given and when he is loaded off the truck profits will be made. Real Madrid will be the one's to sign him I think, I just get the feeling that with the poor season they have had they will make drastic changes to win the next El Classico.

He didn't mention West Ham because it was a shambles of a club.

60 games and 17 goals, not a bad record that :)

Not what you want from a £30+mill player though .

(More quotes from the interview)

"I think I will be at another club next season."

"I have not been treated as a member of the family. I do not feel wanted. I feel bad over my situation, I do, but it's very, very difficult to stay any longer."

"The fans treat me like family but United have not signed me so they do not respect me as a footballer."

its interesting to hear those comments..(and surprising aswell).. any players we have signed (on loan with Jo the latest) always seem to Rave about how welcome the club make them feel, and indeed "a part of the family" ..

im sure Tevez would actually really enjoy his football here if he were to come, and maybe he realises that too hence naming us in his "wish list" :D plus the fact were getting stronger year on year under moyes .. tho i'd guess on loan would not be a possibility? - he's certainly out of our price range anyway which is a shame.. although even if we could afford to buy him outright its money better spent elsewhere in the squad (right mid)

I agree that he is well out of our price range -

But I rate him very highly as a player - A truly skillful and creative player who also does the hard work as well as any attacking player, I would love to have him at the club. But that's a pipe dream.

Also, agree it is nice to here Everton mentioned in the same breath as the other club (especially when it comes out of the blue)

Guest efctaxi

If he insisted on coming here , how much could he influence his price tag ?

£20 Mill maybe ?

Could we , and would we , raise that much for him ?

think we shud start passin buckets round the pre season friendlies to help towards the transfer fee

sell big vic for 4mil, reckon harry redknapp wud give us around 14 for the yak, and get moyes to shout at kenright 4 the rest!

any1 now how much his release clause is? cos me mates a utd fan an he said they can have him for 25mil

I'm trying not to be nagative but wouldyou honestly sell 3 or 4 players to bring him in? Next season we could well end up playing nearly 70 games. We need a dozen players already and are summer budget of maybe 20m isn't going to go along way. I think you guys need to be a little more realistic or otherwise your going to have a disopointing summer.

That's exactly what happened last year and look at the effect it had on the team.....

hahaha! some dilluded people in this thread, First of all someone said by winning the fa cup we could raise funds lol not a chance, were not talking champions league money here yano! ... Now some one says lets sell this player that player, yak being one of them... obv bad he got the injury, he was our top goalscorer last season.. some ppl forget far too easily, plusss, our team does not have that greater depth, so buy selling 1,2 or even 3 players to bring one player in, is absolutly ridiculous.. lets all get a reality check... tevez will never move to goodison... anyone even thought of the wages aspect!

hahaha! some dilluded people in this thread, First of all someone said by winning the fa cup we could raise funds lol not a chance, were not talking champions league money here yano! ... Now some one says lets sell this player that player, yak being one of them... obv bad he got the injury, he was our top goalscorer last season.. some ppl forget far too easily, plusss, our team does not have that greater depth, so buy selling 1,2 or even 3 players to bring one player in, is absolutly ridiculous.. lets all get a reality check... tevez will never move to goodison... anyone even thought of the wages aspect!

I dont think anyone realistically thought he would come here mate more the point its ashame he cant.

Has it been said in this thread yet?....Probably!

Am I right in thinking he isn't actually signed on as a Man Utd player.I think that's all he really wants, is for them to show the commitment to him, and sign him.As he says to be loved.

I think Everton were mentioned, not because we could afford to buy him and pay his wages, but because I think we are known as a club with standards, a great fan base, a loyal chairman, a respected manager, a work ethic, a great team spirit, great stadium, really nice green grass....the list goes on......I believe a lot of players would like the Goodison experience.There's a mind set now, that Everton is a really good place to be, I wonder if we keep building on that.....then players like him may, as they are already mega rich could perhaps take a pay cut to play for us!

Winning the FA cup wouldn't give us much extra money, but it would prove that, we really could be the place to be.