Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Interesting Quote From Tevez

"We want to stay. I want to play in England because it is the best League in the world and it suits my style. "Any club I join, whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or Everton, will be a rival of Manchester United. I would like to thank the United fans for their support. They will always have a special place in my heart.

For two reasons; firstly, he considers Everton a big enough club to join and secondly he considers Everton a rival to Manchester Utd

It's great that he considers us a big club and would maybe negotiate a deal but he will be well over our price range. Manchester United have payed his big money for the services that he has given and when he is loaded off the truck profits will be made. Real Madrid will be the one's to sign him I think, I just get the feeling that with the poor season they have had they will make drastic changes to win the next El Classico.

He didn't mention West Ham because it was a shambles of a club.

60 games and 17 goals, not a bad record that :)

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi
It's great that he considers us a big club and would maybe negotiate a deal but he will be well over our price range. Manchester United have payed his big money for the services that he has given and when he is loaded off the truck profits will be made. Real Madrid will be the one's to sign him I think, I just get the feeling that with the poor season they have had they will make drastic changes to win the next El Classico.

He didn't mention West Ham because it was a shambles of a club.

60 games and 17 goals, not a bad record that :)

Not what you want from a £30+mill player though .

(More quotes from the interview)

"I think I will be at another club next season."

"I have not been treated as a member of the family. I do not feel wanted. I feel bad over my situation, I do, but it's very, very difficult to stay any longer."

"The fans treat me like family but United have not signed me so they do not respect me as a footballer."

its interesting to hear those comments..(and surprising aswell).. any players we have signed (on loan with Jo the latest) always seem to Rave about how welcome the club make them feel, and indeed "a part of the family" ..

im sure Tevez would actually really enjoy his football here if he were to come, and maybe he realises that too hence naming us in his "wish list" :D plus the fact were getting stronger year on year under moyes .. tho i'd guess on loan would not be a possibility? - he's certainly out of our price range anyway which is a shame.. although even if we could afford to buy him outright its money better spent elsewhere in the squad (right mid)

Guest Reg Reagan   
Guest Reg Reagan

for 30mil plus? hmm

maybe if we use our FA Cup winnings and TV Revenue we could possibly land him here?

not even worth entertaining the idea...money lads, money

great player but it's irrelevant really

Your right and its ashame football has gone mad with fee's he would do very well here and he seems a nice bloke aswell oh well.

A little more from the interview.

http://www.peoplesblog.co.uk/latest-news/t...ichebe-out.html

I agree that he is well out of our price range -

But I rate him very highly as a player - A truly skillful and creative player who also does the hard work as well as any attacking player, I would love to have him at the club. But that's a pipe dream.

Also, agree it is nice to here Everton mentioned in the same breath as the other club (especially when it comes out of the blue)

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi

If he insisted on coming here , how much could he influence his price tag ?

£20 Mill maybe ?

Could we , and would we , raise that much for him ?

I was surprised to see him list us as a rival of United but this thread has just turned into fairl land......

Not a chance. He's a great player but it's never going to happen..... All a bit pointless now

think we shud start passin buckets round the pre season friendlies to help towards the transfer fee

sell big vic for 4mil, reckon harry redknapp wud give us around 14 for the yak, and get moyes to shout at kenright 4 the rest!

any1 now how much his release clause is? cos me mates a utd fan an he said they can have him for 25mil

I'm trying not to be nagative but wouldyou honestly sell 3 or 4 players to bring him in? Next season we could well end up playing nearly 70 games. We need a dozen players already and are summer budget of maybe 20m isn't going to go along way. I think you guys need to be a little more realistic or otherwise your going to have a disopointing summer.

That's exactly what happened last year and look at the effect it had on the team.....

we have enough strikers, we've jus been unlucky with injuries and i doubt we'll have such a crocked season 4 atleast a decade now, i hope anyway. number wise we can afford to let 2 strikers go and bring 1 in.

If he insisted on coming here , how much could he influence his price tag ?

£20 Mill maybe ?

Could we , and would we , raise that much for him ?

Doubtful. I think the problem for him staying is exactly his price. I'm sure they've done all they can to try to lower it.

Didnt United sign him for 4 million for 2 seasons? You would probably be paying the same for Owen with signing on fee and who would you rather have? It would be amazing if we could get him but i severly doubt it . Nice of him to mention us tho........

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi

CARLOS TEVEZ FUND

Officially open

donationBox.jpg

hahaha! some dilluded people in this thread, First of all someone said by winning the fa cup we could raise funds lol not a chance, were not talking champions league money here yano! ... Now some one says lets sell this player that player, yak being one of them... obv bad he got the injury, he was our top goalscorer last season.. some ppl forget far too easily, plusss, our team does not have that greater depth, so buy selling 1,2 or even 3 players to bring one player in, is absolutly ridiculous.. lets all get a reality check... tevez will never move to goodison... anyone even thought of the wages aspect!

He's crackin, I can see him staying at United though. He's too ugly though.

well he can share rooms with lescott and neville on away matches...

hahaha! some dilluded people in this thread, First of all someone said by winning the fa cup we could raise funds lol not a chance, were not talking champions league money here yano! ... Now some one says lets sell this player that player, yak being one of them... obv bad he got the injury, he was our top goalscorer last season.. some ppl forget far too easily, plusss, our team does not have that greater depth, so buy selling 1,2 or even 3 players to bring one player in, is absolutly ridiculous.. lets all get a reality check... tevez will never move to goodison... anyone even thought of the wages aspect!

I dont think anyone realistically thought he would come here mate more the point its ashame he cant.

Has it been said in this thread yet?....Probably!

Am I right in thinking he isn't actually signed on as a Man Utd player.I think that's all he really wants, is for them to show the commitment to him, and sign him.As he says to be loved.

I think Everton were mentioned, not because we could afford to buy him and pay his wages, but because I think we are known as a club with standards, a great fan base, a loyal chairman, a respected manager, a work ethic, a great team spirit, great stadium, really nice green grass....the list goes on......I believe a lot of players would like the Goodison experience.There's a mind set now, that Everton is a really good place to be, I wonder if we keep building on that.....then players like him may, as they are already mega rich could perhaps take a pay cut to play for us!

Winning the FA cup wouldn't give us much extra money, but it would prove that, we really could be the place to be.

We'll see what happens but in imaginary land over Jo, Crouch and Owen you'd be daft not to want Tevez.

At this point in time though we basically know we're getting a striker.

Order of want:

1. Tevez (won't happen lol)

2. Vagner Love

3. Jo

4. Crouch

5. Owen

Order of want:

2. Owen

3. Crouch

4. Vagner Love

5. Jo

It would be great to see him here but with wages/fee then he just won't be able to. When he does move away from Old Trafford the pay packet is going to be something grand. I'd say that he would score more goals than Yakubu in a season and make some records within the club. He would definatly improve us and allow us to push for Champions League money.

No way that it could, or would happen but it's nice he got a mention.

I'll pay a pound towards his wages, if we get around 100,000 people to do the same, we might be able to have him for a week B)

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi
We'll see what happens but in imaginary land over Jo, Crouch and Owen you'd be daft not to want Tevez.

At this point in time though we basically know we're getting a striker.

Order of want:

2. Vagner Love

3. Jo

4. Crouch

5. Owen

Order of want:

2. Owen

3. Crouch

4. Vagner Love

5. Jo

It would be great to see him here but with wages/fee then he just won't be able to. When he does move away from Old Trafford the pay packet is going to be something grand. I'd say that he would score more goals than Yakubu in a season and make some records within the club. He would definatly improve us and allow us to push for Champions League money.

No way that it could, or would happen but it's nice he got a mention.

I'll pay a pound towards his wages, if we get around 100,000 people to do the same, we might be able to have him for a week B)

Tevez - Could happen depending on the final price , but let's face it ; he is probably sick to death of the English FA by now .

Owen - NO THANKS - The guy is all self and isn't what we want at Everton , unless a very big change in his work ethic takes place very quickly .

Crouch - He has the perfect attitude , and is miles better than peopl give him credit for , plus a proven goal scorer at all levels .

Vagner Love - Can't see what all the fuss is about myself . The prem is a different opposition than his current league .

Jo - Yes and no . Starting to warm to him , but he isn't better than Crouch .

Tevez for me is an animal in the box , and if we could get him for less than 20 mill , it would be worth the investment , but I've heard the price might rise to 42 mill :huh:

Besides , there are lots of other strikers out there who we could possibly get for a bargain .

Tevez - Could happen depending on the final price , but let's face it ; he is probably sick to death of the English FA by now . By all accounts wants to stay in england, won't come here though...i think citeh

Owen - NO THANKS - AGREED

Crouch - He has the perfect attitude , and is miles better than peopl give him credit for , plus a proven goal scorer at all levels .AGREED

Vagner Love - Can't see what all the fuss is about myself . The prem is a different opposition than his current league .

Jo - Yes and no . Starting to warm to him , but he isn't better than Crouch . NOT WORTH THE MONEY

Tevez for me is an animal in the box , and if we could get him for less than 20 mill , it would be worth the investment , but I've heard the price might rise to 42 mill :huh:WON't HAVE 20M NEVERMIND 40

Besides , there are lots of other strikers out there who we could possibly get for a bargain .

Tevez - I think that everyone would like to see him at Everton. He is world class and would improve any team's performance strike wise.

Owen - Similar to Tevez in terms of what he would bring. He has proved that he can score goals over the years and with WC '10 coming up he will be at the peak of his game.

Crouch - Did well at Liverpool and is doing well at Portsmouth. He's given less credit than he deserves like Taxi said, would like to see him at Goodison this summer.

Vagner Love - Meh, don't know enough about him to make a solid judgement but from what I've seen he looks the buisness.

Jo - Cost too much for what he would bring

Tevez for me is an animal in the box , and if we could get him for less than 20 mill , it would be worth the investment , but I've heard the price might rise to 42 mil

Bloody hell! Where is the money coming from for him? That's some big wallet right there, think that he's destination is Real Madrid.