IGNORED

Moyes: Hands Off Lescott

Good on him, I don't want Lescott to leave as I said in the transfer rumours thread for a few reasons, and to top it all off whilst the money would be good, Lescott is a very valuable member of the Everton squad and it would be terrible to lose him.

Guest efctaxi

If City want him badly enough , then we'll have to see what happens .There is a price that Moyes won't be able to say no to . Let's see if City yank his chain a little harder .

When a player is offered as part of a swap, you have to wonder if that players heart will really be in it, as in the case of Richards.

I read today that if an offer of £18million is tabled, Moyes will not stand in Lescotts way, if he wants to go.Talk is Man City would double his wages.Lescott doesn't support Everton, so I can only say that if he stays, then he must believe something special is about to happen at Everton.

In the 70's and 80's players moved clubs for an extra couple of hundred a week.....Lescotts being offered something like £40,000 a week extra!Who's to say it wont happen to Rodwell!

How do teams like Everton keep players at the club when an Arab or Russian come calling.

I don't want to be brought out just to survive...

totaly agree with you there.but i read somewhere that an 18 million deal with jo thrown in.sounds a good deal considering how much they payed for him.dm is always liked jo.would sort out our sriking options and mabey get a deal done for moutinio and some change for a decent centre back..i dont know just looking at both sides of the coin..lescott would be badly missed hes is a quality player..but for that deal what would you do?

He could be a long-term Hibbert replacement? He's played for England at right back

A lot of people obviously don't rate richards on here, but if you watched him up to 12 months ago and the 2 or 3 seasons prior to this, he looked real class, that's why he was englands right back in the absence of gary neville. If he can regain that form then in reality he's very similar ability-wise to lescott.

I don't want us to sell lescott don't get me wrong and moyes taking his stance shows everyone else that we are no longer a selling team but I wonder what his stance would be if citeh came in with £30m a ridiculous offer!!!

Another way to look at it and this is something I could live with - we demand an exchange deal including 3or4 players heavily weighted in our favour, leaving transfer funds to sign a replacement centre back (or mancienne on-loan?).

Possible players...

hart gk (£4m) - future england no1? could loan him out for a couple or give tim a bit of real competition.

richards rb/cb (£6m) - could be class if he finds his england form.

onoura rb/cb (£6m) - I really like this chap, looks like richards when he started out.

zabeleta rb/dm (£4-6m) - this chap looks real quality when I've seen him.

johnson cm (£6-8m) - had fitness and personal probs but looked quality 07/08 season.

de jong/kompany (£10m) - will either of these be surplus with barry in and talk of alonso?

petrov (£7-8m) - quality fast left winger - had a twat moment vs us when he saw red! - still real quality!

jo (£10m) - we've all got our own opinions but I like him.

caceido (£6m) - moyes had an eye on him when citeh signed him if you believe reports.

Ridiculous maybe but I'd say to citeh give us richards, petrov, johnson and jo then lescott is yours!

Guest efctaxi

Why hasn't this been merged with the other Lescott Arteta thread like mine was ?

One rule for one etc ............. :lol:

Admin abuse :D

A lot of people obviously don't rate richards on here, but if you watched him up to 12 months ago and the 2 or 3 seasons prior to this, he looked real class, that's why he was englands right back in the absence of gary neville. If he can regain that form then in reality he's very similar ability-wise to lescott.

I don't want us to sell lescott don't get me wrong and moyes taking his stance shows everyone else that we are no longer a selling team but I wonder what his stance would be if citeh came in with £30m a ridiculous offer!!!

Another way to look at it and this is something I could live with - we demand an exchange deal including 3or4 players heavily weighted in our favour, leaving transfer funds to sign a replacement centre back (or mancienne on-loan?).

Possible players...

hart gk (£4m) - future england no1? could loan him out for a couple or give tim a bit of real competition. £8m Really hope he keeps his head up and stays at the club. He is seriously a very good goalkeeper....

richards rb/cb (£6m) - could be class if he finds his england form. £8m. The potential is there. Whether the attitude & brains are there is another question. For the potential only he's worth at least £8m & the 12 or so England caps.

onoura rb/cb (£6m) - I really like this chap, looks like richards when he started out. Forget it! Ideal with LEscott if we were lucky to get him

zabeleta rb/dm (£4-6m) - this chap looks real quality when I've seen him. £8m. We paid £7m for him, and he was absolutely class last year, how this guy doesnt get a sniff in the Argie squad is bizzare. Fantastic at either full-back or midfield. He's a yard or so short of pace, if he had it, he'd be top drawer.

johnson cm (£6-8m) - had fitness and personal probs but looked quality 07/08 season. I'd keep him. The potential in this kid is frightening. Hes the only player who has got Elano to play. He suffered without Johnno.

de jong/kompany (£10m) - will either of these be surplus with barry in and talk of alonso? - Not a prayer! I thnk De Jong is freaking awesome. VK is good, but prone to mistakes.

petrov (£7-8m) - quality fast left winger - had a twat moment vs us when he saw red! - still real quality! Maybe he's finished. two very very bad knee injuries. Time will tell. And yes he was bang out of order for the red card!

jo (£10m) - we've all got our own opinions but I like him. - I'll drive him to bellfield! Awful. He could score 40 goals for you, and I wouldnt bat an eyelid, good touch, but no heart.£10m??? Surely you mean £4m?????

caceido (£6m) - moyes had an eye on him when citeh signed him if you believe reports. I' keep him, he's a bit of a boo boy, but he causes all sorts of problems.

Ridiculous maybe but I'd say to citeh give us richards, petrov, johnson and jo then lescott is yours!

Evening Gents, Man City fan here, dont worry I come in peace! Signed up on here & Grand Old Club, this week, just to read your thoughts on some of the gossip. This post has caught my eye. I have to be honest & looking at the list of players mentioned here, I honestly think that realistically only Jo would be allowed to leave the club, to go to a side with the potential to break top 4 (thats you!).

Maybe Richards, but certainly for more than £6m.

I've added my personal thoughts & prices above. What do you think?

Also in your transfer thread there is talk of Arteta. I've never read this (as good as he is, its not worht going for. We couldnt get him). I think Cahill is boss!

There are a few players you've not mentioned who you may consider?

Ben Haim - £2m. Its just not worked out for him at City, but was great at Bolton

Richard Dune £5m - THE legend at City, been the best buy of all time. 4 time player of the year, I think maybe Hughes wants to freshen things up. Top bloke. Gets slated but a top bloke. I for one will be sorry if he goes, but I think it could happen.

Elano £8m. Fell out with Hughes. End of.

Javier Garrido £1m (Can play LB or LM, good player, with a good brain, defending can sometimes be suspect. As good as Wayne Bridge, but will never play coz of WB's price tag.

Benjani £2m. Full of effort but somehow just hasnt worked for him at City.

If Tevez comes maybe Bellamy. Didnt want him, but he has impressed me big time. If CT comes, I dont see where he fits.

What do you think? PS I'd pay what you ask for Lescott.

Ben Haim - £2m. Its just not worked out for him at City, but was great at Bolton

Richard Dune £5m - THE legend at City, been the best buy of all time. 4 time player of the year, I think maybe Hughes wants to freshen things up. Top bloke. Gets slated but a top bloke. I for one will be sorry if he goes, but I think it could happen.

Elano £8m. Fell out with Hughes. End of.

Javier Garrido £1m (Can play LB or LM, good player, with a good brain, defending can sometimes be suspect. As good as Wayne Bridge, but will never play coz of WB's price tag.

Benjani £2m. Full of effort but somehow just hasnt worked for him at City.

If Tevez comes maybe Bellamy. Didnt want him, but he has impressed me big time. If CT comes, I dont see where he fits.

Only Elano would get near our 1st team from that list - he'll be off abroad though.

Tevez will go man.ure now ronnie is gone so you can keep bell-end-amy.

You'd have to offer players from my original list to make moyes take any notice - he doesn't want to sell and he doesn't have to either.

Anyway welcome.

Only Elano would get near our 1st team from that list - he'll be off abroad though.

Tevez will go man.ure now ronnie is gone so you can keep bell-end-amy.

You'd have to offer players from my original list to make moyes take any notice - he doesn't want to sell and he doesn't have to either.

Anyway welcome.

To be fair I dont think you'd want Elano, he's a bad apple & has NO work ethinc. Off your original list I'd let you have Jo for sure esp if you rate him at £10m.

Cheers for the welcome. There are a couple of Toffee's fan who post on our sites, mainly to wind up, but its all good banter.