IGNORED

What A Difference A Week Makes..

It's amazing the turn around this week. Getting shot of Lescott for that fee is actually great business if we can keep bringing these level of players in. I'm actualy starting to feel confident. That's scary. If we can also bring in a young left back for back-up and another midfielder I would actually feel that we may have a strong and deep enough team to compete in europe while still mounting a decent league campaign. If the Heitinga move does come off, and it looks positive then we have quite a team available, and very good bench. And when the hell have we been able to say that! Imagine having players on the bench who can change a game rather than a bunch of kids wondering about their GCSE results.

This is possible team we could eventually play, and I think it's very tasty.

----------Howard-----------

Heitinga Jags Distin Baines

---------Neville-----------

Pienaar---- Arteta ---Bily

--------Cahill------------

-------------Yak----------

Bench from:- Nash, Yobo, Hibbert, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman, Gosling, Saha, Jo, Vaughn, Vic, plus the other two players that Moyes reportadly wants.

I feel confident and it's scaring the crap out of me. I am looking forward to seeing the news about us tomorrow rather than being filled with dread. Let the good times roll.... hopefully

When moyes came, we have no resale value on anyone, he totally changed that. Alright we had 2 sell Lescott 2 buy but look at it this way, we brought him for 5mil an 3 years later sold him for 20mil more then we brought him for, after he played every game he could for us.

With that money, we brought 2 players already an will be getting at least 3 more, so the maths is, 1 player = 4/5 players. An the squad without Lescott is alot stronger then with Lescott, now he brought.

We do that every season an we soon be a top 4 team.

Shame Lescott went, don't get me wrong i liked him, but like Rooney, its only made us stronger.

much more positive now, hope we get heitinger too. a lot of papers linking us with bentley if a deal can come off. we might actually end up with a good squad. i too, like jamie, am a little scared of the confidence im feeling. one think though, im looking forward to seeing bily!

I knew this would happen, two signings later and everyone signing and banging their tambourine. It should never have taken this long to get signings into the club, s seen by the detrimental effect on the side thus far in the Premiership. Yes it's better late than never, but several questions have to be asked:

1) Why did Moyes bash Citeh for not offering more money, when he said Lescott was not for sale?

2) Where is the money generally at the club, who does what with it? Including Sky dosh, previous sales, money we owe for transfers etc.

3) Investment so we will be a position of strength every summer?

No doubt I'll be shot down, but yes a week has made the difference but the previous two months hurt us also.

Things are definately looking up.. by end of transfer window?

---------------------Howard----------------------

Heitinga --- Jags --------- Distin ----- Baines

-------------------- Fellaini ---------------------

Bentley ----------------------------------- Bili

------------ Pienaar ------- Arteta ---------

---------------------- Saha ----------------------

- probably not the best lineup. i never was any good on footy management games!

Fellaini (instead of Neville) if he shows the promise of his DM qualities.. isnt that why he was originally bought?

perhaps improving our AttackingMid players will allow him to sit back and improve on his DM responsibilities.

Given he's also now had some time to adapt to english ref's .. and cut out his silly errors which could be costly in the DM position.

Would love to see our most skilful players in Pienaar and Arteta both in C/AMid positions.

They'd create so many opportunities and given they work their arses off for the team would give great fight/support the DM player

Pace and guile of Bentley and Bili for the wings

And upfront a fit Saha is World Class

Cahill,Yakubu,Jo,Vaughan and co on the bench.. that wouldnt be a bad sight!

Happy days! :)

1) Why did Moyes bash Citeh for not offering more money, when he said Lescott was not for sale?

he wasnt for sale, but every player has their price.

2) Where is the money generally at the club, who does what with it? Including Sky dosh, previous sales, money we owe for transfers etc.

since bill took over, and especially while wyness was at the club, the debts have been increased therefore higher payments. not a great situation to be in, but until BK actaully WANTS to SELL the club we'll be stuck with it.

who is going to invest in BK? if you had billions would you invest your money in a football club run by someone you dont know? the only way out of the lack of funding is to sell. but have you ever heard BK say he wants to sell the club? no. he says he is constantly searching for investment. he does not say the club is for sale. he says if there was a billionaire out there id get him, but there isnt one. hmm, no billionaires out there looking for football clubs? haha i'll believe that when small clubs like QPR and Pompy cant find buyers.

I knew this would happen, two signings later and everyone signing and banging their tambourine. It should never have taken this long to get signings into the club, s seen by the detrimental effect on the side thus far in the Premiership. Yes it's better late than never, but several questions have to be asked:

No doubt I'll be shot down, but yes a week has made the difference but the previous two months hurt us also.

We have debt that we ow to the bank, an also to other clubs, as we pay for players on the drip, we never buy a player out right, so we be paying off Fellinis money, pienaars an a few others.

Money we pay the police, the staff, the players, the manager, the eletric bill, gas bill, travel costs, hotel costs. ETC ETC

he wasnt for sale, but every player has their price.

since bill took over, and especially while wyness was at the club, the debts have been increased therefore higher payments. not a great situation to be in, but until BK actaully WANTS to SELL the club we'll be stuck with it.

who is going to invest in BK? if you had billions would you invest your money in a football club run by someone you dont know? the only way out of the lack of funding is to sell. but have you ever heard BK say he wants to sell the club? no. he says he is constantly searching for investment. he does not say the club is for sale. he says if there was a billionaire out there id get him, but there isnt one. hmm, no billionaires out there looking for football clubs? haha i'll believe that when small clubs like QPR and Pompy cant find buyers.

Very valid points, thanks Steve. Interesting, as it's true that it's unrealistic for Kenwright to think a billionaire will invest while he/she doesn't owe the club.

It is surely a given that every fan waits for the players to come through and prove their worth but any football fan worth their salt can recognise that we are buying, and attempting to buy, much better players than even in previous Moyes' years.

I still think we need another CB and a holding player (Banega could be the latter) even if the Heitinga deal goes through. For me he would be the first choice RB with Hibbo as back-up then in midfield we could have:

New holding (possibly Banega)

Neville

Rodwell

Fellaini

... and hopefully Arteta

... all as possibilities. Then there is also Osman and Cahill who could play there but they are obviously best suited in behind one striker.

With Europa this year and the African Cup of Nations I really think we need a squad which is potentially this big - Heitinga, Banega and two other players included; a CB and another winger to cover the left. Also for consideration a pure LB to cover Baines!

with the two players we've already brought in, with the heitinga fee agreed, and the banega deal looking dead in the water, i think a great piece of business would be to bring in bentley and jenas from tottenham. peanuts is going to the african cup of nations, right? i kind of remember something about south africa not qualifying but i'm not entirely sure (someone wanna help me out on that one?). if he is then having bentley here will be awesome, especially since i don't want to see ossie out on the wing for another extended period of time. as for jenas, i think he's yet to make an appearance for tottenham (although he may be injured. anyone know if he's injured or not?) anyways, i'd love to see jenas here as he'd give us another good option for the center of the park and it seems like we could get him on the cheap if he's fallen out at tottenham

with the two players we've already brought in, with the heitinga fee agreed, and the banega deal looking dead in the water, i think a great piece of business would be to bring in bentley and jenas from tottenham.

My money is on de Guzman going to Valencia and Banega arriving on loan. Will be interesting to see how that plays out :)

peanuts is going to the african cup of nations, right? i kind of remember something about south africa not qualifying but i'm not entirely sure (someone wanna help me out on that one?).

Mike qualified that for me in another thread. Turns out SA did not qualify so Stevie is staying with us! :D

if he is then having bentley here will be awesome, especially since i don't want to see ossie out on the wing for another extended period of time.

With Pienaar going nowhere, Gosling showing he is good enough to maybe even start out wide and Arteta obviously having played there I just don't see Bentley doing anything other than upset a strong part of the squad. Also, against poorer midfield and full-back players I think Ossie can do a good job - and, really, there are plenty of those in the Premiership.

as for jenas, i think he's yet to make an appearance for tottenham (although he may be injured. anyone know if he's injured or not?) anyways, i'd love to see jenas here as he'd give us another good option for the center of the park and it seems like we could get him on the cheap if he's fallen out at tottenham

Not sure if he is injured or not - don't really care tbh. I can't see Jenas forcing past any of our other players, especially since he would need time to bed in. I see him as Osman without the flexibility position-wise. Then there is the fact that he would be just another player who doesn't really care about the club and that is one thing that you can't say about Leon - he plays like he loves the place, even if he isn't the best player and that is valuable to a team in this league.