Vic's Back

Romey 1878

he'll be bottom on Moyes list I'd say.

Saha

Yakubu

Jo

Vaughan

Anichebe

pissed off moyes last year and I don't think he's got the talent to pick up from that.

Saha!...........Let's be honest, probably be injured after a few games!

Yakubu!.....Looked very heavy and a bit slow, none of us really know what that lay off will have done to him!

Jo!..........Hasn't really proved himself yet....has he?

Vaughan!............Who can say when poor old James will be playing more than 3 games in a row!

Anichebe!..........He's had time to think about his Everton future, if he wants it bad enough, I think we'll see a Victor out on that pitch.

Why list negative points about the other player bar Vic who is by far the worst player of those mentioned?

Saha!...........Let's be honest, probably be injured after a few games!

Yakubu!.....Looked very heavy and a bit slow, none of us really know what that lay off will have done to him!

Jo!..........Hasn't really proved himself yet....has he?

Vaughan!............Who can say when poor old James will be playing more than 3 games in a row!

Anichebe!..........He's had time to think about his Everton future, if he wants it bad enough, I think we'll see a Victor out on that pitch. I would list his faults but his whole game is pretty piss poor he's a Championship player at best who has had far to much time to prove his worth!

Edited by EFC-Paul

maybe cos the negativity is coming from everywhere else and hes point was to build vic up a bit? i think people are very hard on him personally

Agreed. I don't know why the local lads get such a hard time of it. It's almost as if some people don't realise how lucky we really are.

maybe cos the negativity is coming from everywhere else and hes point was to build vic up a bit? i think people are very hard on him personally

Its not a case of being hard on him its being truthful and having an honest opinion that the lad has had more then enough time to show Moyes in training he's good enough and also when he's on the pitch, Its handy to have extra players in any area when your in so many competitions that i can't argue but the lad is simply not good enough apart from a few decent games in Europe he's been very poor.

Its all well and good saying he has pace and strength in bucket loads but if he doesnt use it often and spends more time on his arse its not much good is it, Im not sure what you mean by the local comment if someone is not good enough regardless of where they are from it will be pointed out silly comment to be honest and to say we are the lucky ones? Why is that? We pay players very handsomely and Vic has given back what in three years 6 goals great very appreciative.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Forgive me if I can't get excited over a player returning who spends more time on his arse than Emile Heskey. He doesn't have the talent to be an Everton player IMO and he has an attitude problem on the pitch, nevermind off it. The amount of times you see him throwing a strop because something hasn't gone right for him is alarming. Fair enough, we want him to show he cares but then he does fuck all to rectify whatever has gone wrong. That's not good enough.

Calico - I don't give a crap if Anichebe is from Liverpool or Japan; he's just not that good. You say we don't realise how lucky we are for having a local lad like Vic? I see it more that Vic doesn't realise how lucky he is to be playing for Everton.

Edited by Romey 1878

Agreed. I don't know why the local lads get such a hard time of it. It's almost as if some people don't realise how lucky we really are.

i dont think its a case of local lads i dont understand that point? but i just think hes worth keepin around to mature for at least a couple more years cos he has showed he can change games for us. like against kharkiv he changed that game or we would have gone out and our season could have gone in free fall like it did after villareal. he did it against villa in the fa cup last year to and he hasnt done enough but hes still only 21 and can improve. he'll be good for us in the future!

Why list negative points about the other player bar Vic who is by far the worst player of those mentioned?

Let me see!.........I think I posted in responce to a coment that Vic wouldn't be getting much oppotunity with all the other forwards we have!

I don't think Vic is in front of the players listed at the moment, but I'm being realistic when I list the "negatives" to each player, and very sad I am about those facts....Saha IS injury prone, so is poor old Vaughan, the Yak IS only just coming back from a long lay off.....will he be as good?.....and I'm not to sure about JO, although he mey turn out ok!........That leaves Vic....we might actually NEED him!

He has his faults......but he has strengths, and he's young.Moyes knows that or he would have been shipped out by now.I stand by what I said, "if he wants it bad enough" then I for one am very happy he's back.

Let me see!.........I think I posted in responce to a coment that Vic wouldn't be getting much oppotunity with all the other forwards we have!

I don't think Vic is in front of the players listed at the moment, but I'm being realistic when I list the "negatives" to each player, and very sad I am about those facts....Saha IS injury prone, so is poor old Vaughan, the Yak IS only just coming back from a long lay off.....will he be as good?.....and I'm not to sure about JO, although he mey turn out ok!........That leaves Vic....we might actually NEED him!

He has his faults......but he has strengths, and he's young.Moyes knows that or he would have been shipped out by now.I stand by what I said, "if he wants it bad enough" then I for one am very happy he's back.

I agree about Yak he could come back as good as ever or be half the player he was but even if that is the case he would still be far more useful then Vic, Its very obvious when watching Jo he has far more to offer then Vic, To be unsure of Jo and back Vic is puzzling for me and the whole point of your first comment was based on as you say Vic getting much time due to other strikers so why is it when we had no fit players bar Vic that he didn't get a look in and we played Cahill?

Im sure time will tell and the lad will fail as he has to date to show why he's even in the Prem let alone at Everton and as some people say time and time again to prove himself "because he's young"

Edited by EFC-Paul

I agree about Yak he could come back as good as ever or be half the player he was but even if that is the case he would still be far more useful then Vic, Its very obvious when watching Jo he has far more to offer then Vic, To be unsure of Jo and back Vic is puzzling for me and the whole point of your first comment was based on as you say Vic getting much time due to other strikers so why is it when we had no fit players bar Vic that he didn't get a look in and we played Cahill?

Im sure time will tell and the lad will fail as he has to date to show why he's even in the Prem let alone at Everton and as some people say time and time again to prove himself "because he's young"

To be unsure of JO!......and to back Vic .....is puzzling for you!!

Then I'll explain! I'm not sure about Jo, just like Mark Hughes, most Man City fans and many Everton fans.( but I really hope he goes on to be a 25 goal Everton striker )..ok, thats the unsure about Jo bit.

The backing Vic bit!....He's an Everton striker, attitude or not, he's one of ours, I am backing him, I am hoping he makes it and yes it would mean more to me if he does because he's from liverpool and not Japan.

Is Vic the more complete forward than Jo! no, not at the moment, could Vic come on and win a game for Everton whilst Jo is having a bad game, yes!

Little question for you.....you could say I'm puzzled! Why hasn't Moyes spotted all the problems with Vic that your pointing out......maybe you know more about Vic than he does!

When Moyes sells him on, then he goes off my radar and good luck to him, but he's here and he's fit again and I wish him luck.

To be unsure of JO!......and to back Vic .....is puzzling for you!!

Then I'll explain! I'm not sure about Jo, just like Mark Hughes, most Man City fans and many Everton fans.( but I really hope he goes on to be a 25 goal Everton striker )..ok, thats the unsure about Jo bit.

The backing Vic bit!....He's an Everton striker, attitude or not, he's one of ours, I am backing him, I am hoping he makes it and yes it would mean more to me if he does because he's from liverpool and not Japan.

Is Vic the more complete forward than Jo! no, not at the moment, could Vic come on and win a game for Everton whilst Jo is having a bad game, yes!

Little question for you.....you could say I'm puzzled! Why hasn't Moyes spotted all the problems with Vic that your pointing out......maybe you know more about Vic than he does!

When Moyes sells him on, then he goes off my radar and good luck to him, but he's here and he's fit again and I wish him luck.

Last season speaks for its self mate that comment has contradicted what has already happened and what i mentioned before why did Moyes not play Vic when we had no fit strikers if he rates him, Its not a case of knowing more then Moyes its a case of taking what you see and putting two and two together simple!

Jo has been here a very short amount of time campared to Vic and the age debate doesn't cut it he's 21 he is not a kid and by now at this stage in his career given the opportunities he has been given should have shown he is more then capable of playing for a top 6 EPL team which he has not.

I'll back any Everton player but as with Shandy who was paid very well and given a good chance to make a change in his career i have no time for as with Vic, he should be hungry and doing all that he can to prove himself yet at every opportunity given he fails to do so bar a few games in Europe so i wont back players who have such chances and dont seem willing to take them.

Seriously. With the sentiment of, 'we pay players very handsomely' for most discussions, - this one included - we may as well all stop going to and watching football because otherwise that's not likely to change.

The point I was making was that players like Hibbert and Osman may not be the best but they work their arses off and if anyone thinks we're too good for players like this then they're living in dream land.

Also, Moyes picks the players. He decides. Nobody else. Do we not trust him? I know I do.

Seriously. With the sentiment of, 'we pay players very handsomely' for most discussions, - this one included - we may as well all stop going to and watching football because otherwise that's not likely to change.

The point I was making was that players like Hibbert and Osman may not be the best but they work their arses off and if anyone thinks we're too good for players like this then they're living in dream land.

Also, Moyes picks the players. He decides. Nobody else. Do we not trust him? I know I do.

That would be about two seasons ago.

Moyes probably never consistently started him because of his age, rather than his form. He certainly looked good in some Euro games and was playing at a decent level in other games at the time.

Your comments dont tie in with what people are saying nor do they make much sense to be honest, 'we pay players very handsomely' yes we do and the point being Vic gets paid well by this club and has had many chances to prove why we do so and as mentioned bar the very few games he has shown abit of worth he has been shite.

Who mentioned Hibbert and Osman or their work rate's they are nothing to do with this we are talking about Vic who is the complete opposite of the point you failed to make. Also age has nothing to do with it he would have been 19 around the time you mentioned which in todays world is not young for a footballer to be playing first team football so if he was good enough and Moyes does have as much faith as you seem to think he has in him im sure he would have played more and carried on doing so to now.

I think we all know who picks the team! but as mentioned if you think Moyes has faith in the lads ability then why not play him when we had no fit strikers?

In my opinion the lads had enough time and chances to prove himself which like i've said bar the odd "decent" game in Europe and in the League he has been poor, i will let time do the talking on this one

Your comments dont tie in with what people are saying nor do they make much sense to be honest, 'we pay players very handsomely' yes we do and the point being Vic gets paid well by this club and has had many chances to prove why we do so and as mentioned bar the very few games he has shown abit of worth he has been shite.

Who mentioned Hibbert and Osman or their work rate's they are nothing to do with this we are talking about Vic who is the complete opposite of the point you failed to make. Also age has nothing to do with it he would have been 19 around the time you mentioned which in todays world is not young for a footballer to be playing first team football so if he was good enough and Moyes does have as much faith as you seem to think he has in him im sure he would have played more and carried on doing so to now.

I think we all know who picks the team! but as mentioned if you think Moyes has faith in the lads ability then why not play him when we had no fit strikers?

In my opinion the lads had enough time and chances to prove himself which like i've said bar the odd "decent" game in Europe and in the League he has been poor, i will let time do the talking on this one

Hibbert and Osman are related to a comment I have made about how the youth products have been getting lots of notice for poor performances compared to other people. Vic comes into the youth product bracket and I just thought it was a trend that had appeared. So, to be honest, please read what I'm saying properly before telling me that what I am saying doesn't make much sense; it offended me so I'll ask you not to do it again.

So how many teams do you know who are full of 19 year-olds? Can you name them and the players?

Moyes hasn't sold him, which is enough for me to think that his reasons for not picking him when we didn't have any forwards was more than about how good he is or isn't. I mean, we have seven other forwards in the squad so why keep one that isn't good enough? Once again, I trust Moyes and right now am happy that he is willing to give a young player to fulfil his potential.

In my opinion casting out players who are only 21 based upon the idea that they've had enough chances is short-sighted and a mistake.

Hibbert and Osman are related to a comment I have made about how the youth products have been getting lots of notice for poor performances compared to other people. Vic comes into the youth product bracket and I just thought it was a trend that had appeared. So, to be honest, please read what I'm saying properly before telling me that what I am saying doesn't make much sense; it offended me so I'll ask you not to do it again.

So how many teams do you know who are full of 19 year-olds? Can you name them and the players?

Moyes hasn't sold him, which is enough for me to think that his reasons for not picking him when we didn't have any forwards was more than about how good he is or isn't. I mean, we have seven other forwards in the squad so why keep one that isn't good enough? Once again, I trust Moyes and right now am happy that he is willing to give a young player to fulfil his potential.

In my opinion casting out players who are only 21 based upon the idea that they've had enough chances is short-sighted and a mistake.

Nothing i said was offensive the point being Hibbert and Osman have nothing to do with Vic and this topic i've not once seen anything in this thread about Hibbert and Osman bar what i have already pointed out and no mention of youth product players either so please read through your own posts before telling others to when you have not even posted what your telling people to read :blink: , Any player regardless of home grown or not get bad press if they are playing poor being home grown bodes no weight in if your playing crap or not.

How is he giving him time to fulfil his potential when he doesn't get any time on the pitch he's 21 not a 16/17 year old who needs to be slowly bedded in and by your own theory on short-sightedness how much longer and how many more games does he need to show his worth? I would say 80 odd is quite a few to be honest, Also it not accur to you the reason he wasn't picked when we had no fit strikers was down to his poor attitude which just shows how much he really appreciates the opportunity he has.

You seriously want me to list players that are 19 and play first team football come on you must be taking the piss their are possibly hundreds playing across Europe at a top tier level!!

Not much point carrying on this as i have said it keeps drifting off topic but im more then willing to be proven wrong.

Edited by EFC-Paul

If Vic was fit this summer he would more then likely have been sold. As he wasn't no-one wanted to buy him. He not got the same quality as Yak or Saha an will struggle to get in the team. He might proved cover for the right(think its right)Wing this season an will be sold, unless he proves himself this season.