IGNORED

Beckford

I just hope he isn't being brought in as Yak's replacement, that would be ridiculous.

Amen to that. We've only got two international class strikers at the club at the moment, shouldn't we be looking to add to that? I hope i'm proved wrong but Beckford to me just isn't in the right league ability wise for where we want the club to be heading

Unfortunately my Mrs & her dad are both Leeds fans & Iv been a few times to watch Leeds play with them & I have to say Beckford reminds me of Andy Cole. He needs a hell of a lot of chances to score. The worrying thing is that, thats in league 1 so in the Prem he isnt going to get as many chances so will he find the target???

If Moyes is going to sign him then I hope he sees something in him I dont.

Hello guys.

Im a Leeds fan in peace.

Just thought id give my two pennies worth. Beckford has had a love hate relationship with our fans over the years. He seemed like he couldnt really do it in the big games when it mattered...but this season against the likes of Liverpool, Scum and Spurs he performed well. The main grievance he has been the attitude and body language. Sometimes he looks like he cant be bothered, and a lot of the time he will bottle from challenges/headers and basically offer nothing in a game. BUT he is a very good finisher for this level....simply because he gets himself in great positions more often than not (thats his strength along with his pace)...he may miss a lot of chances but tends to score quite a few too. My only worry is in The Prem..he wont get those 3-4 chances a game...he might be totall anonimous and get one...and he is going to have to score. Its more ruthless. He came here a very very raw player, who we have polished into becoming a classy football league striker, he does and can be capable of scoring some wonderful goals....can he make a step up? Not so sure...id say not. But Moyes is a brilliant manager and obviously reckons he can make the jump.

On a few occasions we have witness temperatmental sides of him, ie him getting red cards/bans and a few yellows for dissent. He had seemed to improve slighlty on that this season. Although we did witness a horrific lack of respect against Southampton, when he played absolutely shocking...and when he was subbed he couldnt believe he was being subbed. so petulantly walked off at the pace of a snail...so fans got on his back. Then Grayson went to shake his hand and he shoved him away and walked straight down the tunnel (many believed he might not come back from that) after he was boooed off to hell. But low and behold he apologised and ended up scoring the winner in the following game and a couple of weeks later against The Scum and then scoring the winner against Bristol. His goals in the second half of this season dried up dramatically (which did coincide with him handing in a transfer request) and our form suffered (first half he got something like 21 goals in 25 games) the second half it was something like 9 in 28 games with about 4-5 of them coming from the spot so not many from open play.

But during the summer he angered a lot of Leeds fans by refusing a new conract here and his relationship with the fans has been love hate. But he has left the club a hero due to his goals over the past 3 years, goal against scum, winning goal vs Bristol and the fact we are promoted.

Wish him all the best. Its going to be very very tough for him. But given the right management and also if fans realise what he does do rather than what he doesnt do then he will work well at you guys. He is quite a confident person...but doesnt like to do many interviews...he isnt really the most eloquent in interviews when he does speak..but hes quite funny with it.

But I wish him all the best, at 26 years of age, hes played and scored a lot of goals at a big club...it wasnt that long ago he was working for K-Wik fit so i cant begrudge him a move to a wonderful Premiership club who can offer him a big wage at this stage in his career.

I realised what a signal of intent this would send to the rest of the league when watching SSN, it had our story about being in talks with Beckford and then the next story was Man City being in talks with Real Madrid about signing Gago and Higuain.

The rest of the league beware :gay:.

I've not read any one posting that they are excited to have signed Beckford, it's been mostly treated with a a shrug of the shoulders and a "well at least it's squad depth".

Vaughan is supposedly leaving so you never know. What do you think of Luke Garbutt?

Hi there Evertonians, just interested on your thoughts on Dimi signing up for your mob, plus any chance moyesy might let us have Vaughan and/or Coleman on loan or any of your other superkids as a gesture of goodwill.

I'm not happy about it at all.

A gesture of goodwill? After Bates calling us a two-bob club and shit he chatted when we got Garbutt you're more likely to receive Anthrax in the post.

I realised what a signal of intent this would send to the rest of the league when watching SSN, it had our story about being in talks with Beckford and then the next story was Man City being in talks with Real Madrid about signing Gago and Higuain.

The rest of the league beware :gay:.

Dont forget those other world beaters Charlie Adam, Stephen Hunt & Joe Ledley.

I thought we were supposed to be bringin in players that would improve our squad?

Dont forget those other world beaters Charlie Adam, Stephen Hunt & Joe Ledley.

I thought we were supposed to be bringin in players that would improve our squad?

Now hold on a minute, when have we ever been able to shop with the big boys in the last two decades??!! Nobody is under any illusions that we are not gunner be competing with the mancs or chelski for the big name stellar signings!!! Cut DM some slack will ya.......... his record in plucking players from relative obscurity and moulding them into Premiership quality is second to none, we have a squad the envy of half the league so why dont you guys get some perspective and stop this damn whingeing and whineing about who were linked with!!! Moyes knows best!!

Now hold on a minute, when have we ever been able to shop with the big boys in the last two decades??!! Nobody is under any illusions that we are not gunner be competing with the mancs or chelski for the big name stellar signings!!! Cut DM some slack will ya.......... his record in plucking players from relative obscurity and moulding them into Premiership quality is second to none, we have a squad the envy of half the league so why dont you guys get some perspective and stop this damn whingeing and whineing about who were linked with!!! Moyes knows best!!

I don't recall any one suggesting going after players that Manure, Chelsea etc want tbh. I know we're not going to be spending £20million on one player, but I expect a club like ours to be looking at better players than Jermaine Beckford for eg. We're supposed to be pushing for a Top 4 place and Beckford isn't a player that makes me think we can do it.

You may have lowered your standards, fair enough, but some of us still have high expectations.

Edited by Romey 1878

Steady on! I wasn't attempting to bash the Moyes at all as I'm his biggest fan.

I know we cant compete with the Manure's or Chelski's when it comes to bringin players in but I dont see the logic in bringin in players who are not as good as the ones we already have!

I'd put Vaughan, Anichebe & even Jutkiewicz in front of Beckford & all three are younger.

Steady on! I wasn't attempting to bash the Moyes at all as I'm his biggest fan.

I know we cant compete with the Manure's or Chelski's when it comes to bringin players in but I dont see the logic in bringin in players who are not as good as the ones we already have!

I'd put Vaughan, Anichebe & even Jutkiewicz in front of Beckford & all three are younger.

Fair do's bluey, not having a pop just that I hear and read so much about how we are going after the wrong players and that we should be looking in these areas!!!! I cant think of too many instances where our legend of a boss has f**ked up in the transfer market..... (Billy will be blinding next year btw and would love to have him playing off a main striker) I just think that the endless injuries to the players mentioned may have something to do with his train of thought as there is no doubting Vic and Vaughnys potential!! ( also think that Vic WILL be a legend next year after starring in World Cup ) I for one am quite excited by any signings and cant get wait to get starting next season!!!! COYB

Guest blueboy122

rather go for cris boyd than beckford to be honest, both out of contract but boyd has played at a higher level... maybe? well hes been in european competitions anyway. i have seen a lot of boyd from the past two seasons and he is quality all be it being in the spl however when rangers are well on top of a game but cant score as they get a chance its boyd that will put it in the net, this season we have batterd teams but not be able to put it in the net both boyd and beckford know where the goal is. would not be a bad signing howver it should not be a replacment for yakubu.

Didn't Cahill come from Millwall? Jagielka from Sheffield Utd? Lescott from Wolves?

Who gives a fuck where he's from, he scores loads of goals, he's young, he's not a replacement for anyone he's there for the future and he's scored more goals this season than Anichebe or Vaughan have combined. We already have one off to Motherwell, Vaughan will probably go on loan again, so why not have Beckford as 4th choice? Stick him in the cup games or out against sides like Blackpool and West Brom and he'll probably net 4-5 goals this season.

I don't know why people are moaning so much about our lack of ambition in the transfer market, the team we had last season had 2 defeats from last november! We just need to get everyone fit, add a couple of squad players as back up, give some of our youngsters a run out, and if Pienaar does go, bring in another class winger to replace him and we'll be fine.

You know it's transfer season when everyone starts bitching and moaning :lol:

Didn't Cahill come from Millwall? Jagielka from Sheffield Utd? Lescott from Wolves?

Cahill and Lescott had played only one division below us, and Jagielka had played in the Premiership just the season before. Beckford has played League 1 :blink:, there's just a smidge of a difference there.

You say Beckford's for the future? He's 26/27, not exactly a youngster is he.