IGNORED

Saha

Romey 1878

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really insulted by both saha and moyes that this guy is at the club he is a waste of space and the small purple patch he had shows his complete lack of talent and skill. On his day he is world class people say that is complete rubbish two things when has he been worls class for everton name the day. And his day doesn't happen enough get rid of him now he is an embarrassment to himself and moyes should know better

I am really insulted by both saha and moyes that this guy is at the club. he is a waste of space and the small purple patch he had shows his complete lack of talent and skill. On his day he is world class people say. that is complete rubbish. two things, when has he been worls class for everton name the day. And his day doesn't happen enough get rid of him now he is an embarrassment to himself and moyes should know better

you really need to work on your punctuation and sentence structure! anyway. Saha has a complete lack of talent or skill? Do me a favour. Hes very low on confidence and in a seriously bad stretch of form, but thats going a bit far. World class on his day example for Everton? Err Chelsea last season for a start, West Ham too. There was a good reason we got an 8mill offer for him last year, he can bang in goals. 15 last season in fact. edit: in little over half a season really!

I dont think he should be played at the moment, he is struggling with confidence and is not a lone-striker. Despite defending him, I would sell him given the chance, but thats more because we need the cash.

Edited by Matt

• 1 month later...

I blame Robert "After the Blackpool game on Saturday, I spoke to fans in the Joe Mercer lounge who questioned the lack of investment in players. Four players have left – Yakubu, (Joseph) Yobo, (James) Vaughan and (Steven) Pienaar and, as I kept being reminded, no one has arrived. My response was to pull out the team sheet; to look at the manager's starting line-up, to look at the depth and quality on the bench. No one could deny it was an enviable team sheet" Elstone.

Well I just did, take the two injuries - and you are left without a proven striker and a box to box midefielder (Cahill isn't that player for me)

Look at the players in their last 1-2 years and you are talking about an outlay of approx £35m to replace like for like with younger replacements - with very little to be made if we sell on now Cahill aside maybe. A few highlighted whi are not good enough for the modern game or Everton IMO.

In my mind we need to be bought out asap, the players that will need to be replaced (4 internationals) if done on the cheap will push our club closer to the trap door.

Goalkeeper:

24 Tim Howard

Defender:

5 Johnny Heitinga

3 Leighton Baines

18 Phil Neville - last 1-2 years

23 Seamus Coleman

15 Sylvain Distin - last 1-2 years

Midfielder:

7 Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

26 Jack Rodwell

25 Marouane Fellaini

10 Mikel Arteta

Striker:

8 Louis Saha - last 1-2 years

Subs:

1 Jan Mucha

16 Jermaine Beckford

21 Leon Osman

6 Phil Jagielka

17 Tim Cahill - last 1-2 years

2 Tony Hibbert - last 1-2 years

28 Victor Anichebe

Edited by Hafnia2

I blame Robert "After the Blackpool game on Saturday, I spoke to fans in the Joe Mercer lounge who questioned the lack of investment in players. Four players have left – Yakubu, (Joseph) Yobo, (James) Vaughan and (Steven) Pienaar and, as I kept being reminded, no one has arrived. My response was to pull out the team sheet; to look at the manager's starting line-up, to look at the depth and quality on the bench. No one could deny it was an enviable team sheet" Elstone.

Well I just did, take the two injuries - and you are left without a proven striker and a box to box midefielder (Cahill isn't that player for me)

Look at the players in their last 1-2 years and you are talking about an outlay of approx £35m to replace like for like with younger replacements - with very little to be made if we sell on now Cahill aside maybe. A few highlighted whi are not good enough for the modern game or Everton IMO.

In my mind we need to be bought out asap, the players that will need to be replaced (4 internationals) if done on the cheap will push our club closer to the trap door.

Goalkeeper:

24 Tim Howard

Defender:

5 Johnny Heitinga

3 Leighton Baines

18 Phil Neville - last 1-2 years

23 Seamus Coleman

15 Sylvain Distin - last 1-2 years

Midfielder:

7 Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

26 Jack Rodwell

25 Marouane Fellaini

10 Mikel Arteta

Striker:

8 Louis Saha - last 1-2 years

Subs:

1 Jan Mucha

16 Jermaine Beckford

21 Leon Osman

6 Phil Jagielka

17 Tim Cahill - last 1-2 years

2 Tony Hibbert - last 1-2 years

28 Victor Anichebe

I can only presume that the 2 in bold are not what you meant by highlighted?

Which leaves the 3 in itallics, and I would strongly disagree with you that any of them arent good enough for the modern game , paricularly Osman

Hibbo might not be good enough for our starting eleven anymore but he is great to have around as a squad player and he would still get a game for most Premiership sides

In fact you could say the same for all three

On a seperate note I would tend to agree with Elstone that our squad is in pretty good shape, even though we all know it needs freshening up with a couple of new faces. I honestly think we are only 2 or 3 signings away from having a very good side

As fro the players in there last couple of years I wouldnt really lose any sleep over that.

Neville's long term replacement is probably Coleman

Distin would hopefully be replaced by either Duffy or Mustafi

Hbbo is only a squad player anyway

Saha only performs in fits and starts but its well known we need new forwards anyway

Cahill I will give you

But it hardly requires a complete overhall of the squad

Oh and its confirmed Saha is out for a fortnight

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/02/11/saha-sidelined-for-fortnight

I can only presume that the 2 in bold are not what you meant by highlighted?

Which leaves the 3 in itallics, and I would strongly disagree with you that any of them arent good enough for the modern game , paricularly Osman

Hibbo might not be good enough for our starting eleven anymore but he is great to have around as a squad player and he would still get a game for most Premiership sides

In fact you could say the same for all three

On a seperate note I would tend to agree with Elstone that our squad is in pretty good shape, even though we all know it needs freshening up with a couple of new faces. I honestly think we are only 2 or 3 signings away from having a very good side

As fro the players in there last couple of years I wouldnt really lose any sleep over that.

Neville's long term replacement is probably Coleman

Distin would hopefully be replaced by either Duffy or Mustafi

Hbbo is only a squad player anyway

Saha only performs in fits and starts but its well known we need new forwards anyway

Cahill I will give you

But it hardly requires a complete overhall of the squad

Oh and its confirmed Saha is out for a fortnight

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/02/11/saha-sidelined-for-fortnight

Problem is Coleman is in the current first 11 - replace Neville with him, who replaces Coleman at right mid? (IMO he should stay there)

To replace Distin we are going to need an experienced centre half, most centre halves aren't near mature enough at 24 with the odd exception.

Saha - for what he gives overall is a £10m+ plus striker, frustrating but quality. If Darren Bent is £20m then we have issues in getting someone near that ball ballpark.

Hibbert is cover but will need replacing...

Being 2 or 3 players away from a very good team is a mile away for us at the moment - we may need to sell one of our very good players to keep head above water - net impact = massive.

• 5 months later...