IGNORED

Attacks in Brussels

Lowensda

An hour ago at the airport.

Awful. Definitely got something to do with the scum that attacked Paris.

Hope not too many are fatal.

You were at Brussels Airport? Are you ok, do you have a place to go to?

Edit: sorry misread.

Edited by Mirallas

I really despair with this world, horrible news :(

Flying tomorrow from Geneve, will be interesting to see how the Swiss react

Swiss security will be as tight as a drum. Way back in 1973 I was in Geneva on business and there had been some hi-jacking issues at the time. When we boarded the plane at Geneva airport we had to queue at the terminal exit, guarded by a policeman with a sub-machine gun. One by one we had to walk to a trolley which had our luggage on. We had to identify our luggage which was then loaded onto the plane. The luggage trolley was guarded by another policeman with a sub-machine gun. It took a long time but no one seemed to mind.

Swiss security will be as tight as a drum. Way back in 1973 I was in Geneva on business and there had been some hi-jacking issues at the time. When we boarded the plane at Geneva airport we had to queue at the terminal exit, guarded by a policeman with a sub-machine gun. One by one we had to walk to a trolley which had our luggage on. We had to identify our luggage which was then loaded onto the plane. The luggage trolley was guarded by another policeman with a sub-machine gun. It took a long time but no one seemed to mind.

im terrified of flying at te best of times, John, so extra security isn't going to bother me in the slightest!

Around the time of the London bombings, Liverpool Lime Street had armed police at the entrance. It was kind of intimidating.

The death toll is estimated at 34, 20 at the Metro station, 14 at the airport.

Flying tomorrow from Geneve, will be interesting to see how the Swiss react

They'll probably be happy to see the back of you. :67:

• 2 weeks later...

During the arrest of Salah Abdeslam, a couple of days before the attack, there were Arab youths throwing rocks at the police who were doing the raids... These are third and fourth generation Belgians who in no way identify with our way of life. It takes only one of those kids to radicalize and there could be another attack.

An attack in Brussels was very likely going to happen at some point. Per capita the highest number of 'Syria fighters', and Belgium is one of the countries bombing IS.

My point of view after all of this: an attack is going to happen again; all you can do is hope you (or anyone you care about) don't get hit.

Also came across this:

:CeQ5kU0WEAA74I0.jpg

which puts things a little bit in perspective.

Edited by holystove