Sign in to follow this  
peterc1992

Listen Up Everyone

If you read the petition this is what you will find.............

To: BBC

We want the BBC to remove Kelvin MacKenzie as one of the hosts to their Christmas Day broadcast of the News Review of the Year on Radio Five Live at 5.00pm.

Kelvin MacKenzie is, in the views of the undersigned, a man of great dishonesty with his actions after the Hillsborough football disaster, and his refusal to back down on the lies he allowed to be printed.

Sincerely.

Thanks Licker, hadn't read the detail. Signed happily, primarily for the obvious reason but also because the man had a huge hand in creating the pitiful excuse for a mass circulation press we suffer today. Detest the man.

If you read the petition this is what you will find.............

To: BBC

We want the BBC to remove Kelvin MacKenzie as one of the hosts to their Christmas Day broadcast of the News Review of the Year on Radio Five Live at 5.00pm.

Kelvin MacKenzie is, in the views of the undersigned, a man of great dishonesty with his actions after the Hillsborough football disaster, and his refusal to back down on the lies he allowed to be printed.

Sincerely.

WHAT LIES? and doesnt he have the right to an opinion even if he disagrees with you or me?

Java - whats with calling people immature on all of your bloody posts?

anyone who was working at the Sun when that tragedy happened will get no viewing from me or any of my family.

i dont have a problem with lineker thou

Java - whats with calling people immature on all of your bloody posts?

anyone who was working at the Sun when that tragedy happened will get no viewing from me or any of my family.

so we should sign a petiton a guy should be booted out of his job because you dont like the sun?

why would anyone think thats immature?

Also check out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie

If you don't know who someone is, or why someone would want to put a petition to get him of tele then

a.) don't contribute to the foum not knowin anythin

B.) go and find out who they are :blink:

getting someone kicked out of a job because you dont like his journalism smacks of fascism. i dont like it.

and i wont do it. and its another example of living in the past. which is dumb!

What he did couldn't really be called journalism...

"Traynor refused and publicly requested that the media respect her family's privacy with regard to the funeral. ITN and all other British media outlets did indeed respect Mrs Traynor's wishes with the exception of The Sun. Kelvin MacKenzie sent photographers to the funeral who clambered over a wall at the cemetery and took numerous photographs of the family laying the two boys to rest before eventually being chased away."

It's not in the past...

...on 30 November 2006, MacKenzie is reported to have said about the coverage of the Hillsborough disaster: "All I did wrong there was tell the truth."

Fuck me what's your problem Java, you going through the membership list trying to pick an argument with everyone? Lighten up....let's see a bit of that "maturity" you seem so keen on.