IGNORED

Fiorentina (away) 1st Leg

Bill

I couldn't come on here last night - I was breaking furniture. Last time I was that livid with an evertonian performance was probs dinamo. That was the everton of old. Not the team that has been different class in the prem.

Everyone seemed to be carrying a 100 pound bag on their bag. Don't get me started on Neville. He simply gets shitter each and every game. Don't care what anyone on here says nor Moyes for that matter, fuck his so called 'leadership skills' HE CANT FUCKING PASS!!!!! If I would have seen him last night I would og given him a rant. Agreed he was not the only one last night - he is only the most consistantly shit outta everyone. Lescott, Jags and Yob looked as nervous as the main character in a horror movie (soz best description I could come up with). Its like noboby on that pitched believed we can win when we could have easily got a reverse if we would have only given the effort we're capable of. Yes they were OK but come on lads didn't take muck to do us 2-0 last night did it? Cheers Howard that all I can say.

We can still do it but it must be 1-0 by half time imo and Neville on the bench with 4-4-2 not a repeat of the chelsea game. Granted we will struggle to keep a clean sheet with them on the counter but we gotta go 4 it. COYB. Does that blue shirt not mean anything to you?

NSNO

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im sorry but just becasue we played badly you can't take credit away from fiorentian. City were crap when we played them, both times, and we then didn't go, well its just becasue they played crap. Credit where credit is due, fiorentina played really well and in doing so stopped us from playing.

yes they played well, but as efcfanatic said, it didn't take much to play well against us last night. We played a lot better than that (A LOT BETTER) against Arsenal and lost 4-1, because Arsenal are true quality. We were diabolical last night, absolutely 100% diabolical, as bad as we were against Metallist and we escaped with a 2-0, that to me suggests that Fiorentina aren't that good. They're not a bad team and they did play well, but they're not brilliant. I agree with nearly all of fanatic's post, we did look like we were carrying 100lb bags on our backs, that's what nerves do to you, they make the legs tired. The players just bottled it a little and that's all it takes, all over the pitch there was no energy, no leaders. What I would possibly disagree with, or certainly sound a note of caution, is the assumption that we need to play 442 in the return leg. We were only 1-0 down last night with 451, even though we were playing like schoolboys, AJ comes on and we let in a second - and we should have let in a third but for a very close shave in the last few minutes.

Roma beat Utd a couple of seasons back, then in the 2nd leg Utd thrashed them something like 8-0. We're not Utd, but if we can get at them, put nerves aside and play like we do week in week out in the Premiership then we can still do it. Let's not be in awe of Fiorentina, it didn't take much to look good against us last night.

I have read a lot (but not all) of the comments on this. Yes, on the night we were terrible.

But do these players deserve the flogging they are getting?

Have they not got us bursting with pride this season? Are you not getting comments from fans of other teams saying what good footy we're playing?

We had a really bad night. It hurts that we had this bad night for this game.

But ask yourself this...has your performance at work been as consistently good as that of the Everton players over these past months?

Can't we take the defeat without instantly turning on the players that are serving us well?

I suspect I'm going to get slaughtered for the comments I'm adding, but Nil Satis Nisi Optimum applies to the fans more than any players who ultimately come and go. Lets show some class please.

just a reminder to everyone who thinks we've got anymore than a slim outside chance of turning this around:

they score 1, we need 4

I expect an improved performance (of course it can't be any worse) just like against dinamo but without ever looking like winning the tie -- 2-1 to us yak and arteta

yes they played well, but as efcfanatic said, it didn't take much to play well against us last night. We played a lot better than that (A LOT BETTER) against Arsenal and lost 4-1, because Arsenal are true quality. We were diabolical last night, absolutely 100% diabolical, as bad as we were against Metallist and we escaped with a 2-0, that to me suggests that Fiorentina aren't that good. They're not a bad team and they did play well, but they're not brilliant. I agree with nearly all of fanatic's post, we did look like we were carrying 100lb bags on our backs, that's what nerves do to you, they make the legs tired. The players just bottled it a little and that's all it takes, all over the pitch there was no energy, no leaders. What I would possibly disagree with, or certainly sound a note of caution, is the assumption that we need to play 442 in the return leg. We were only 1-0 down last night with 451, even though we were playing like schoolboys, AJ comes on and we let in a second - and we should have let in a third but for a very close shave in the last few minutes.

Roma beat Utd a couple of seasons back, then in the 2nd leg Utd thrashed them something like 8-0. We're not Utd, but if we can get at them, put nerves aside and play like we do week in week out in the Premiership then we can still do it. Let's not be in awe of Fiorentina, it didn't take much to look good against us last night.

Carl I know you like 4 5 1 mate but we have to play 4 4 2 and go at them, all this 4 5 1 leaves yak on his own up front, we need him on the ball as much as possible.

4 4 2

Howard

Neville <_< --Yobo--Jags--Lescott

Arteta---Fernandes--Osman---Pienaar

-----------Yak------A.J--------------------

Edited by Blue4Ever

Carl I know you like 4 5 1 mate but we have to play 4 4 2 and go at them, all this 4 5 1 leaves yak on his own up front, we need him on the ball as much as possible.

4 4 2

Howard

Neville <_< --Yobo--Jags--Lescott

Arteta---Fernandes--Osman---Pienaar

-----------Yak------A.J--------------------

agreed, but what I don't agree with is the assumption that playing 442 will get Yak on the ball more, in a 442 it's more than likely (going on past experiences) that we'll end up with less of the ball, a more shaky defence (we CANNOT afford to concede) and probably less of a cutting edge. I'm not saying I wouldn't go 442, all I'm saying is don't think it will automatically solve all our problems. Too many fans have short memories, we play 451 because it suits us and we play our best in the formation, we don't play it to grind out 0-0 draws, we play it to win. Just because we had one bad performance it doesn't mean it's because we played 451, it was just a blip when the whole team underperformed (except Howard). Moyes went 442 last night and tried to get the away goal, bringing on AJ, he should have just left it 451, took off Yakubu and tried to shut up shop, but it's easy to say that now. How many times have we played 442 against decent opposition and come away with anything in recent memory? never mind overturning a 2 goal deficit. It's a tough call for Moyes, I'd go 451 and bring in Arteta then let Anichebe and AJ rip if we haven't scored by 55 minutes.

^^ so you would play Carsley and Neville centermidfield again?

I Dont mind 451 but I think we have alot more chance of getting 2 goals against them if we have 2 up front, in the premiership it has been proved were better with 451 but its to defensive playing a holding midfielder when we need to get at least 2 goals. i know they could get a goal on the counter but i think they will come here backs to the wall and try an defend for 90 mins, that my view of things anyway.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Hi there to all Everton Fc fan, i'm a Fiorentina supporter, and reading your posts is clear that you were surprised by our team victory.

What i say is that we honor the Uefa Cup, hoping to reach as far as we can, you have a good team, probably solid in defense (good goalkeeper,

at start when i understand that is an american i admit that i think was not so good.. but he save the result many times) and very good in offense,

Arteta and Yak are good, and i fear Yak overall.

But don't forget that you look at our previous match with superficiality, we lost with Rome just because we miss to score, we play the game, we

gain the match, but they score an irregular goal and win, with Milan (not in his best suit this year) we score a pair 1-1 and we take a bar, we waste

so many goals score and they score only with a penalty (free and probably not so clear.. referees in italy are subdued by 2-3 most famous teams)

With Juventus we pair 1-1 at home ,but they score an IRREGOLAR goal, and all the TV say that, go to youtube to find it and see that an offside

treseguet close the sight frey, and they deserve 2 reds (keeping none) for varius fouls in penalty kick areas, but we finally pair and they took the

glory..

Inter totally destroy us, giving us a lesson, but we encounter them in their best moment (not now that they have many players injured and play with

second lines).

So this to say to you that we are a very good team in italian league, in the last 3 years we score 193 pts in this league and for 2 time we were denied

the champs league by "palace affairs" that result to be (at least for us and difficult to explain to you all shortly) nothing true (damn, who is so stupid

to "rob" game and win nothing? only us? Juve was the "robber" in italy, and almost half of the italians can say that :D)

I fear the return match, cause i fear the stamina of english teams, and you have a very good team, but don't giving honor to us is not fair, we play

a very good soccer, we have a high quality midfields, and a very good defense, truly this year we are not cinycal in offensive, we waste so many,

but this is the first year without Luca Toni, so consider you lucky, we need to register better our youg attacker, Pazzo , Osvaldo, Santana, Mutu,

Cacia and Papa are good (Mutu is out for a very bad foul done by Doni , goalkeeper of Roma not sanctioned with a penalty cause we are not

liked by ital. referees :D) and you have to keep the door closed next week to hope.

I Feel that next leg will be very hard for us, but don't think that we came there to gift something, Uefa Cup Final is an objective (like you) and hope

that only the best (and not the luckiest) go on.

And if you doom us to hell i hope you'll be enough strong to tackle off the cup also Bayern, cause i don't want them as Cup winner.

(p.s. we play vs Villareal a very good match, scoring 1-1 in their home and wasting so many goals that was incredible..)

best wishes for you all (apart next legs match with us)

VaeVictis

Interesting post Vae, many similarities between the two clubs I think reading that. Don't think anyone with any knowledge of European football took you lightly, but maybe some of us got carried away with our own success and felt unbeatable. Pleased to hear that you're still concerned about the final outcome, you didn't see the real Everton on Thursday, hopefully we'll turn up next week....I think we will.

Very good luck for the season (Wednesday aside), be nice to meet up again next year...in the group stages of the Champions League would be good :P .

(Can one of you 100 odd Italians looking at this let us know where you got the link from so we can have a look at what you are all saying?)

Edited by MikeO

Interesting post Vae, many similarities between the two clubs I think reading that. Don't think anyone with any knowledge of European football took you lightly, but maybe some of us got carried away with our own success and felt unbeatable. Pleased to hear that you're still concerned about the final outcome, you didn't see the real Everton on Thursday, hopefully we'll turn up next week....I think we will.

Very good luck for the season (Wednesday aside), be nice to meet up again next year...in the group stages of the Champions League would be good :P .

(Can one of you 100 odd Italians looking at this let us know where you got the link from so we can have a look at what you are all saying?)

If you'd like to read comments from Fiorentina's supporters come to http://www.fiorentina.it/notizia.asp?IDNotizia=59215

but it's obviously in italian :-)

It would be really good to have such civil exchange with opposite supporters like you are.

There's one thing I'd like to know: is it true that the Beatles were Evertonians?

bye

Marco

Edited by pippobaccello

If you'd like to read comments from Fiorentina's supporters come to http://www.fiorentina.it/notizia.asp?IDNotizia=59215.

It would be really good to have such civil exchange with opposite supporters like you are.

There's one thing I'd like to know: is it true that the Beatles were Evertonians?

bye

Marco

It would be nice to have a civil exchange of views Marco, but your understanding of English language is Good, but unfortunately our understanding of Italian Language is very poor, and in my case non existing. :)

Dont remember The Beatles ever admitting allegiance to either Everton or Liverpool.

HELLO! I'M A FIORENTINA SUPPORTER, I THINK YOU WON'T HAVE ANY CHANCE TO BEAT US NEXT WEDNESDAY,

WE ALWAYS PLAY VERY WELL IN THE AWAY GAMES.

EVERTON IS A GOOD TEAM BUT WE ARE MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU, WE BEAT YOU WITHOUT OUR BEST PLAYER (MUTU) EASILY, INSTED EVERTON PLAYED

WITH ALL THE STRONGEST PLAYERS AND I WONDER HOW EVERTON CAN BE IN THE 4TH PLACE IN PREMIER LEAGUE

YOU DON'T HAVE A FUTURE IN UEFA CUP. ANYWAY GOOD LUCK FOR SEASON

SEE YOU ON WEDNESDAY! I'M GOING TO Goodison PARK TO SUPPORT MY TEAM AND TO SEE THEM GOING TO THE QUARTER-FINALS,

THEN WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! (MAYBE)

P.S. WE GOT THE LINK ON www.fiorentina.it YOU CAN READ ALL THE NEWS ABOUT FIORENTINA AND

YOU CAN COMMENT ALL THE NEWS LEAVING A POST, YOU DON'T NEED TO REGISTER

BUT I THINK YOU'RE NOT GONNA UNDERSTAND ITALIAN

CIAO CIAO INGLESACCI

post-3755-1204975777_thumb.jpg

how does it prove that exactly, by being exactly the same team that totally mocked Man City and fairly comfortably beat Portsmouth. Stop jumping on the back of Neville and Carsley because of one match, they weren't the worst players.

Carl, I'm sorry I don't agree. Yes granted we beat both Portsmouth and Man City well however that wasn't Europe and the different style (All be it Portsmouth were only beaten comfortably when we swapped to 442 with Neville moved to RB). I would hope you agree that by putting both Carsley and Neville in the middle offers NO creativity or penertration, and therefore my proves why they cant play together in the middle. Piennar can't play his game if he has no ball as he isn't in the side as a ball winner and Ossie isn't a winger!!! That left only TC in the middle and it didn't and doesn't work against good sides.

Guest blueboy122

Cmon Everton I No We Can Go Through I Just No It This Is The Season We Have W8ed A Very Long Time For!!! I No We Can Do It A Packed Goodison Park Atmosphere Bouncing. I Wont Be Going Because I Will Be Away On Buisness But I Will Shouting And Cheering The Blues On From Hotel Room. Cmon People Lets Not Stop Singing For 90 Minutes!!

Cmon Everton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Love You!!!!!!

indeed, i see many similarity within our teams, and you appear solid, cahill , arteta, yaku, neville (that i look so much previus years) are good, and your kind of play is phisic and tactics.. probably on wednesday will be a hard fight, and hope the best will

prevail (fairly :-D).

hope too to see you next year in Champ., and fun to know that Everton and not Liverpool was the "city" team, sincerely since

last week i think was "inverse", as we know better liverpool as team than you, but reading around appear that Liverpool is

most similar to our "juventus" and you are much similar to "Torino Fc".

(p.s. now with capello also your national team will be dangerous...)

our prefered web is www.fiorentina.it, where many of us come from, cause one of our posted your forum url..

Hi guys i'm another fiorentina supporter

i was on the stadium thursday expectin a great match, i usually love

english football, i think premier is more enjoyable to watch than italian league,

but i almost felt disappointed about your performance. I especcially felt soory for your

supporters in florence, they came till here in the damned worst weather we had in this year,

not even enjoying the holydays in our city, watching a so pity performance in a so unusual cold weather.

Anyway... i've read your posts and i think is true, fiorentina it's not as good as arsenal or manchester, but even

not bad as bucharest. We are a middle team in a good shape, just like everton, playing a good football

and dreaming to be a big international team on the next years. We played as it was expected to play, as a quality

team, no more no less. You just missed the match. So the point is not how strong fiorentina is, but it's more how strong

everton is. We supposed to be similar teams, we did what was supposed to, you didnt. Consider that the bookers were

on your side prior to this match. For the next match i think if we both play as we know will be a good match, but quite

tough for you to be back in the game. Your hope should be that what happens to you in italy may happen to us in england.

An orrible day can happen also to us. We also lack on international experience. Consider that just five years ago we were on 4th

division. I think that if we don't put pressure on your miedfield and we just defend across our penalty area you will have

good chance to pass. we actually are not that good in 10-men-italian-defensive-style match. (that's what i'm scared about)

see you in liverpool

That was annoying game to watch :( Our players werent ready, they seemed to be thinking how important game this is while the game was going. Looked for really scary playing. Even Howard couldnt get the team wake up even he tryed and did all he could by himself. This team aint ready for europe, as sad it is to say. We have got important experience from eurocups this season and hopefully it helps next season. Fiorentina were very strong all the game, our teams passing and running werent not even close our best games level. I believe we will see better Everton next wednesday, but i dont believe we can go throught this. If we keep clean sheet it would be possible and of course im hoping lads will fight their hearts out again. Nothing to lose anymore!!! COYB

!!!