IGNORED

Fiorentina (away) 1st Leg

Bill

MikeO, the team might be the same, the approach, attitude and resulting play is anything but......

Neville said at the end that they were set up to be positive, that's what the manager told them to do and they bottled it. To say Moyes fucked up is stupid.

Shit :angry: . Lucky to still be in it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on lads !....look on the bright side!!....I was at work so I didn't have to watch the match!

After reading your comments....for that I'm extremely greatful.

Spurs were (last time I looked) losing 1-0 at home.So they have to score twice away!

We need to score twice at home......then rely on our expert penalty takers :rolleyes:

Seems we played crap.....you don't go from the form of our recent run to this type of display with out reason.....

Drop a couple of the real worst culprits...kick an arse or two.....and if you can get your leg round there dave! give your self a swift volley!

Beat Sunderland..............THEN GIVE THE 2ND LEG A PROPER GO!....It aint over and an early goal would get the house rocking...stick two up front and at least go down fighting!

can't be bothered to add anything about our majorly below par performance.

however i agree, ITV suck, channel 5 for all their liverpool fan pundits gave us a good bias and seemed to be backing us all the way. Tlysley seemed dissapointed we weren't' 1 down at half time and kept rubbing it in throughout!

we didn't deserve anything though and 1 shot on goal says it all. even when johnson came on we couldn't create anything, Arteta didn't do much to improve things.

next week were going to see a typical display of 10 men behind the ball Italian defending, we've just got to somehow break it down!

Lack of experience. I haven´t seen the match, but reading your comments i think the team has had lack of experience in great european matches. I remember the previous round of Champions League against Villarreal and now this.

Don´t we have a good team? It´s time to demostrate. Next week, as we say here "hay que morir matando"; please, play football, try to score, to make a good match, to ilusionate the fans inside and outside Goodison´s. At the end, sometimes you win, other times you lose, But for me the most important thing is that you have tried all of these

Were am i going to start!! Phil Neville is an utter joke him and carsley center midfield have proved how bad they are tonight, they wer out classed by 2 average centermidfielders. I would love to see Neville in the street id tell him strait LEARN TO PASS A BALL 10 YARDS!! I dont mind him at fullback because its an easy position to play, if it was anyone else moyes would drop them but he made me want to throw the remote at the television tonight.

I love the yak but when we went a goal down he didnt run at all.

Carsley is reminding me of a naysmith in midfield, he never wants to go forward every pass seems to be backwards.

Cahill was poor today, he tryed hard but he didnt help to keep the ball down most passes were over the top to no1, when he did get the ball which was very rarely he made nothing of it.

Yobo an Lescott, i couldnt belive how poor they were, they are usually our best players but tonight they looked confused.

Howard was our best player, we need some bloody result next wednesday, get fernandes back, at least he plays it along the deck, play him next to cahill and osman in the middle and we will show them how to play english football!

Edited by Blue4Ever

I thinkk we just got knockeddd out of europe by our own captian tbhhh

(he was shocking)

to many other players just didnt do it! was pienarr playing ?

Why single neville out, Everyone was shite Bar Howard and maybe Tim.

I think Manny could have actually done something in that game with his passing ability, aslong as he didnt fuck around with it.(was he actually injured?)

Hibbert off for AJ? :huh:

Im goin to have to say we are 'Royaly Fucked'

moyes got his tactics wrong, if stickin with that same 11 shouldnt change the usual tactics by soo much, to play defensively should have jus went 5 at the back. hes only young thou and i believe he would have learned enough about them from this game to beat them at Goodison.

ps. IMO he should sub neville instead of hibbo all the time as hibbert is the better r.back

It was a complete shambles, what happened to the football. ?? Neville and Carsley where lying too deep all night, this in turn left Pienaar and Osman stranded alone out wide with nobody alongside who could play football and they looked awfull.

Osman is not a winger but when he plays inside at least he can link up with Pienaar and Arteta to play football. Yakubu was provided with nothing to work with all night, and the defence who had looked impregnable over the last couple of months were a complete shambles.

This could have been a 4 or 5 nil hammering if Howard had not been on form, I wont have a go at Cahill as much because he seemed to be the only person in midfield, and he worked his socks off but was heavily out numbered and was flogging a dead horse cos he got no help from Neville and Carsley.

At 2-0 we are lucky that we are not out yet, but it will need a vastly improved display, and the players have 6 days to learn how to pass a fookin ball. .............. Very Disappointing.

We look absolutely petrified last night. Where had all the confidence gone?

Truly awful.

We needed to keep possession and we were never going to do that with Hibbert, Neville and Carlsey all playing.

It was back to Everton of old - like we hadn't progressed at all.

We need to replace f*cking Phil Neville!

God, I'm angry! Everytime we had the ball we just kicked it back to them!

Fiorentina didn't play great, we played like a pub team! Why The fuck Is Phil Neville Getting singled out!

Fiorentina didn't play great and scored 2. Not our fault if you come here without mentality. I am sure Everton took us lightly just like you were sure to come here and score 1 or 2 and win.

You can only play as well as your allowed to, we offered nothing going forward and very little in defence, they were by far the better side and deserved to win, A very lacklustre performance by the whole Everton team with the exception of Howard.

Thats fair enough, but you also have to accept that we also lost because they played well not just becasue we played badly.

It's true...They are very strong..This without Mutu,Semioli and a large turn-over in first half.Fiorentina has a large european tradition in last 15 years.

There were occasional signs of defensive frailty though. We weren't capable of exploiting them last night but hopefully the real Everton will turn up next week. We could have been facing a task of Bucharest proportions so we're lucky to be still in with a shout.....as it is we're not out yet.

There were occasional signs of defensive frailty though. We weren't capable of exploiting them last night but hopefully the real Everton will turn up next week. We could have been facing a task of Bucharest proportions so we're lucky to be still in with a shout.....as it is we're not out yet.

I think that we could possibly put two past them at home,. if we play out of our skins, however i'm not sure that we can keep them from scroing. They looked strong while countering.

guys, as much as i agree with 99% of your comments about how we performed, lets not have all the knee-jerk reactions blaming moyes and the players.....fiorentina are a quality side, they outplayed us last night, and for pretty much the first time this season we were found wanting...

arteta didn't look fit to me, lescott looked slightly scared to get forward as much as usual (not surprising when you bear in mind the one time he had a marauding run forward i think they missed scoring a third by about an inch!). pienaar and osman looked out of their depth...

BUT....

it's only one game, we've got another one next week to repair the damage, which is gonna be bloody hard - but if we pull it off it will be a historic night. i would've settled for a 1-0 defeat in italy, i've always fancied we'll beat them at Goodison....it just has to be more comprehensive now B)

I think that we could possibly put two past them at home,. if we play out of our skins, however i'm not sure that we can keep them from scroing. They looked strong while countering.

As I think someone referenced earlier, the Yak was part of the 'Boro side that twice needed to find four goals in the home leg to progress in 2006.....did it both times (admittedly against Steaua and Basle, think Fiorentina re a bit better than those two).

We only need three, simple :unsure: .

Wel what can I say........I think this proves that Neville and Carsley can't and shouldn't play together in midfield and imo Neville isn't good enough as he has no idea going forward.

how does it prove that exactly, by being exactly the same team that totally mocked Man City and fairly comfortably beat Portsmouth. Stop jumping on the back of Neville and Carsley because of one match, they weren't the worst players. I actually thought Carsley was one of the better players (though he didn't play well). Pienaar was absolutely diabolical, Lescott was a joke and I would possibly blame him for both goals, instead of closing the ball down/trying to get a block in he seemed totally disinterested and actually blocked Howard's view for one of the goals, standing there like a lemon. Yakubu looked like the last place he wanted to be was on the pitch (I can forgive him as he has been brilliant for us) and Osman, Neville were poor. Yobo looked a shadow of his normal self (he always looks dodgy in Europe) and Jags was done a couple of times and could've cost us two goals if it wasn't for Howard. Howard kept us in the game, we should be counting our blessings as we are still in this game when we should've been buried. I agree with Jacko, Fiorentina didn't look anything great, we were SO bad anyone would have looked half decent against us.

To be fair to Everton, I think they suffer from something that I have suffered from in all my sporting life, it's the fear of the unknown. When playing against teams they know week in week out in the premiership, they perform - when playing against teams they've never played before they looks nervous, unsure of themselves and how to approach the game. Every match in Europe I think we've looked shaky at the back and unconvincing - certainly in first legs - and let's face it, we've played a load of rubbish teams so far. I think we'll see a different Everton in the 2nd leg, Fiorentina looked a half decent team, no more, if we perform we can turn it around. We're having a great season, we have a good team and a very good manager so let's not all get too despondent and have a go at the players who have done so much over the season. It's one bad game and it's only half time, have a little faith. As long as we win a the weekend it's been a good couple of weeks as far as I'm concerned, I just wish I knew why our defence can't perform in Europe, I can understand attacking players getting nervous and giving the ball away, but players should be able to defend yet Yobo, Lescott and Jags go from being world beaters to amateurs.

COYB!

Fiorentina didn't play great, we played like a pub team! Why The fuck Is Phil Neville Getting singled out!

Because he's always the worst player on the pitch, Hibbert was one of our better players last nite why did he have to take him off? Please tell me what you think Neville gives our team on the pitch because i really dont no what moyes see's in him, all he does is run round like a headless chicken, he basicly plays centerback playing poor passes out the defense when he should be in midfield winning the ball and pushing the midfield out with his so called " leadership quality's he has " he pisses me off so much! it wasnt only him why we played poor but he was a big factor of it. Get manny fit again and playing if you ask me, I feel for Hibbert because id say the last 10 games he's been solid, he even seems to improved further up the pitch but he doesnt get notised because most fans think he's shit.

they had such an easy win yesterday, im gutted, its going to be hard winning them at home with out them scoring on the counter at least once <_<

Edited by Blue4Ever

half decent? sorry mate, i love optimism but they bossed us, played us off the park.

hats off to fiorentina, they beat us and they beat us easily.

hats off to what, the fact they beat an absolutely abysmal Everton team 2-0 at home, if we had've played like that away at Arsenal we would have been beaten about 7 or 8 - 0. So I say it again, they were half decent - we were just abysmal, let's not all kid ourselves that once again we're playing some amazing team, unlucky us, if Liverpool had've lost to Fiorentina we'd all be sitting here laughing our asses off. Let's see how good they are in the 2nd leg and then we can judge.

Im sorry but just becasue we played badly you can't take credit away from fiorentian. City were crap when we played them, both times, and we then didn't go, well its just becasue they played crap. Credit where credit is due, fiorentina played really well and in doing so stopped us from playing.