IGNORED

West Ham

MikeO

we need another one fast or our season will have been fucked in the space of 7 days by fucking fulham and west ham

Thirty eight game season isn't fucked by two games.

West Ham played well, we could have lost.

As it is because other results went for us today we're still OK, need a few faces back for next week-end though.

Well thats that then! I'm furious a perfectly good goal disallowed however in the end we were lucky with a point. Jags had a mare today and the only one I think played very well was Cars.

Howard - Good stops and a great save

Neville- So so - can't cross for shit

LB -average, ran hard

Lescott - not his usual self

Jags - The least said the better

Cars - My MOTM

Arteta - Some good moves when we went level he went missing. Needmore from him

Osman - Some good, some bad some ugly did OK

Cahill -I wish he was fit left the at 1-0 only played 10 mins

Victor - Better than some performances recently but still frustrating

Yak- Good two goals but there was no understanding between him and Vic.

Manny - Some great passes but agin gets caught to many times in possession.

Well thats ruined my Saturday!!

Edited by barryj

Well thats that then! I'm furious a perfectly good goal disallowed however in the end we were lucky with a point. Jags had a mare today and the only one I think played very well was Cars.

Howard - Good stops and a great save

Neville- So so - can't cross for shit

LB -average, ran hard

Lescott - not his usual self

Jags - The least said the better

Cars - My MOTM

Arteta - Some good moves when we went level he went missing. Needmore from him

Osman - Some good, some bad some ugly did OK

Cahill -I wish he was fit left the at 1-0 only played 10 mins

Victor - Better than some performances recently but still frustrating

Yak- Good two goals but there was no understanding between him and Vic.

Manny - Some great passes but agin gets caught to many times in possession.

Well thats ruined my Saturday!!

is it just me or does anyone else think Howard could have saved the Ashton header? he seemed to get a good hand on it anyway. As it happens I also think Jags should have done a lot better with the challenge as well and after that he seemed on a one man mission to gift them a second - although to be fair to the guy, I think he knew he was having a bad time of it! We were poor again, Arteta seems to be doing very little at the moment and we seem to lack a spark and Cahill's drive. Poor decision to disallow the goal but after that West Ham were by far the better team and deserved at least a draw. 4th place is Liverpool's now, barring a massive collapse - we need to just hang in there and pick up a couple of results to get us 5th spot. I think the Fiorentina defeat on penalties took a lot out of the players, then added to the fact that our squad is getting stretched to breaking point and a lot of our players have played virtually every match this season and our players look both physically and mentally tired.

Howard -didnt have to much do to had that great save with his foot 7/10

Neville-long balls over everyone most of the time 6/10

baines- some good cross's and ran hard for most of the day 7/10

Lescott- not one of his high standed games but did his job 7/10

Jags- what can i say had a shocker looked very shaky at the back today 4/10

Cars- My MOTM getting stuck right into them never gave up chased and went for everything 9/10

Arteta- some good pass's but went missing not to his high standed 7/10

Osman- got stuck into them faded off in the last 30min 7/10

Cahill - went off after 10 min hope he is ok to play next week 5/10

Victor- didnt link up with the yak that great had a half a chance and hit the keeper 7/10

Yak-Good two goals but didnt get fed to well today 8/10

Manny-got stuck into them looked like he was playing with some heart some good pass's and chasing players now could do with a few more games under his belt 7/10

First half - When we had the ball we looked dangerous, but fuck me, when we didn't have it we looked like a pub team. We stood off and just let them play and we do it every week, whatever happened to us pressurising the opposition?

Second half - Just fucking terrible.

I'd like to commend West Ham on playing football, some of our players would do well to take note on how to pass a ball to our own players. They tore us apart at times and it was horrible to watch our midfield just crumble infront of them.

Howard - Did well and kept us in the game at times, but I agree with Carl in that he should have saved Ashton's header.

Neville - Look before you play ball please, and stop letting the wingers run at you ffs.

Jagielka - An absolute mare in the last 20mins, before that though I thought he was quite solid.

Lescott - Looked very uncomfortable at CB and I think that rubbed off Jags tbh.

Baines - Made some very nice forward runs and put in some cracking crosses. Has to stay as out LB from now on for me.

Arteta - Didn't really get into the game and was given the run around by the West Ham players.

Carsley - Made some good interceptions but I don't think he provided enough protection for the defence; he stood off far too much IMO. However, he wasn't the only one. He's been a good servant but he must be replaced in the summer.

Cahill - Off after 10minutes so nothing to say.

Osman - Looked knackered and way off the pace for most of the game.

Anichebe - Lazy fucking twit. That is all.

Yakubu - Worked very hard and took his goal really well. My MOTM.

Fernandes - Looked dodgy for his first 5-10minutes on the pitch but after that I thought he played quite well and showed some touches that he showed frequently last season.

We need a vast improvement next week otherwise the shite will take us to the cleaners and our season could seriously be derailed.

Howard - Apart from there goal Howard played very well yesterday.

Neville - What more can I say negatively about this lad, His Crossing, Positioning, Pace, Passing are not good enough to be on that pitch.

Jagielka - Apart from the last 20 mins I thought Jags was one of our better players, his bottle went just before the end tho.

Lescott - Lescott done his job really, solid all game, he was even dribbling out of the back in some points.

Baines - Baines got a few great crosses in and worked hard all night, id probably give motm to him.

Arteta - He wasnt good enough yesterday, may I say the worst ive seen him in a long time :(

Carsley - Carsley got a few vital inteceptions and worked very hard all night but if anything he pushed to far forward and our defense suffered.

Fernandes - I thought Manny was great yesterday, every pass he made was positive and he set up some decent attacks and shown us some of the class he has!

Cahill - Can't really comment on timmy I can't remember him touching the ball in the game

Osman - Leon done ok but he plays alot better in the middle, we would have been better playing 4 5 1 with Osman Manny an Cars in the middle imo.

Anichebe - Vic won quite a few flick ons and he put more effort in than usual but I would have liked Vaughan to be fit that Anton Ferdinand is a load of shit he would have ran him all over the park

Yakubu - The Yak took his goal superbly and he put a good shift in but there back 4 are shite he wasnt exactly playing against class, fair play to him tho he done well.

We were passed around all game because are players decide to stand off for some reason and thats something you dont do with Westham because they wil start to play good football.

quite a few individuals done well but as a team we were poor yesterday. :(

Edited by Blue4Ever

first half we should have 2 even 3-0 up, if vic had taken an extra touch green had committed. we didnt feed the yak properly yesterday, we were giving it to him and expecting miracles. how that goal was given offside... its criminal.

oh yeah and freddie sears, well on his way to being a chelsea player with that dive.

agree with the above about unsteady freddy and his passion for eating the dirt, two dives in the space of ten mins makes him drogba material.

not sure where some of the "we should have lost 4-1/3-1" comments are coming from, the game should have been done and dusted by half time. dont forget that green also made an important save from baines in the second half.

however, no denying we looked like the prince of wales sunday morning team in the last 30mins of the game. thankgod we have 8 days til our next game.

good news today though with liverpool not only taking a shoeing in the scoreline but losing mascherano, it should mean will come out on top when it turns into a midfield war.

i just hope cahill, aj and yobo are back for next weekend

bring on the scum

^ haha love it the way you sed the times of the goals

1-0 to us yakubu back were he belongs on the scoresheet

i was nearly right lol

very frustraiting to not get 3 points yesterday.

on the bright side manny came back to life second half but on the downside arteta went poor and jags went strange

just to add i thought that sears looked a decent player untill he started diving everywere! its a shame.

he looked good on the ball that Sears^^

If moyes would only play this..

-------------------HOWARD----------------------

JAGS------YOBO-----------LESCOTT----BAINES

-------------------CARSLEY-----------------------

ARTETA----OSMAN-----FERNANDES----PIENAAR

--------------------YAKUBU-------------------------

I think we would have a real chance of winning the derby with that team, but i can only dream haha -_-

Edited by Blue4Ever

We should be safe in 5th place!

and when you look at Saturday....we were missing AJ, Vaughan,Yobo, Pienaar...in a way Cahill!

Baines is short on matches, so is Fernandes......the ref was terrible, yes Yak was onside, yes he missed a blatent pass back which would have been a free kick on the penalty spot, he missed some pretty heavy West Ham tackles......so on and so on!!

YES, yes we were on top of that not exactly at our best!....I think going out of europe has hit the lads a bit more than we know!...saying that, they should be over it.

I thought Arteta seemed to be happy on the turf!........ffs get up and show us what you can do man!....only go down if you friggin have too!

Same as Fulham!....once Fernandes was on! how could he change things with that bench?

Please, please James Vaughan.....get better soon!....you can get tablets now that are good for tendons and ligaments!....say's on the bottle take 3 a day......TAKE 5 and hurry back lad!

PS well played West Ham.

Travelled 455 miles this weekend to see the game and visit a few relatives and friends while i was up there, just got a couple of things to say about the game cos i agree with most of what has been said.

The first thing is... i understand why moyes always plays Lescott ahead of Baines in the f/b position even when everybody is fit, Baines is ok at getting forward and delivering balls but is not very good at defending, which is mainly what he should be doing. I think his inclusion on saturday seriously weakened our defence, along with the fact that Yobo was also missing i think we might have been stronger if Nuno had played. Just my personal opinion.

Also would like to give credit to the Yak for his workrate, and handling the attacking role basicly on his own, cos i thought Victor went missing for long spells in that game, and provided him with very little assistance.

Once again it shows how we have no chance of competeing on a higher level with the meagre squad we have, lose one or two players and we are struggling to field a team. Arteta is not fit and needs the op, Osman is not a winger and never plays well out there, Victor is not the answer in the forward line, and i'm beginning to have SERIOUS doubts about Fernandes,

ITS NO WONDER HE COULD NEVER GET A GAME FOR THE FOREIGN CLUBS THAT OWNED HIM, IF THATS ALL HE CAN COME UP WITH. I wouldnt pay 5 million for what ive seen so far and i dont think Moyes will be taking him on either.

A very disappointing performance coming after the dismal display at Fulham, so i think we have to start looking over our shoulder now, and worry about those who can catch us, if we are all honest, getting 4th place was only a dream wasnt it.

Jags has not looked good at RB so why would you play him there?

He looked good in the Bolton game there, maybe not in a few of the other games but i cant stand Neville playing when he's obivously our weakest player.

on his form now im sure he'd play just as good there and if like to see Baines keep his place leftback, we look so much better down the left with him there and we no we will get crosses from the left with him and Pienaar there.

Jags is a CB, he's less than average anywhere else and if you don't like Neville because he can't cross then why the hell would you want Jags playing there? His distribution is just as bad, if not worse, than Neville's. Im not saying Neville is the best RB in the world but until we get a proper replacement then he should play there. When he gets it right his crosses are perfect.

Jags is a CB, he's less than average anywhere else and if you don't like Neville because he can't cross then why the hell would you want Jags playing there? His distribution is just as bad, if not worse, than Neville's. Im not saying Neville is the best RB in the world but until we get a proper replacement then he should play there. When he gets it right his crosses are perfect.

No its not just his crossing, everything he does except the odd 1 2 is poor, Jags would be alot better defensively and it would also mean Baines could play leftback. I would much rather have Tony Hibbert there, I know you dispise Hibbo like I Dispise Neville but I think Tony would do a better job these days. Could Neville mark a Petrov or a Downing out a match? Doubt it..

Edited by Blue4Ever

No its not just his crossing, everything he does except the odd 1 2 is poor, Jags would be alot better defensively and it would also mean Baines could play leftback. I would much rather have Tony Hibbert there, I know you dispise Hibbo like I Dispise Neville but I think Tony would do a better job these days. Could Neville mark a Petrov or a Downing out a match? Doubt it..

I hear what you're saying mate but the problem is I don't want to play Jags, Hibbo or Neville there because I think all 3 would be shite tbh. With Hibbert you've got the fact he gets a nose bleed when he crosses the half way line and don't be fooled by a lot of his 'good' defending, most of it is needed because of his own shit positioning. He did mark Petrov out of the game and that's what infuriates me, he does it once or twice a season and then he's back to his shit self. Then you've got Neville who hoofs the ball to nobody at all and regularly just shits himself when the ball comes to him and backs off opposition players far too much. Then there's Jags who I think would get caught out of position far more than the other two and also wouldn't be good at going forward. If it's between Hibbo and Neville I would go with Neville every time, but I'd much rather we got a replacement in the summer.

Let's not do an England and try and fit players into unnatural positions. Based on the last game Lescott should be on the bench for our next game (he won't I know) because he looked lost at CB and I feel that had an effect on Jags. He looked far better with Yobo as his partner IMO. I'd play - Neville Yobo Jags Baines

Ahem.... Thats a bold statement Mark, Your talking about dropping a player who is currently sitting top of our our player of the season chart, is a far better fullback than Baines, and is an even better centre half, Baines is a good attacker but a poor defender and if Yobo is fit for the Derby match Baines will be left out, and Lescott will move to fullback.

Ahem.... Thats a bold statement Mark, Your talking about dropping a player who is currently sitting top of our our player of the season chart, is a far better fullback than Baines, and is an even better centre half, Baines is a good attacker but a poor defender and if Yobo is fit for the Derby match Baines will be left out, and Lescott will move to fullback.

True...Id keep lescott were he belongs myself in the middle, i love him going up that left wing but in all honesty his real position in centerback, If only Jagielka or Yobo were rightbacks <_<

Licker i disagree to an extent. Baines caused none of the goals and tbh only done a few things wrong whole game. I'v got a feeling Baines will play in the derby if anyone watched the game on Sultana Sports the interview at the end of the game it was Baines and Osman and they way Baines was talking about the derby it was as if he had already been picked.

I think being a local lad will help Baines too because he's probably wanting to snap Gerrad's legs. Baines has said that this game will decide forth spot and for some reason I think are boys will be fired up for this game as its all or nothing (well not really all or nothing cos we've still got UEFA Cup if we finish 5th). COYB!

Im just judging it on the last game tbh Bill, and Lescott looked very uncomfortable as a centre back. The thing with Baines is when he goes forward someone needs to drop back and cover for him, but nobody does it. We all wanted Baines because he could attack so we can't really moan when he does it. The man that probably should drop back is Carsley, but he gets fat too ahead of the play the majority of the time.

"Licker i disagree to an extent. Baines caused none of the goals and tbh only done a few things wrong whole game".

I didnt say he caused any goals or done anything wrong Josh, i just think Lescott is a better fullback, and he adds strength to the defence. Our defence was woefull on Saturday and we were lucky to come out with a draw. It may have been that Yobo was missing, but i still think Baines is not the best at defending, and if Yobo is available for next week i hope Lescott will be moved across to full back.

Ok Licker i get what you mean. considering Lescott is a cb origionally he didnt play well there maybe its because he had Yobo there last season and wasnt used to havin jags next to him. He must have got so used to playin in left back. If Peanuts is still missin I wud consider Baines in left mid an Arteta on right.

Edited by Josh Berno

Lescott reminds me a bit of Carragher in his earlier career, he has moments where he switches off now and again and at CB it can cause goals. I hope once he gets a little more experience he'll start to cut out the lapses in concentration, but at the moment I think it's better keeping him at FB. I thought Baines had a decent game, the problem with Lescott at FB is that although he is excellent defensively and gives us extra height as well, his crossing is usually poor. He makes a lot of good runs going forward and does a lot of good work, but his final ball isn't usually very good, whereas Baines is smaller, doesn't yet appear to be QUITE as solid defensively but looks much more of a threat going forward with a much better delivery. It's a close one, but in big games against good attacking teams then I'd pick Lescott every time. Yobo has to be our first choice CB and I think Jags compliments his style really well, it's a good mix of grace and steel.

Licker i disagree to an extent. Baines caused none of the goals and tbh only done a few things wrong whole game. I'v got a feeling Baines will play in the derby if anyone watched the game on Sultana Sports the interview at the end of the game it was Baines and Osman and they way Baines was talking about the derby it was as if he had already been picked.

I think being a local lad will help Baines too because he's probably wanting to snap Gerrad's legs. Baines has said that this game will decide forth spot and for some reason I think are boys will be fired up for this game as its all or nothing (well not really all or nothing cos we've still got UEFA Cup if we finish 5th). COYB!

I'm sorry but have people seen the size of Leighton Baines?.....Snap Gerrards leg!!

Come on Baines!, snap a leg!......your not allowed to bring your car on the pitch during a match, and certainly not while the games in progress.....that would be the only way Leighton could do Gerrard any damage!

Don't break his leg.....Bainesy......break his heart!Skip past him, lay it into The YAK's path and let him do the rest!!......................much more painfull for captain fantastic!

I'm sorry but have people seen the size of Leighton Baines?.....Snap Gerrards leg!!

Come on Baines!, snap a leg!......your not allowed to bring your car on the pitch during a match, and certainly not while the games in progress.....that would be the only way Leighton could do Gerrard any damage!

Don't break his leg.....Bainesy......break his heart!Skip past him, lay it into The YAK's path and let him do the rest!!......................much more painfull for captain fantastic!

Why would he want to when Gerrards probably one of his favourite players? He's a red isnt he?