IGNORED

Summer Hols

so where you going and when?

june 26th-1st july going to dessel belgium to go and see the graspop metal meeting. Judas Priest , Kiss and Iron Maiden headliners. im taking my everton scarf and im going to make it a mission to get a picture of gene simmons with an everton scarf.

26th August to i cant remember when. going to orlando florida to bask in the sun and hurricaines lol. plus im going to see my uncle who i havnt seen since 1997

Not quite a holiday Alex, I am up in Scotland at the mo for two weeks doing my therapy thing. Weather up here is scorching hot and I don't have to do any dishes. Big up on the Kiss thing went to see them in Deeside in 82 on the Unmasked tour.

ATB

Mac

july 23rd - falaraki for 2 weeks. First time away with just me mates =]

My daughter is there at the moment....and we're left holding the baby for ten days (woke me up at 5.30 this morning) :) .

Just wondering if it's long enough to sow the seed of Blue indoctrination and undo the damage done by Devonian "Red" father in the last two years :lol: .

No foreign holiday plans this year, partly because the horrific €€€€€ rate makes it so bloody expensive :( .

My daughter is there at the moment....and we're left holding the baby for ten days (woke me up at 5.30 this morning) :) .

Just wondering if it's long enough to sow the seed of Blue indoctrination and undo the damage done by Devonian "Red" father in the last two years :lol: .

No foreign holiday plans this year, partly because the horrific €€€€€ rate makes it so bloody expensive :( .

29th of this month we're off to Bulgaria for a week, where nothing is expensive, i can live like a king on my pension. :D

August, a weeks walking in the Lake District.

September, a week in Jersey.

mikeo ask her what its like there - weather and party wise haha. i can not wait to go now

I'll get the inside info for you Aaron, no prob :D .

Did Bulgaria twenty plus years ago Bill, ski-ing holiday when it was still communist. Most bizarre holiday I ever had....there was no snow so we couldn't ski and there was nothing else to do other than drink and eat biscuits (the only thing for sale in the "supermarkets," honest). The hotel food was inedible, the local beer disgusting so we survived on vodka and Becks from the "hard currency" shops. Was pissing blood by the end of it...not to be recommended :( . I took £270 spending money, changed it on the black market, spending non stop all day, never bothering to pick up any change, tipped big and brought £200 home with me....crazy time.

so where you going and when?

june 26th-1st july going to dessel belgium to go and see the graspop metal meeting. Judas Priest , Kiss and Iron Maiden headliners. im taking my everton scarf and im going to make it a mission to get a picture of gene simmons with an everton scarf.

26th August to i cant remember when. going to orlando florida to bask in the sun and hurricaines lol. plus im going to see my uncle who i havnt seen since 1997

You lucky bastard.

Still, I saw Kiss and Priest at Download and I'm seeing Maiden at Twickenham on July 5th :D

I'll be going to Reading Festival to see Metallica as well.

And going on holiday to Lincolnshire as usual.

mikeo ask her what its like there - weather and party wise haha. i can not wait to go now

Had a call from her Aaron....roasting hot (and the aircon in her room has broken down :( ) but she apparently gate-crashed a couple of "organised" bar crawls and got loads of free drinks so that made her happy :rolleyes: .

I've never got that concept personally, I was always perfectly capable of crawling without being organised, and you also get to crawl where and when you want :D .

29th of this month we're off to Bulgaria for a week, where nothing is expensive, i can live like a king on my pension. :D

August, a weeks walking in the Lake District.

September, a week in Jersey.

I'm off to Bulgaria with the boyf in September, glad to hear its cheap!!! And off to Kent for a week cant see that being as cheap!!

And then to Birmingham for a week very glamourous

Turkey is a good option for us at the moment Det, the €uro rate is dreadful so Greece/Spain etc are not good value.

Where is the best resort for a quiet, peaceful holiday...no big parties, noisy clubs, high rise hotels.

Will be in Glastonbury in the summer hols for ten days/two weeks, as we always are. Camping the easy way, tent has three bedrooms and is nearly as big as our house and our mobile kitchen is almost better equipped than our real one :P . Done the "carry everything on your back and wash under a cold tap" type of camping and loved it but I'm too old for that now :) .

Yes you are right. 1 € = 2 Turkish Liras. Good ratio i think. If you want to active holiday like club, disco, entertainment etc. i suggest Bodrum, Marmaris, Cesme, Kusadasi. But if you want to quite holiday like Mike i suggest Mugla. This link is for you Mike. I spent my holiday two years ago in here: http://www.turizmlinkleri.com/link.asp?islem=out&id=340

And comment from The Guardian about Club Amazon:

"A remarkable place in deep, wild forest far removed from all jarring traces of modern development."

The Guardian

Finally i am not owner of this club :)

Turkey is a good option for us at the moment Det, the €uro rate is dreadful so Greece/Spain etc are not good value.

Where is the best resort for a quiet, peaceful holiday...no big parties, noisy clubs, high rise hotels.

Will be in Glastonbury in the summer hols for ten days/two weeks, as we always are. Camping the easy way, tent has three bedrooms and is nearly as big as our house and our mobile kitchen is almost better equipped than our real one :P . Done the "carry everything on your back and wash under a cold tap" type of camping and loved it but I'm too old for that now :) .

Right with you there Mike! Had a week in Dorset a couple of weeks ago, got another week coming up in July but not decided where yet, and then having a week in Wales at the beginning of September

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you and your liver have a great time.....try to avoid contracting any embarrassing infections also, a visit to an STD clinic quickly takes the shine off happy holiday memories....er...I'm told :unsure: .

Oh....and if we leave Goodison while you're away we'll be sure to leave a message to let you know where we are :lol: .

Did Portugal in April, looking to go somewhere again before September, probably using my season ticket money i saved. A fella whose done a few jobs with me, has a place in Denver, and his asked me and the missis to join him sometime, its a place i've always wanted to visit, so will probably give it try.