IGNORED

Darren Bent

Not really seen much of Darren Bent.

Any good? Better than AJ?

I think if we could get Bent and give him a proper run, he would be an excellent addition to our squad. I mean he scored alot with Charlton in the Premier League, and lets be honest, hasn't had much of a run in the Spurs side. If AJ leaves, I think Bent would be an excellent addition. Pace, strength, good engine and work ethic. Would love to see him here.

But saying that, if AJ stays, I agree, DF mid and a wide player are definitely priorities for me.

I like AJ and I'd rather he stayed but he's scored 17 in 61 games for us while Bent scored 31 in 68 games at Charlton while they were virtually always struggling.

The one time I saw Bent live was the 2-1 win at Goodison at the end of the 06/07 when he always looked a threat and I always felt he'd score (even though he was playing alonside Zheng who may as well have sat on the touchline picking his nose for the effect he had on the game), and he did.

I like AJ and I'd rather he stayed but he's scored 17 in 61 games for us while Bent scored 31 in 68 games at Charlton while they were virtually always struggling.

The one time I saw Bent live was the 2-1 win at Goodison at the end of the 06/07 when he always looked a threat and I always felt he'd score (even though he was playing alonside Zheng who may as well have sat on the touchline picking his nose for the effect he had on the game), and he did.

I agree. I've been majorly disappointed by AJ and if we could sell him and get Bent in without spending any money then I'd do it in the blink of an eye. Bent is younger, quicker and before moving to Spurs had a decent scoring record. He has had a strange time of it at Spurs (he's never really been given a chance) but I'd take a gamble on him, as long as we ship out AJ. I think this story may have some legs and I'd welcome it.

I can't see this one happening at all. I'm sorry, but Darren Bent won't be putting on an everton shirt next season. As for AJ, I am for selling him. IMHO, he's too small, always gets pushed to easily of the ball, and although he does work hard, too many times have I seen in him situations on goal, and just been brushed of the ball with the flimsiest of touches. A good player, but lacking in strength.

Bent > Aj

Bent is far better than AJ imo. Look at his tally at a shit club (charlton) right up there with the best, over two seasons (before people say AJ's with palace, in which many were pens).

Sell AJ, we could get i think 9mil out of him tbh and sign bent for 8mil? yes please

Think AJ will be gone, cant see us signing Bent, however i do think he is a better player than AJ and a good addition to our squad. I would prefer for us to bring in a DM, CM and winger with the money (if any) we have as that is where we need to focus our attention on and I am sure Moyes is fully aware of it.

I'd love Bent here and keep AJ - Yak, Bent, AJ, (Vic and Vaughan) - send one of the 2 youngsters out on loan - question marks over Vaughan's fitness still. We need quality options up top and I think this offers us plenty. When we lost Vaughan and AJ last season and Timmy was out it was obvious Yak needed a rest and Vic struggled. So if there is money whether it's ground related or whatever £8m for Bent is a good deal - saying this priority must be central midfield. If we signed Huddlestone, Johnson and Bent and one of Bentley/Milner/SWP/Lennon I for one would be delighted - think this would make a real statement. Quality young english players to add to the ones we already have.

Guest blueboy122

Yes totally agree with c1982! it would be amazing if we singed all them we would have a heck of team!! do u think spurs would knock money off if we bought bent,huddlestone and lennon haha. id give them 20 million for them 3... tops! johnson woould be a real capture!! hes brilliant!

o yes what do u think of finnan? would defo have him here!! the shite want rid of him i reakon maybe offer them 1.5m for him?

Edited by blueboy122

I'd love Bent here and keep AJ - Yak, Bent, AJ, (Vic and Vaughan) - send one of the 2 youngsters out on loan - question marks over Vaughan's fitness still. We need quality options up top and I think this offers us plenty. When we lost Vaughan and AJ last season and Timmy was out it was obvious Yak needed a rest and Vic struggled. So if there is money whether it's ground related or whatever £8m for Bent is a good deal - saying this priority must be central midfield. If we signed Huddlestone, Johnson and Bent and one of Bentley/Milner/SWP/Lennon I for one would be delighted - think this would make a real statement. Quality young english players to add to the ones we already have.

I totaly agree with you there.. i go back on selling AJ :P. JUst a quick point on Bent, look what happened with Defoe he wasnt getting picked and most clubs wouldnt touch him with a barge pole but Portmouth signed him up and hes doing wonders with Pompy so i belive Bent can do the same for us.. look at his record at Charlton id just hope hed do better than his brother did for us:P And i dont know who id rather have in the team Lennon or Bently.. Both different players, Lennon a fast, creative winger or Bently and decent cross and eye for the box. I think if we signed Bent then id go for Lennon. But saying that i still like Bently and his style of play, like David Beckham but not as camp:lol:.. but what he has over Beckham is a bit more speed so it leaves a bit of a perdicament. But if were linked with these types of players then it very exciting, i would even go as far to say that it makes up for the disapointment of the Arshavin business and Jo. So i would say go for the three Spurs boys, Bent, Lennon and Huddlestone.. and why not spend a bit more and bring in Bently, now thats a squad to look forward to :D