IGNORED

Moderator Madness!

Guest once-a-blue!

Guest once-a-blue!

Personally I think your mods have reduced this forum to a joke? The vast majority of members seem to have lost interest and the number of post are minimal. Surely a bit of banter with the Redshites as you so politely call them is no bad thing.

Personally I think your mods have reduced this forum to a joke?

Thanks for the input.

All intelligent comment will be carefully considered; incoherent drivel will be dealt with accordingly.

This is a recorded message, your computer will self destruct in ten seconds.

Have a nice afterlife.

2.gif

Surely a bit of banter with the Redshites as you so politely call them is no bad thing.

there is no problem with banter with the redshite!

we often do have banter, our very special case Xav has been a longer serving member than a lot of blue and has made more contributions to the site than a lot of blue members have.

but as mike said, thanks for the input.

but please give more details of the problem, after all we are here to help, for you are the members we serve.

Guest once-a-blue!
there is no problem with banter with the redshite!

we often do have banter, our very special case Xav has been a longer serving member than a lot of blue and has made more contributions to the site than a lot of blue members have.

but as mike said, thanks for the input.

but please give more details of the problem, after all we are here to help, for you are the members we serve.

Two responses both from mods - I rest my case! Why have a category called General Football discussion when generally you ban any abuse from Liverpool supporters and allow many of your own foul mouthed supporters to say what they like! I know you are bitter but isn't that just a little bit pathetic!

Two responses both from mods - I rest my case! Why have a category called General Football discussion when generally you ban any abuse from Liverpool supporters and allow many of your own foul mouthed supporters to say what they like! I know you are bitter but isn't that just a little bit pathetic!

maybe this was because you made a comment about mods, so mods replied!

and i think most people on here are happy with the way we run things. if liverpool fans really want to talk about football they have liverpool sites to discuss issues with other liverpool fans. if you want to talk to evertonians then this is the place to do it. but as most of your posts are generally to cause arguments, we dont like that very much. as stated above by myself, xavb has been posting on here openly as a liverpudlian, he does not cause fights and is respectful to everyone, this is the bench mark for other supporters to follow on TT.

if anybody is unhappy with things then please post your issues here if you would like to air them publicly, if not you are welcome to pm any of the mods and we will help with your requests.

StevO

obviously you enjoyed the pms i have sent you :)

There's only you who sounds bitter here, then again your lot have plenty of stereotypes.

:lol: you poor dilusional fuckwit

Hey soft lad do you ever look at the number of visitors you have on your pathetic little fascist monitored diminishing forum? I guess it is because it is full of dimwits like you that have the inability to string a sentence together without using insults or foul language that most members don't bother participating. The reason I visit this site is to defend some of the absolute nonsense that is written. For example some complete and utter prat of the highest order started a thread about Torres going to Man U or Chelsea - I wonder what sort of mindless no mark would do that - the same intellectually challenged poster used to write similar garbage about Gerrard. Stick to your own poor example of a team and there would never be a problem except that the forum would be even more boring if that is possible.

upon my temporary return, i might agree with the OP. although that quote makes me think he's a dick ^

but in all seriousness, whether its the mod team or not this forum has gone downhill. i know i know i should leave right, but then i pretty much have.

QUOTE from Craccer

"But in all seriousness, whether its the mod team or not this forum has gone downhill. i know i know i should leave right, but then i pretty much have".

Its a shame one of our long standing members thinks that way.

I dont like to see or hear of losing Members because our forum is a civilised one, and monitored in such an orderly way so as to keep it like that. (The forum for the Thinking Evertonian). But each to their own i suppose.

PS Mike...... Will you be back for the Fantasy League or should i start up one of our own. :)

i dont think its gone downhill, its the summer. we always have a quiet summer. the only thing to talk about is speculation.

when the season is up and running we get much busier, have plenty more to talk about. when europe is up and running and we have two or three games a week this place will always be packed.

stick around mike, or at least come back mid august.

i expected it to be busier being transfer season. it's certainly quieter than i remember.

i don't know bill, i'm not sure. maybe but maybe not.

i completely respect the the idea of the thinking evertonians forum and i confess to breaking the barrier on a fair few occasions myself, but i've not got the patience to deal with posts that are, to put it bluntly, pointless. it enfuriates me on such a board that this has become more and more and more common place, dare i say it i miss liam, even zed to an extent. i guess you don't know what you had till it's gone, as now it's like there's loads of kids running round, not necessarily doign anything wrong but just being plain ignorant lackign any substance to their arguements. i know this as the thinking evertonians forum and yet i've found myself posting more seriously on nsno of late, which still has a lot more banter/arguements but i don't know it just feels more 'alive'.

what was once enjoyable has become almost a chore, if i hadn't ammassed so many posts and been here for such a long time i think i'd have made my bow much sooner.

i tend to agree the forum has changed i havent posted in ages as got fed up with the abuse i recived from 3 people when my opinions didnt match theres so instead of posting i just come on this forum each day and read the topics and not post anymore with the exception of this one of course

i completely respect the the idea of the thinking evertonians forum and i confess to breaking the barrier on a fair few occasions myself, but i've not got the patience to deal with posts that are, to put it bluntly, pointless. it enfuriates me on such a board that this has become more and more and more common place, dare i say it i miss liam, even zed to an extent. i guess you don't know what you had till it's gone, as now it's like there's loads of kids running round, not necessarily doign anything wrong but just being plain ignorant lackign any substance to their arguements.

i must be honest, i agree with that.

In which case the mods need to be tougher, and then we'll get stick from another direction :) .

All forums have a mix of evolved members and some that seem to have just crawled out of the primordial slime (and all points in between), not easy to keep everyone happy.

apologies if it was me neil, i do sometimes give it out. although in most cases it is deserved.

aye you were one and apology excepted but to be honest you werent anywere as bad as the other two i used to recive 10/15 pms a day of insults from one person and no doubt will again if he reads this but i am quite content to just read posts and not reply to anything its not as enjoyable as taking part but it will do me and thanks for the apology craccer

aye you were one and apology excepted but to be honest you werent anywere as bad as the other two i used to recive 10/15 pms a day of insults from one person and no doubt will again if he reads this but i am quite content to just read posts and not reply to anything its not as enjoyable as taking part but it will do me and thanks for the apology craccer

It wasn't Dodge was it? That seems to be his thing.

Personally I don't think it's the new younger members who are the problem. Every forum I've ever been on (xbox, music, football) has had it's wind up merchants and those who don't really have a clue what they are talking about, but that's life in general - you just have to take it with a pinch of salt and in the end they either leave or get educated. I think the moderators do not crack down enough on the guidelines, I don't mind a little swearing, particularly in jest or exasperation, but personally abusing someone is well out of order and shouldn't be tolerated imo. I had to almost do a double take when reading craccers post here, something along the lines of posts that are pointless and how it cracks him up, I remember not too long ago (in fact the cause of our big argument) how two new posters did come in with excellent well constructed arguments only for craccer to call one of them a retard, go figure. The new posters aren't the cause of all the problems, I think the long standing relationships and superiority complex of some senior members was an issue, but in the main this seems to have disappeared and I think the forum is a lot more friendly place because of it.

At the end of the day we're all here for one reason, we're Everton fans, why get personal and abusive? Everyone deserves the same respect, whether they've got one post or 5000. :)

anyway, that's my take on it, I'll leave this topic now (or try my best!) before I cause any arguments (which is not my intention).

i was bored, and to be honest mate, most of your earlier posts were garbage. you've gotten better if that's any consolation. i've been around a while and had a few fights here and there, but one word name calling was never in my repertoire. i just became that fed up and bored with the site that i wanted to cause a stir and even tried to get myself banned just for something to do. it came at a time when i wasn't happy with the direction of my life...haha nah that's rubbish. just felt the site was beginning to be a little to quite, so tried to add a bit of Mike's own hot sauce. i've been banned before, and you probably wouldn't get very good odds on me being banned again in the future...such is the nature of forums. activity has caused my posting to sort of switch recently, i used to mock the other everton forums and not post in detail, but i tend to post more seriously on them now, and I'm enjoying how lively they are. i want this place to be back to what it was, but i can't see it soon, the only saving grace at the moment is that there aren't TOO MANY people saying 'what do you think about this guy, we should sign him'.

i'm no angel, nor do i pretend to be, but when i have an argument i can back it up and how many people here can't?..the answer was once few, but now it is more like most.

as for us all being everton fans, there will always be divisions some are willing to accept second best, others grew up believing and having faith in the Nil Satis Nisi Optimum motto... I am one of the latter, so excuse me for being slightly annoyed at the way everton is right now because quite simply its not acceptable to me. blue is no more everton to me than NSNO is.

to quote the great bill shankly

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Edited by CraccerC

Ok Can I put in a quick post on here?

Firstly I am a relative 'newbie' to the site so I can not comment on what it was like previously.

Secondly I have been on a few sites over the years. There is not a lot wrong with this one that I can see, some sites are a lot worse I can assure you.

Thirdly, being a Mod is not an easy job at the best of times, it is pretty thankless and you not only have to keep things moving and in order, you have to generate interest. To generate a thread to interest folks is not an easy task. (Yes I have been a mod on a number of sites) At this time of year many many many sites go into a sort of quiet period, you just have to push on through and hopefully things pick up soon. With a football site things generally tend to pick up after the start of the season.

Frankly, and this is purely my own opinion, so feel free to disagree, this is an excellent site and very well done. It is informative in places, ridiculous in others, and there is always the opportunity to see a total muppet posting absolute rubbish, which in itself can be quite funny.

(Yes I have posted absolute rubbish myself in the past and I expect I will be a muppet again in the future, nobody is perfect you know)

i used to mod one of the most popular hip hop music forums on the net, so i have experience of what it's like, and for sure it's not often easy....but this place isn't really that challenging. that being said the mods here don't do much wrong. having a staff section certainly doesn't help the elite-ist theories though.

QUOTE FROM CRACCER.......... it's not often easy....but this place isn't really that challenging.

Thanks Mike for the sideways compliment, i think it was a compliment, :) its not that challenging because we keep on top of it and keep it that way, we are often criticised for doing so but If we didnt it would be very challenging and full of Muppets, Retards and other such low life. (to coin a phrase). ;)