IGNORED

Pablo Aimar

Argentinian international Pablo Aimar, who has been tipped to join Portuguese club Benfica, is believed to be holding out for a move to a Premier League club. Newcastle and Everton have been linked with the player. (Daily Telegraph)

Seen this dont think there is much truth in it tho.. what do you all think??

Just been watching some old clips from You Tube and if the lad can still produce anywhere near he's got to be worth a punt!

But saying that why is only the like of Panathanikos who's interested? Suggests he's not.

Also only started about 15 games for Zaragoza last season.

He has potential. There's no doubt about it, you don't go from being an Argentina international to a bad player in such a short time.

It's a risk, sometimes they pay off sometimes they don't. He'd want serious money though!

Argentinian international Pablo Aimar, who has been tipped to join Portuguese club Benfica, is believed to be holding out for a move to a Premier League club. Newcastle and Everton have been linked with the player. (Daily Telegraph)

Seen this dont think there is much truth in it tho.. what do you all think??

what age is he he must be getting on now?

we'd also need a big bag of russain money to be vying for players of that calibre and age.

I'd like to see him come here but we'd still need a replacement for carsley as well, someone who will run their tits off as i imagine Aimar isn't one for tracking back and doing his defensive bit!

When did 28 become so old and decrepit that we shouldn't even look at players of this age, regardless of calibre?! Blimey

I always thought that 31/32 was the age to start worrying about a players legs... 28 is when they should be in their prime.

Saying that, not sure about Aimar, never wanted to leave Spain in previous years, when linked with "Big 4" clubs and no-one in Spain seems interested. Although any rumour that holds some weight is a welcome relief from the Championship Manager wish lists of Van Nistelrooy et al that was spouted a week or so back :)

Edited by blueblood

yeh but when was the last time you heard someone even talk about the guy. i agree we need someone who could sit in midfield run all game, go in hard and legally altho cars was a legend at gettin away wit the illegal ones two. but who is there in evertons price range?

how do you know that he just doesnt need a change of country and team to boost him back to his full potential?

Nobody spoke about pienaar or arteta in spain and germany, but moyes took a chance because he knew both players had quality. are you saying that you would miss out on signing a world class performer because he has a problem with current form?

if thats the case, we shouldnt have gone anywhere near arteta, fernandes, howard, yobo (who was awful at marseille), pienaar and cast your mind back 15 years, one peter beardsley

i think he would be a great signing and id welcome to Goodison

as for 28 being old.....no chance, like the guy said above, 28 is a prime age for an outfield player.

It could be true.. in an interview with a football magazine, one of the Everton scouts said we are looking at two Spaniards and an Argentine. He also said he recommended some players but the club are preferring to sign Fernandes.

It could be true.. in an interview with a football magazine, one of the Everton scouts said we are looking at two Spaniards and an Argentine. He also said he recommended some players but the club are preferring to sign Fernandes.

Awesome, torres, fabregas and messi - champions league here we come!

Liverpool were linked with him a while back and all my kopite mates said they would love him at their club, so i would sign him just to spite the red shite :) . Honestly though he would be a decent signing but i dont think him and Osman could play in the same midfield. They may not be similar in quality Aimar i believe being better, but we dont want to add more dwarfs to an already dwarfish midfield.

Edited by Jay Bernard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

Itss sooo frustrating!! we need to sign players like aimer to take our club forward, to the next level.signing aimer would have a huge impact on everton it would send a message out to the other clubs we meen buisness and we are taking the club forward and aimer would also attract more players of his quality to our club because of his status. if we even matched the barcodes bid for him surely he would pick everton over them we are playing in europe, we are going for the champions league what the fuck are newcastle doing? same every season sign player but they are a club going nowhere.

sometimes i jsut cant understand why the board cant see what we see. everton need to start shopping in the big boys market if we want to challenge the top four. Aimer is a huge player all over the world he would boost are merchandise sales! maybe we should mention this to the board and then they might think about even looking at him.

p.s would amier not be the bargin of the season at 7 million? it was only last year manchester united wanted him for 3x that price!

regards

Edited by blueboy122