IGNORED

The Answer To Dreams, Darren Fletcher!

He is harldy the most inspiring player in the world but he is fairly consistant. Price and wage dependant I would take him for squad numbers, we could do worse. He has european and national expierience.

I won't loose sleep if this doesn't go through but worse things could happen (would prefer to secure other siginings first though) but say 2.5m ish would be a good price for a good player, you have to remember that with the players around him its always going to be hard to "shine".

He is harldy the most inspiring player in the world but he is fairly consistant. Price and wage dependant I would take him for squad numbers, we could do worse. He has european and national expierience.

I won't loose sleep if this doesn't go through but worse things could happen (would prefer to secure other siginings first though) but say 2.5m ish would be a good price for a good player, you have to remember that with the players around him its always going to be hard to "shine".

I think you'd have to pay £6-£7m to sign this chap - good pro, would do a fine job wherever he went. I'd prefer Michael Johnson at £8m though.

Having just won the Champions league and Premiership double with manure you would have thought that the Scotland international would be content, but reports say he wants first team football and even if Ronaldo goes to Madrid, he thinks they'll bring someone else in. So with his medals in his pocket he'll look for a club, who he can play every week for. BLUEKIPPER

not to sure bout this one, wat is it with us and man u players??

please no, I don't rate Fletcher at all.

100% agree.

It's all good and well looking at squad players but he's not going to want to come here to warm the bench when that's the reason he's leaving United in the first place. Plus, we also want players who will challenge our current midfielders - Fletcher won't do that.

If we sign him I'll give him a chance, but I always thought he looked average at best and will just be another Phil Neville type squad player, which I suppose has it's value. If we get someone like this Zapate guy and Fernandez as well then I'll be happy, but if Fletcher is supposed to be the answer to our midfield woes and turn us into top 4 contenders then he won't be. Still, at least he'll add to the numbers.

if ever anyone was in doubt about the echo and whether they were sycophantic read

Finding a top class midfielder has long been the manager’s number one priority and Fletcher, who has made 172 appearances at Old Trafford since making his début in a Champions League tie against Basel in March 2003, fits the bill.

No he doesn't. i know its easy to be critical, but at the moment i can't think of a player who would fit the bill, however if we knew how much we had to spend.......