IGNORED

Moutinho

28 minutes ago, hafnia said:

At 31 and not having played in the prem before.... I'm not sure.  He's had over 10 years playing pedestrian paced football - I think it would be a culture shock this late on for his legs. 

he's been at monaco playing in the CL every year, doubt that's pedestrian.  5m is nothing in this market was my point.

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's been at monaco playing in the CL every year, doubt that's pedestrian.  5m is nothing in this market was my point.

It's nowhere near the pace of the prem.  Look at the midfields now... reliant on pace.  Monaco selling for £5m.....  Why would they do that?   He's gassed. You only need to look at the likes of edgar davids when they came over.

He may be good but at 31? 

54 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It's nowhere near the pace of the prem.  Look at the midfields now... reliant on pace.  Monaco selling for £5m.....  Why would they do that?   He's gassed. You only need to look at the likes of edgar davids when they came over.

He may be good but at 31? 

i'm not even going to list the players sold in the last 3 years that make up every Best XI in leagues across europe and the world cup.  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not even going to list the players sold in the last 3 years that make up every Best XI in leagues across europe and the world cup.  

I'm talking about the prem.... he's never played in it before.  Look online about him - his legs have gone.  In the world cup he was overrun. 

Very similar player to arteta who by all intents and purposes was done at 31/32.

I wanted moutinho here 10 years ago. Not now... are wolves going to be able to carry him in midfield? By carry I mean just allow him to have the ball and not do much running?  Scholes knew the prem inside out and had runners working for him. 

We've just got rid of a 31 year old who's legs had gone.  May be a good signing for wolves... doubt it though.