IGNORED

Stoke City (away)

dark

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was worked between a few players including tim.

Nice touch and finish from Yak, exactly what he does best.

Decent half from Fellaini, been involved a lot, wins everything in the air both attacking and defending and plays it around nicely.

Still got a lot to learn about the rest of his team of course but looks to have potential. Castillo looks decent enough as well, not seen as much of him but a decent defensive midfield rock that can play the ball around. this line up certainly shouldn't be conceeding goals with 4 at the back and 2 decent DM's.

Hope a few of you got on paddypowers offer through the OS with Yak at 10/1 to score first.

Half time thoughts-

Yakubu didn't celebrate his goal at all. Miserable get, although the service (lack of) he's had I'm not surprised.

Castillo looks decent. Keen to get on the ball, and broke up a few Stoke attacks. Maybe a little over enthusuastic with some of the passes he's pinging at people.

We look much more sold at the back with Lescott at left back.

Fellaini been tidy, but nothing spectacular. Had a shot blocked from about 40 odd yards. Looks to have a rocket of a shot.

Fantastic to see Cahill back. Just wondering how long he'll get today.

Decent first half. Stoke were more active first20-25min, then we took the ball and got into the game. Not much of chances to score, but Yak finded the net when he got the chance to do it. New arrivals Fellaini and Castillo did their job i think, a solid perfomance so far. Im only wondering why Vic started today, hes on weird position and have been totally useless so far, hopefully Vaughnie gets in and will improve our game again. Defence looks ok again when we have the same lineup than most of the last year. Arteta were bit out of it, but he`ll will do it again when he get used to that position on left wing. Castillos touches to ball have been bit soft, but have to remember we have 2 new players in starting eleven, who are playing first time at this level, were aint that much time than their earlier leagues. COYB

Decent first half. Stoke were more active first20-25min, then we took the ball and got into the game. Not much of chances to score, but Yak finded the net when he got the chance to do it. New arrivals Fellaini and Castillo did their job i think, a solid perfomance so far. Im only wondering why Vic started today, hes on weird position and have been totally useless so far, hopefully Vaughnie gets in and will improve our game again. Defence looks ok again when we have the same lineup than most of the last year. Arteta were bit out of it, but he`ll will do it again when he get used to that position on left wing. Castillos touches to ball have been bit soft, but have to remember we have 2 new players in starting eleven, who are playing first time at this level, were aint that much time than their earlier leagues. COYB

Have to agree with all of that, Stoke arn't really doing much TBH. COYB ;)

GOAL! 2-0

The second-half is under way and neither side have made any changes at the break. Yakubu's flicked header into the Stoke box is cleared away from danger by Faye. Cahill's weak cross from the right is claimed with ease inside his six-yard box by Sorensen it seems Everton have started this half on the front-foot. Everton win a corner with Cahill to take. Cahill's corner from the right is punched away from danger at his near post by Sorensen.

51 GOAL ANICHEBE! Cahill's free-kick from the right is knocked into the back of the Stoke net by a flicked header from Anichebe. Everton are 2-0 up and it is hard to see how Stoke will get back into this game.

Edited by dark

54 GOAL OLOFINJANA! Delap's long throw is punched to Olofinjana by Howard. The Stoke midfielder, from just inside the Everton box, fires home a superb volley to get his side back into the match.

It's gone down as an Olofinjana goal.

59 Fuller rounds Howard and rolls the ball into the empty net. The referee, however, has disallowed the goal as the Stoke striker pushed Yobo off the back.

Anyone else not feeling confident?

72 The referee and linesman are talking to each other as they decide whether to award a penalty to Everton.

73 Stoke are very lucky. Cort handled the ball inside the home side's box, however the referee has decided to award a free-kick. That is a shocking decision.

75 Everton boss David Moyes is being sent-off by the referee after showing his frustration at the previous awful penalty decision. He has made his way to behind the dugout and the game will continue.

77 GOAL CAHILL! Arteta's corner from the left is headed home by Cahill from eight yards. Everton are delighted with that strike as they get their noses in front again.

It's 3-2 to Everton and Rodwell's coming on.

''82 Everton make their first change with Jack Rodwell taking the place of Cahill''

<3 Moyes.

Edited by dark

''Delap's latest long throw from the right flank finds Lawrence at the far post. The resulting shot from the Stoke winger is blocked and Everton clear the danger.''

I'm seriosuly getting tired of seeing that, even my gerbil's rolling her eyes at us playing the ball out.

Everton make their second change with James Vaughan taking the place of Anichebe.

Everton clear a late Stoke corner and the referee blows his whistle for full-time. David Moyes' side have been made to work very hard for the three points and they will now hope to push on. Stoke look dangerous from set-pieces but need to add some more variety to their play as the season goes on.

Edited by dark

We were made to work hard for the three goals.....disappointed with defence and midfield...i hope fellani is not as bad as i have seen him today...i do not wanna brand him a flop in his first game,but he needs to do better than that....catillio or what ever his name was, seems OK initially but faded away as game moved on...Since this their first game together, i rather give them the benefit of doubt.....but happy to see three forwards scoring three goals....

Edited by xsaint

Hope a few of you got on paddypowers offer through the OS with Yak at 10/1 to score first.

I did, only £10 though, wished it was a lot more.

Would have given the £100 for the win but happy on both counts!!!

Would have been horrible going to play the RS in the bottow 3 which is what we were facing! Blood pressure is through the roof!

Alan Wiley is just am incompetent prick, always has been and always will be. Stoke should have had three and we should have had a penalty.

As for Stoke, they play football similar to the successful Tranmere side of the mid to late 90's, its not pretty but they make the best of what they have. If league rules allow them to close up their ground to that degree to suit long throws then we have to learn to deal with it and if it is that successful then we should do it more ourselves. As its legal there is no use moaning about it as they are doing nothing wrong within the laws of the game.

Felliani, seemed bemused at the pace of the game, one or two nice touches, never stopped running, he will improve. Castillo, far from impressed with the lad, he lost possession nearly as much as Nev and that is a worry he was alos guilty of ball watching.

I look forward to Saha donning the blue shirt replacing Vic. Vic is all heart and endeavour and in my book little else. he took his goal well though I'm not sure he knew that much about it. Is there any chance of Jags growing another three inches bring him upto size?

If Stoke play like that against others at the Brittania their direct style will trouble many other sides. We will wipe the floor with them when they come to Goodison,