IGNORED

Stoke City (away)

dark

Stoke City Football Club is a football club based in Stoke-on-Trent, England. Stoke is the second oldest club in The Football League, being founded in 1863, placing them after Notts County (1862) and before Nottingham Forest (1865), Sheffield Wednesday and Chesterfield (1867). The club was promoted to the Premier League, the top flight of English football, on 4 May 2008, having been outside the top division for 23 years.

The club’s nickname is The Potters (after the pottery industry in Stoke-on-Trent) and its home kit consists of a red & white vertical-striped shirt with white shorts and white socks. The club is currently owned by Kidsgrove Road Limited, a subsidiary of Bet365, with Peter Coates as the club's chairman. It was owned by Stoke Holding, from 1999 to 2006, which was in turn owned by a consortium of Icelandic businessmen. Coates completed his takeover on May 22 2006.

Stoke play their home fixtures at the Britannia Stadium, a 28,000 all-seater stadium. The stadium was opened in 1997; prior to this date Stoke had played at the Victoria Ground, which had been their home ground since 1878 (a record of 119 years currently shared with Wolverhampton Wanderers).

Prior to their 2008 promotion, Stoke had not participated in top flight football since the 1984-85 season when they were relegated with a total of 17 points, which would be a record low total for twenty-one years. Stoke's first major trophy was won in the 1972 League Cup Final, when Stoke beat Chelsea 2-1. The club have won the Football League Trophy on two occasions, firstly in 1992 and most recently in 2000.

Well after the abimsmal performance against Portsmouth we have what should be a simple away fixture to Stoke City to kick start September. Louis Saha to play along with Castello? What's your views on the game next week?

Edited by dark

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Line up pending transfers:

------Howard------

Jacobsen---Yobo---Lescott---Baines

Messi---Arteta---Castillo---Robinho

------Yakubu----Obinna-----

Bench: Turner, Moutinho, Zigic, Vaughan, Neville, J Cole, Anichebe

I reckon there's enough there to see off Stoke

not happy wheres KAKA :):)

Line up pending transfers:

------Howard------

Jacobsen---Yobo---Lescott---Baines

Messi---Arteta---Castillo---Robinho

------Yakubu----Obinna-----

Bench: Turner, Moutinho, Zigic, Vaughan, Neville, J Cole, Anichebe

I reckon there's enough there to see off Stoke

I just heard from my mums hairdresser that Messi has turned down the £8.50 per hour we were offering (greedy bastard..) and Robinho wont come because he's worried he may only get a handful of starts with all the amazing players we have here at the minute.!!

howard

neville yobo jags lescott

arteta fellaini castillo osman

yak vaughan

looks like a good line up to me. if cahills fit i would probably swap him for vaughan in a attacking mid position (4-5-1), maybe throw vaughany on towards the end. Sticking with the tried and tested defence of last season. My god, I'm looking forward to this game now, pity there's internationals this week- but that'll hopefully give Cahill a bit more of a chance to get some training in. I'm brimming with in excitement. COYB.

I'm almost afraid to say I think we'll win this one because I've predicted us wrong for every game so far :huh: .

1-0 to us, probably a scrappy win due to our poor form and Stoke's general poor football.

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Baines

Arteta Fellaini Castillo/Rodwell Osman (if he's fit, Baxter would play if he's not)

Yakubu Vaughan

I'm almost afraid to say I think we'll win this one because I've predicted us wrong for every game so far :huh: .

1-0 to us, probably a scrappy win due to our poor form and Stoke's general poor football.

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Baines

Arteta Fellaini Castillo/Rodwell Osman (if he's fit, Baxter would play if he's not)

Yakubu Vaughan

Christ. That the first optimism from you for awhile. Things must be looking up!

I am starting to feel better about this next game and think we'll pick up a result. The line-up I think we'll play is:-

Howard

Neville Yobo Jags J.lo

Arteta Castillio Fellaini Baines

Yak Vaughn

----------------------HOWARD-------------------------

HOOFER-----YOBO-------------JAGS-------LESCOTT

--------------RODWELL------FELLANI-----------------

ARTETA---------------BAXTER---------------OSMAN

--------------------------YAK--------------------------

That would be my team for this game.

3-0

.............................. HOWARD ..........................

NEVILLE ........ YOBO ......... JAGIELKA ...... LESCOTT

OSMAN ........ FELLAINI ..... CASTILLO ...... ARTETA

.................... VAUGHAN .... YAKUBU ...................

3-0. YAKUBU, VAUGHAN, OSMAN.

Don't be to cocky for this lads. Stoke are a piss poor team but they get results somehow, they are our bogey team lol. If you keep Fuller + Lawrence down you will win. Your best bet will be on the right as Grffin is piss poor.

Please do us a favour and beat them and do there goal difference in a bit.

I'd like to think we are fortunate to be playing Stoke after an international break. I'd imagine there are tougher fixtures we could have got after a two week gap between games.

Stoke have got off to the best possible start. I dont expect us to recieve a friendly reception, but I think we've the strength & class enough within our side to nullify any threat they might pose. We certainly have enough attacking force to score agains't them.

i think all of us were saying maybe lescott should sit on the bench for this one, i rekon moyes will probably start him after a good performance for england. hopefully we'll have enough mids available so jags doesnt have to play in the midfield. i think vaughan and yak will continue up front, vic might get a run later on in the game. really looking forward to seeing fellaini and castillo play, will be interesting to see how they go. could we possibly see a start or sub appearance for jacobsen?

.............................. HOWARD ..........................

NEVILLE ........ YOBO ......... JAGIELKA ...... LESCOTT

OSMAN ........ FELLAINI ..... CASTILLO ...... ARTETA

.................... VAUGHAN .... YAKUBU ...................

3-0. YAKUBU, VAUGHAN, OSMAN.

I agree with the team but I'm goin with 1-1.. Vaughan for us.

--------------------Howard-------------------------

Neville------Yobo------------Jagielka------Lescott

----------------------Castillo--------------------------

----Arteta-----------Fellani-------------Osman-----

---------------Yakubu---Anichebe-------------------

3-1 for me. Osman, Fellani and Vaughan coming off the bench