IGNORED

Stoke City (away)

dark

unimpressed by fellaini [maybee he was trying too hard to impress] but very impressed by castilo loved his playing style [abit like claud maka]

overall we deserved it imo they way they played the game is no way to play football surely

I was worried every second that went by in the game for Tim Cahill as he is so huge for us and he proooved that with his goal there is nobody like him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Important three points and great to see Timmy back in action, though i had thought it was a mistake to start him, but i was proved very very wrong, seeing as he was involved in all three goals.

I thought Fellaini did ok, not exceptional, but he looked composed on the ball which was good, given time he will be a very good player, but we can't expect too much too quickly. Castillio did ok. He broke the play up well but his distribution was poor in my opinion, he would win the ball well but then give it away with a silly pass, still he showed enough to see that he will be a good addition to the numbers.

Glad to see the more reliable back four in action again as well, Lescott looked much more composed for a change.

Not a great performance, but a good enough result, we are in sore need of some width though. The quicker Pienaar gets back the better. I just wish we had landed Obfimma, we could have really made a difference to us.

The game was always going to be like that today i.e. not pretty and a scrap, Im just glad that we came out on top... just. I wish we could start keepig more cleansheets because my heart isn't handling all this crap every week.

Howard - Looked dodgy, again. I know Stoke put pressure on him but if you're going to come for a ball then take everything, even if you have to go over your own defenders to do it. Forget looking for back up keepers, we shortly need to look at bringing a new number 1 in.

Neville - I thought he did well today and the hoofing was a lot less an usual.

Yobo - Made some good tackles etc today but also made a lot of mistakes and was our weakest defender.

Jagielka - Looked good mostly but was bullied by their attackers due to his lack of height.

Lescott - Looked better at LB, that's about all I have to say about him today.

Anichebe - First half he was shocking and pretty useless but second half he was fantastic and was one of our better players. Still, lets get Pienaar back eh?

Castillo - Looked VERY nervous today but broke up play well, but needs to work on his distribution.

Fellaini - Kept it very simple (as you would expect) but he didn't cope too well with the pace of the game. This should come with time though.

Cahill - Apart from his goal he didn't really do anything, but wht an important goal? Typical Cahill.

Arteta - I know he two assists but I thought he was average at best today. I suppose that's the sign of a good player though; plays pretty shite but still adds to the team

Yakubu - Scored a great goal

Not what you'd call a great game!....but a great result.That will be a hard place to go to and win!

Unless Mr long throw does a shoulder muscle!

Thought the team looked uneasy in the first half.Hardly surprising when you think Cahill's just back and two new boys in midfield, so that's three players who've probably not said more than a few words to each other, and don't really know each others type of game.Working together in the area of the pitch (midfield), where understanding is key.

I saw enough good touches to make me think in a few games time, things will improve.

Victor in midfield? have I missed something?......He seems to have found his second lung! A year or two's time after more time spent with Yak and maybe Sahar, and he could be a hell of a player, as a forward!

Still need Piennar's craft and skill to open defences.

Just thought i'd add something from what I said before, and to agree with what others are saying, but Vics second half was possibly the best 45 minutes I have seen him give. I was very impressed, alot of productive running which is exactly what the team needed and I really did not see it coming from Vic of all people. Well done lad, don't make it a one off. Please. We really need the young players to prove there worth, Vic especially does, and if today is anything to go by he could hopefully start to prove people wrong.

I don't understand how people can still criticise Arteta, he set up all 3 goals, not to mention he's set up virtually every goal we've scored this season and scored one himself. True he wasn't beating men left, right and centre, but he set up 3 goals and rarely lost posession. One minute he gets criticised for showboating, next for keeping it simple and not doing much? The bottom line is he's there to create goals and he did, all 3 of them.

My ratings:

Howard 4 - poor game, but that's only about the second time I can remember saying that about his time at Everton, saying he needs to be replaced is a disgrace imo.

Lescott 7 - did ok.

Jags 7 - poor for the second goal (although I thought he was nudged and the goal shouldn't have stood) but good to see him back, committed as ever.

Yobo 8 - didn't do anything wrong imo, fouled in the build up to their disallowed goal and the referee got it right.

Neville 7 - good game, did little wrong.

Arteta 9 - didn't get that involved but was always back working hard, got in a lot of tackles and set up all 3 goals, I don't think you can ask any more.

Fellaini 6 - won a lot of headers, but seemed to tire badly and didn't exactly run the game. Only his first game though.

Cahill 8 - he gets an 8 as he hasn't played any football in months and if it was anyone else he wouldn't have been on the pitch, but Cahill is the most important player in our team by a mile and proved it again with a brilliant header. Everton's season will dramatically improve now.

Castillo 7 - did some good things but also tried too many first time passes which went straight to the opposition, not bad for his first game though.

Anichebe 8 - hardly gave the ball away, kept going and scored a good goal. Won a lot of headers, best game I've seen him have for us when he's started. Well done, much more like it.

Yakubu 8 - BRILLIANT goal, absolutely sublime, the type of goal AJ couldn't even dream of scoring. Another hard working game and another goal, what a signing.

A superb win which would have been easier if not for Alan Wiley, totally deserved 3 points against Stoke who never looked like scoring except off throw ins. Now onwards and upwards, with Pienaar and Osman back we'll be absolutely flying, especially if Vaughan and Cahill can stay fit.

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI AUssie OI aussie OI aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

i was in bed and looked at the scores and it was 2-2 chucked on my radio and the guy on the radio was like

in the english premier its stoke 2 and there was this huge pause cahill has scored i went poff my face lol great first goal by yak though 3 goals in 4 games and a missed penalty

The game was always going to be like that today i.e. not pretty and a scrap, Im just glad that we came out on top... just. I wish we could start keepig more cleansheets because my heart isn't handling all this crap every week.

Howard - Looked dodgy, again. I know Stoke put pressure on him but if you're going to come for a ball then take everything, even if you have to go over your own defenders to do it. Forget looking for back up keepers, we shortly need to look at bringing a new number 1 in.

Neville - I thought he did well today and the hoofing was a lot less an usual.

Yobo - Made some good tackles etc today but also made a lot of mistakes and was our weakest defender.

Jagielka - Looked good mostly but was bullied by their attackers due to his lack of height.

Lescott - Looked better at LB, that's about all I have to say about him today.

Anichebe - First half he was shocking and pretty useless but second half he was fantastic and was one of our better players. Still, lets get Pienaar back eh?

Castillo - Looked VERY nervous today but broke up play well, but needs to work on his distribution.

Fellaini - Kept it very simple (as you would expect) but he didn't cope too well with the pace of the game. This should come with time though.

Cahill - Apart from his goal he didn't really do anything, but wht an important goal? Typical Cahill.

Arteta - I know he two assists but I thought he was average at best today. I suppose that's the sign of a good player though; plays pretty shite but still adds to the team

Yakubu - Scored a great goal

With the exception of your Howard comments I could have written the rest myself Mark, good report that. Tim was dodgy today and he flapped at their second goal like a fish out of water. I think Moyes will give him a right kick up the arse and have him practice those situations all week because he lost it. That said it was a rare failure for him and should be viewed as such

With the exception of your Howard comments I could have written the rest myself Mark, good report that. Tim was dodgy today and he flapped at their second goal like a fish out of water. I think Moyes will give him a right kick up the arse and have him practice those situations all week because he lost it. That said it was a rare failure for him and should be viewed as such

If this had been a one off for Howard then I wouldn't be too bothered but he's looked off the boil since the first game of the season and it's getting to the point where I shit myself every time the ball goes near him. Maybe our defence feel the same and this could be a reason for their poor showings so far this season?

Just a thought but well done to all those Stoke fans shaking hands with the boss at the end, nice touch that

Yeah when I watched the game on MOTD2 I saw David shake the hands of the Stoke supporters, nice to know that he could have a good match even from where he was sat.

If this had been a one off for Howard then I wouldn't be too bothered but he's looked off the boil since the first game of the season and it's getting to the point where I shit myself every time the ball goes near him. Maybe our defence feel the same and this could be a reason for their poor showings so far this season?

Tim has been shakey all season so far and needs to start grabbing some clean sheets.

4 Games and 9 Goals.

In the Blackburn and the Portsmouth game IMO you can't just blame Howard directly for the goals, however it is statistics that count and going into Standard Liege with a record like that you can almost bank on the away side putting a few goals past us.

Mark I wouldn't argue too much with you but don't forget the season is all of four games old and that same keeper went so close to beating Super Nevs all time clean sheet record last season having conceded far to many when that season opened. A kick up the arse is what is needed mate

i dont think we should be too worried about tim howard, if you look at other goalkeeper's starts to the season they havent been fantastic either, robinsons conceded 11 goals in 4 games, james 6 in 4 games, green 8 in 4 games, myhill 8 in 4 games, given 6 in 4 games. ok after doing this research i realise maybe he hasnt been at top form haha, but at least he hasnt been the worst, and no doubt he will improve as the season goes on.

i dont think we should be too worried about tim howard, if you look at other goalkeeper's starts to the season they havent been fantastic either, robinsons conceded 11 goals in 4 games, james 6 in 4 games, green 8 in 4 games, myhill 8 in 4 games, given 6 in 4 games. ok after doing this research i realise maybe he hasnt been at top form haha, but at least he hasnt been the worst, and no doubt he will improve as the season goes on.

he's starting to be a liability now, he doesnt communicate with his defenders at all and his kicking is poor, he's not as good as everyone thinks, id go in for given if it was up to me, quality keeper at a shit team.

I think Howard is suffering slightly from his involvement with the USA team. It can't be that easy to maintain full concentration after spending alot of time flying half way around the world and back for the odd game of football.

Personally thats what I have been putting it down to at the moment. He has looked slightly off colour but I still think he will settle down again, espeically when we get the old more reliable back four settled in front of him again. I don't think we need to panic just yet.

(Quote)<<<Not a great performance, but a good enough result, we are in sore need of some width though. The quicker Pienaar gets back the better>>>

Agree with you Jamie I can't wait for Stevie to get back fit. We don't have enough width without him and we miss his energy. I love watching him play he's a dynamo always lively and often inventive. To think we payed 2.5 or whatever it was for him is quite astounding, when you consider what he brings to the team.

I'm sad too that we've conceeded so many goal already this season, considering what a mean defence we had last season. But I'm not too worried that can't be put right. I'm certain we won't be the only team to struggle with Stokes missile launcher Delap. As the offside rule doesn't apply to throw ins. When they play away from home I won't be shocked to see the hording place two inches from the pitch.

Edited by EvilG