IGNORED

John O'shea And Mark Schwarzer

David Moyes wants to capture John O'Shea and Mark Schwarzer in the summer - and will offload Alan Stubbs and David Weir to finance the deals.

Moyes' Toffees made a disastrous start to the season, losing 11 of their first 14 games in a run which included a 5-1 blitz by Dinamo Bucharest and saw them fall out of both the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

But Goodison chairman Bill Kenwright stood by his manager and has been rewarded by a resurgence in form which has seen the Toffees win eight of their last 14 games, the most recent being the 3-1 humbling of Fulham in which James Beattie and James McFadden scored stunners.

Moyes has steered his side to the magical 40-point mark for survival, so has now turned his attention to the summer transfer window - and Manchester United utility man O'Shea is top of his list.

Ageing centre-backs Weir and Stubbs are approaching the end of their top-flight careers at 35 and 34 respectively, and Moyes will look to get them off the wage bill to finance the deal for O'Shea.

The Republic of Ireland star has often been used in central midfield by United this season, but prefers to play at left-back or centre-back so would be keen to join former Red Devil Phil Neville at Goodison Park.

And Moyes is also looking to recruit 33-year-old Schwarzer from Boro, as first-choice keeper Nigel Martyn is now 39.

The Aussie stopper slapped in a transfer request in January but asked to come off it after only Portsmouth expressed an interest - and has since got back in favour under Steve McClaren.

But Moyes is confident he can lure Schwarzer to Merseyside, with the Toffees hoping to make a late surge for a UEFA Cup spot.

John o'Shea story was in the NOTW yesterday.

Price of £3m mentioned. Don't think thats 2 bad. Would like to see it happen but doubt it.

If getting rid of Stubbs and Weir need to bring in 2 defenders not just one. If only get 1 defender in then need to keep stubbs or Weir (Stubbs is my choice) as cover.

Schwarzer would only be a stop gap for a couple of years until Ruddy and Turner are ready

I like Schwartzer, im biased because im an Aussie, but if you saw his performance in the penalty shootout that secured us a World Cup spot you would know why, his one hander diving full stretch to his left was an absolute gem.....class keeper and i for one would be happy if we signed him.

If we paid £5m for Koldrup, I think £3m for a versatile player like O'Shea is an absolute bargain, the jury is still out on Schwarzer, a good shot stopper but he is a bit of a Dracula (afraid of crosses).

I am running out of salt to take with all these rumours that are being bandied around.

ATB

Mac